***Auburn vs. San Jose State - Post Game Thread***

alexava

The bigger question is "where do we go from here"? Keep doing what we are doing and we don't win half the remaining games. Frankly, I see one win (Idaho) and one toss up (Kentucky). We don't beat Arky, OM, A&M, UGA or Bammer playing like this. So we are staring 4 - 8 or 5 - 7 dead in the face if something change. Sorry to the sunshine pampers, and I am usually one of them, but the reality is we are not a very good team right now. We show flashes from time to time but play on both sides of the ball is so inconsistent we just can't seem to get it together. Coaches are going to do a heck of a job from here on out for this team to have a winning season and that is the reality.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coaches are going to do a heck of a job from here on out for this team to have a winning season and that is the reality.

It might be time to earn those paychecks?!

The bigger question is "where do we go from here"? Keep doing what we are doing and we don't win half the remaining games. Frankly, I see one win (Idaho) and one toss up (Kentucky). We don't beat Arky, OM, A&M, UGA or Bammer playing like this. So we are staring 4 - 8 or 5 - 7 dead in the face if something change. Sorry to the sunshine pampers, and I am usually one of them, but the reality is we are not a very good team right now. We show flashes from time to time but play on both sides of the ball is so inconsistent we just can't seem to get it together. Coaches are going to do a heck of a job from here on out for this team to have a winning season and that is the reality.

LOL. It is rare that I enjoy automistake; but the image of you as a 'sunshine pamper' makes me laugh. It's like the Jimmy Dean sun commercials crossed with those insurance commercials with the big baby, or something.

So, thanks, automistake -- you made my day.

Coaches are going to do a heck of a job from here on out for this team to have a winning season and that is the reality.

Say it ain't so!

Say it ain't so!

Well, I did say "might be" . . . just to cover my bases

Say it ain't so!

Well, I did say "might be" . . . just to cover my bases

Whew...*autopilot re-engage*

There's a lot of trolls lurking this board.

There are a lot of AU fans dealing with the shattering of high expectations. Football is important to us(maybe too much so). The chips are down and everyone is venting in their own way. Expressing frustration accurately on a message board isn't easy.

Stated very well. Kudos.

Is Stat OK?

Looking for his report card and other numbers?

Or is he a little sick like the rest of us and has thrown in the towel?

Is Stat OK?

I was wondering the same.

Is Stat OK?

I was wondering the same.

Probably just smart and staying off the boards until at least later this afternoon.

He didn't go for it because he didn't think we could make it. If he did he would have. Seems pretty straightforward.

^This

With the way Roc and Barber were running, I don't believe for a second one of them couldn't gain one yard. Try again.

Too bad it's not about what YOU believe. So you think Gus believed we could get 7 but he would rather take the 3?

I think Gus believed we could get 7, but was afraid we would fail. It's way to conservative of an approach considering how our defense was playing.

For the record I thought we could have made it also which is why I would have went for it. Point is it doesn't matter what any of us think. Gus made the decision to kick it so it seems pretty obvious he didn't think they could do it. Seems pretty straighforward. If you think you can punch it in you go for it, if not you kick it. The proof is in the pudding what Gus though about it.

I can't believe I have to explain this at all, much less again, but here goes. I'm not an idiot; I'm well aware that my opinion changes nothing. It's also clear that Gus wasn't confident that we could make it; otherwise he'd go for it. That's common sense.

My Point Is two-fold:

Why he wasn't confident we'd make it with Roc and Peyton in the backfield is baffling to me. Those guys were killing it, and now he's not sure one of them can run three feet and get the first down? Secondly, THERE IS LITERALY NO DOWNSIDE TO GOING FOR IT (save a possible fumble). If we don't make it, they have to go the length of the field to score. If we do make it, we would probably have scored another touchdown. Scientist gets it. It's not that hard to grasp. After having said all that, you admit you agree with me, so not sure why you bothered. Does that make sense?

Dude, you just agreed with my OP yet your first reply was "try again"?

I saw a lot of good things from offense. First time all year that we've score 35. They looked really good. However, I'm hoping like crazy coach Muschamp can get his defense back on track during our bye week this week. We've got a bunch tough games ahead of us.

He didn't go for it because he didn't think we could make it. If he did he would have. Seems pretty straightforward.

^This

With the way Roc and Barber were running, I don't believe for a second one of them couldn't gain one yard. Try again.

Too bad it's not about what YOU believe. So you think Gus believed we could get 7 but he would rather take the 3?

I think Gus believed we could get 7, but was afraid we would fail. It's way to conservative of an approach considering how our defense was playing.

For the record I thought we could have made it also which is why I would have went for it. Point is it doesn't matter what any of us think. Gus made the decision to kick it so it seems pretty obvious he didn't think they could do it. Seems pretty straighforward. If you think you can punch it in you go for it, if not you kick it. The proof is in the pudding what Gus though about it.

I can't believe I have to explain this at all, much less again, but here goes. I'm not an idiot; I'm well aware that my opinion changes nothing. It's also clear that Gus wasn't confident that we could make it; otherwise he'd go for it. That's common sense.

My Point Is two-fold:

Why he wasn't confident we'd make it with Roc and Peyton in the backfield is baffling to me. Those guys were killing it, and now he's not sure one of them can run three feet and get the first down? Secondly, THERE IS LITERALY NO DOWNSIDE TO GOING FOR IT (save a possible fumble). If we don't make it, they have to go the length of the field to score. If we do make it, we would probably have scored another touchdown. Scientist gets it. It's not that hard to grasp. After having said all that, you admit you agree with me, so not sure why you bothered. Does that make sense?

What? ........no. It's alright though. I can't explain it better than that and it's hardly a big deal. WDE

^This

My Point Is two-fold:

What? ........no. It's alright though. I can't explain it better than that and it's hardly a big deal. WDE

I think you initially thought agreed with his decision. I didn't. Therefore I think we were agreeing with each other but just didn't know it. WDE

I watched the game for the first time this morning. Just a few thoughts:

1) Offensive Line: I am well aware PB rushed for just shy of 150 yds and had 5 TD's. However, at one point in the game he had something like 18 carries for 50 or so yds. That's pretty bad and awfully concerning. Especially when Gus states "you take what the defense gives you" and we throw 10 passes.

2) Cass at Buck: He had some pressures, but he was on skates the majority of the game. Offensive Tackles were killing him and driving him all over the field on running plays.

3) Defensive Line: We play more titty ball than anyone int he SEC. Ball snaps, our guys stand up and catch the OL. Watch the turds DL's. They play with their hands. Football is a game of leverage. It isn't rocket science. Hell, Dexter Manley couldn't even read and he figured this out.

4) WR's: If the ball isn't coming their way they loaf.

5) Coaching: The play calling is poor. It is predictable. I saw reference to it on the board, but SJSU didn't even adjust when the back was out of the backfield. They knew he was coming back to get the ball.

6) QB: I like SW, but I believe Gus's offense needs a guy who can really run and stress the defense. I think SW would be a perfect fit for a pro style offense. I imagine he would do great at UGA, UF, turds etc... However, I honestly think we need a kid with wheels. I hope he proves me wrong.

7) LB's: Lost. All freaking game. Just lost. They don't fill holes. They don't play ball. They play almost like they expect the opposing team to run the plays just like they saw the scout team run in practice. When that doesn't happen they seem really surprised. I am unsure what reads KF sees during games....

8) Special Teams: return game was solid. FG unit was truly special.

9) #7 for SJSU was probably the best player on the field. I'd place PB at #2. They both play hard every snap. If we could find 70 more players who play with that type of effort, we could be pretty good.

-Sorry for the long post. Look forward to hearing from you all.

I watched the game for the first time this morning. Just a few thoughts:

1) Offensive Line: I am well aware PB rushed for just shy of 150 yds and had 5 TD's. However, at one point in the game he had something like 18 carries for 50 or so yds. That's pretty bad and awfully concerning. Especially when Gus states "you take what the defense gives you" and we throw 10 passes.

2) Cass at Buck: He had some pressures, but he was on skates the majority of the game. Offensive Tackles were killing him and driving him all over the field on running plays.

3) Defensive Line: We play more titty ball than anyone int he SEC. Ball snaps, our guys stand up and catch the OL. Watch the turds DL's. They play with their hands. Football is a game of leverage. It isn't rocket science. Hell, Dexter Manley couldn't even read and he figured this out.

4) WR's: If the ball isn't coming their way they loaf.

5) Coaching: The play calling is poor. It is predictable. I saw reference to it on the board, but SJSU didn't even adjust when the back was out of the backfield. They knew he was coming back to get the ball.

6) QB: I like SW, but I believe Gus's offense needs a guy who can really run and stress the defense. I think SW would be a perfect fit for a pro style offense. I imagine he would do great at UGA, UF, turds etc... However, I honestly think we need a kid with wheels. I hope he proves me wrong.

7) LB's: Lost. All freaking game. Just lost. They don't fill holes. They don't play ball. They play almost like they expect the opposing team to run the plays just like they saw the scout team run in practice. When that doesn't happen they seem really surprised. I am unsure what reads KF sees during games....

8) Special Teams: return game was solid. FG unit was truly special.

9) #7 for SJSU was probably the best player on the field. I'd place PB at #2. They both play hard every snap. If we could find 70 more players who play with that type of effort, we could be pretty good.

-Sorry for the long post. Look forward to hearing from you all.

i don't really disagree with anything but number 5 is 100% correct. Not sure why you start barber or cox out wide if you never use them there.

I know we all have various theories as to why we are struggling the way we are. I guess I am one of the few that actually felt half way decent about the game last night. I think the win was enough to give our players a bit of a confidence boost. These young men actually listen and read what we post on sites like this one.

I guess I am a bit of a sunshine pumper, and am proud that I am. I hope and pray that the week off will give the team a chance to look deeper into what can be done to make this season a better one than what we have experienced so far. We are 3-2 and with a bit of luck and better playing, could be 4-1. The MSU game was winnable of which many of you will agree with me on. I think we can win the following games: UK, Ark, OM, and Idaho. UGA and bammer could happen as well. I have said all along that OM or UM peaked with the bammer game as they did last year. Most folks thought that UF could not score more than a hand full of points against UF. UF has had some luck and good play to get to where they are. They will likely lose 2-3 games by season's end.

I think bammer as well as UF caught a lot of folks by surprise. Of the 2, UF was the most impressive beating the number 3 team in the land. I think we are not as bad as it would seem to many. I respect most of you who post on this site and know that you want this team to win and win big. I want this as bad as anyone. The team will feed off of negative things being said of them, and will feed off of positive things being said about them.

This young men work their butts of everyday in order to give Auburn a win each week. I think what we have is a very young team that is working hard to get better each and every game. I am sure that the coaches and players know what we know far more than we realize. We did what we had to do to win yesterday's game. Let's see what happens and go from there.

WDC

Jason Smith needs to be starting at QB. All we need him to do is be an average thrower. This offense doesn't work unless the defense respects our QBs running the ball off the zone read. Period.

I don't recall Chris Tods being a runner

He was a respected QB?

He broke passing records in 2009. I haven't seen SW or JJ challenge any records.

Chris Todd wasn't limited to 10 passes either. I mean Chris Todd tied a single game TD record against Ball State..

Playing devil's advocate here, but I would have taken any of our QB's tying a single game TD record against Jax State...

I hate to say it, but I think Texas would beat us!

No. No, they wouldn't. But it's sad (for Auburn football 2015) that you could even entertain the idea.

I'm just amazed at the loser mentality that permeates this board....people who seem eager to be proven right.

I'm just amazed at the loser mentality that permeates this board....people who seem eager to be proven right.

Yep. It's so easy to kick someone when they're down. Not a lot of risk-taking on the boards. TBH, that's one reason I respect cole. At least he says what he thinks and is willing to take a risk. I might disagree with him sometimes, but that's kind of the point.

Hope one of the coaches on this forum can post their record so I can start taking some of you seriously. Until then War Damn Eagle!

Archived