Jovon Robinson

eulessau

What's up with Jovon Robinson? Is he still injured or is he in Gus's doghouse? Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I haven't read this board in a while.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

High ankle sprain against Louisville and aggravated it against LSU. It wouldn't surprise me if you see a lot more of him the next two weeks. High ankle sprains are one of those injuries that linger

What's up with Jovon Robinson? Is he still injured or is he in Gus's doghouse? Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere, but I haven't read this board in a while.

I think it was both. He was in the doghouse plus he was injured. Doesn't really matter to me though. Do you really want to take some of kerryon's limited snaps and give them to Jovon? Nah..

I think it was both. He was in the doghouse plus he was injured. Doesn't really matter to me though. Do you really want to take some of kerryon's limited snaps and give them to Jovon? Nah..

I say let all 4 of our RBs get at least 10 snaps and keep the throws to 10 or less.

Do we really want to toy around more with rotating personnel? Barber for all intensive purposes is the every down back. Thomas has only been effective in the passing game. I think Thomas and Johnson are more suited as change of pace guys. I will say that so far I've been more impressed with Kerryon than I have with Roc.

We need to use as much offensive personnel as possible. I love Peyton, but as competition gets stiffer, teams are going to have to see a different look. Roc needs to be utilized more for outside tosses and throws in the flats, IMO. No reason why Javon shouldn't get any touches. We need to start throwing the kitchen sink at people on the offensive end.

Hard to get touches to a 4th string back when you are 3-2 and avg only 334 yards per game.

Agree, but should he be 4th string when the 2nd string guy (Roc Thomas) is tweeting and instagraming about wanting to leave?

Hard to get touches to a 4th string back when you are 3-2 and avg only 334 yards per game.

Agree, but should he be 4th string when the 2nd string guy (Roc Thomas) is tweeting and instagraming about wanting to leave?

I must've missed this. Somehow.

I'd love to have Jovon playing but RB is the one position on the field where the play seems to have been consistently pretty solid, i.e. not in need of resuscitation

Regardless of Roc's tweets, it doesn't change how and why JR earned his spot on the depth chart.

Regardless of Roc's tweets, it doesn't change how and why JR earned his spot on the depth chart.

Fair point, but based on Roc's tweets, why is he still number 2 on the depth chart?

wde

Link?

Link?

See Stat's response. Someone posted them on the Tigerdroppings AU board.

wde

Link?

wde

Stat never confirmed nor denied that Roc sent out tweets of that nature. There were reports that he was frustrated but I don't think he ever sent out tweets like Cowart.

Link?

wde

Stat never confirmed nor denied that Roc sent out tweets of that nature. There were reports that he was frustrated but I don't think he ever sent out tweets like Cowart.

It was snapchat pictures, I believe. IIRC.

I'd have to see them myself in this world of photo shop. Also seen too many times people on boards post stuff from fake accounts and run with it

Short sentence but a lot said.

My question is the doghouse cleared up now? How is the attitude?

I wouldn't mind seeing a 4 RB WIldcat set just to see how teams react. Even better if one of the RBs has a decent enough arm to hit a WR or other RB out of the backfield.

To be honest roc looks the most impressive at hb to me.

agreed. he's been the guy to make big plays when he touches the ball.

Peyton has been awesome but can't seem to break the big one. The final TD against San Jose St was his biggest run. I think they are a good combo right now.

*edit. That swing catch and run against Jack St to get the first down was just insane and definitely his most impressive, but isn't a threat for home run against a defense so far. That's why I think they are a good combo.

Archived