Jovon Robinson

eulessau

Until I see evidence to the contrary, I'm thinking that Jovon is either injured or simply isn't good enough to take playing time away from the other three. I seriously doubt that some reincarnation of Bo Jackson is sitting on the sidelines ready to go and we're electing to not use him.

C'mon Mikey....we leave our best players on the bench all the time, AU coaches have done that for years.....just ask around, check comment on this board or listen to the talk-shows...it's pretty normal around AU to ignore the more talented players.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

funny stuff. in this offense you need plenty of power in those legs to push the pile when there is basically nothing. Mason was great at this to go along with his other talents. Barber can push the pile, while the others have not shown that yet. As the line improves, maybe the speed people will have the room they need to excell.

Until I see evidence to the contrary, I'm thinking that Jovon is either injured or simply isn't good enough to take playing time away from the other three. I seriously doubt that some reincarnation of Bo Jackson is sitting on the sidelines ready to go and we're electing to not use him.

Nobody has ever suggested that Jovon is a reincarnation of Bo Jackson on the sidelines so you should seriously doubt that.

Nobody has ever suggested that Jovon is a reincarnation of Bo Jackson on the sidelines so you should seriously doubt that.

Cheeze whiz, must we take every statement literally? It's called hyperbole, if you're not familiar with it you should be if you post here.

Cheeze whiz, must we take every statement literally? It's called hyperbole, if you're not familiar with it you should be if you post here.

My name is not cheeze whiz. Ha! And it was a well duh joke. Chillax

Gotcha. But, chillax? Seriously? Is that from nickleodeon. ;)

Gotcha. But, chillax? Seriously? Is that from nickleodeon. ;)/>

Probably so. I remember as a kid, I loved Saturday mornings watching rocketpower, and all the good cartoons!

C'mon Mikey....we leave our best players on the bench all the time, AU coaches have done that for years.....just ask around, check comment on this board or listen to the talk-shows...it's pretty normal around AU to ignore the more talented players.

That you Cubelic #2? I'm personally done listening to anything anyone named Cubelic says after the junk they have said about AU this year.

How can we tell how good or bad Jovon actually is? He can't even get into the game. I'd love to find out.

Kerryon has come along so fast that you might not see him for a while even when he does get healthy.

Exactly.

I sure hope JR can show us real soon that 5* running ability we were expecting. We have three 5* RBs although KJ wasn't consensus (or composite) as they call it. I love Barber but he was a 3* for a reason. He has good size and power but will never be a Fournette, a Chubb, or a Derrick Henry, or even a Boom Williams. Peyton has a big heart and leaves it all on the field but we need JR or RT to come through for us to have a chance against teams like ALabama.

Peyton is a "5*" at carrying a heavy load inside, taking punishment and getting the tough yards. Kerryon and Roc can't do what Peyton does and vice versa. We don't have a RB on the roster at this time that is able to carry a heavy load inside (Barber) and has break away speed in space (Kerryon, Roc). Fournette, Chubb and Henry have the ability to do both.

I sure hope JR can show us real soon that 5* running ability we were expecting. We have three 5* RBs although KJ wasn't consensus (or composite) as they call it. I love Barber but he was a 3* for a reason. He has good size and power but will never be a Fournette, a Chubb, or a Derrick Henry, or even a Boom Williams. Peyton has a big heart and leaves it all on the field but we need JR or RT to come through for us to have a chance against teams like ALabama.

Peyton is a "5*" at carrying a heavy load inside, taking punishment and getting the tough yards. Kerryon and Roc can't do what Peyton does and vice versa. We don't have a RB on the roster at this time that is able to carry a heavy load inside (Barber) and has break away speed in space (Kerryon, Roc). Fournette, Chubb and Henry have the ability to do both.

Peyton does really well at getting those hard yards in the middle but sometimes it appears he is dead set on getting those hard yards before he ever gets tackled. I will tell you what I mean by saying this, during the last drive, it appeared that Peyton received the ball and then ran toward the middle of the pile like he knew he was about to go to war for those four yards. However, it also looked like he completely blew by a hole or two that he could have exploited for a better gain. So, really, it is becoming a point to where we can't complain if Peyton is chewing up the clock but there is still that thought that there are yards that are being left on the field.

How can we tell how good or bad Jovon actually is? He can't even get into the game. I'd love to find out.

The coaches know how good or bad he is or isn't. We won't find out until Jovon beats somebody out, which may be Saturday or may be never.

The coaches know how good or bad he is or isn't. We won't find out until Jovon beats somebody out, which may be Saturday or may be never.

Yep...could be another Brandon Jacobs...wrong place at the wrong time. And for those not familiar with BJ he was a horse, as big or bigger than Henry but he was behind Brown and Williams and only rarely saw action....so he transferred, ripped up the Mid- American Conference (??) and ended up in the NFL. where he had a good career.

Reports when he got in cited a learning curve, work ethic problem, and now it's a nagging injury. Just hasn't been his season. I think he will get his chance. I understand some of the snarky comments here but if you think some players aren't underutilized you're crazy.

How did Uzomah get on an NFL roster but we couldn't throw to him more than 20 times in his career? Tight ends are heavily underused

Peyton does really well at getting those hard yards in the middle but sometimes it appears he is dead set on getting those hard yards before he ever gets tackled. I will tell you what I mean by saying this, during the last drive, it appeared that Peyton received the ball and then ran toward the middle of the pile like he knew he was about to go to war for those four yards. However, it also looked like he completely blew by a hole or two that he could have exploited for a better gain. So, really, it is becoming a point to where we can't complain if Peyton is chewing up the clock but there is still that thought that there are yards that are being left on the field.

I like your eloquence. I was trying to say that without being critical. It's hard to walk that fine line sometimes. Good job.

The problem with "fumble ratio" is that it is dependent on attempts, and since most coaches tend to get spooked and stop giving guys touches if they fumble a few times, you're kind of SOL for improving that statistic as the required touches become sporadic. Roc Thomas has less than 100 career touches; is that really a large enough sample to conclude him as a "1 fumble every 28.6 touches" player? Maybe he is, but its also possible that over the next 100+ touches he doesn't fumble even once.

Its been what; ~3-4 games since his last fumble? I've probably been more critical of him than anyone going back to last season, but he's really been running very well lately.

Some truth to your statement but not a good start for Roc. Now Cameron Artis-Payne was a player many AU fans thought had a fumbling issue, which wasn't the case.

The only critical fumble I've ever seen from CAP shouldn't have even been called a fumble

Dude was very safe with the ball

The problem with "fumble ratio" is that it is dependent on attempts, and since most coaches tend to get spooked and stop giving guys touches if they fumble a few times, you're kind of SOL for improving that statistic as the required touches become sporadic. Roc Thomas has less than 100 career touches; is that really a large enough sample to conclude him as a "1 fumble every 28.6 touches" player? Maybe he is, but its also possible that over the next 100+ touches he doesn't fumble even once.

Its been what; ~3-4 games since his last fumble? I've probably been more critical of him than anyone going back to last season, but he's really been running very well lately.

Some truth to your statement but not a good start for Roc. Now Cameron Artis-Payne was a player many AU fans thought had a fumbling issue, which wasn't the case.

The only critical fumble I've ever seen from CAP shouldn't have even been called a fumble

Agree. I don't see how any AU fan could come to the conclusion that CAP had fumbling issues. Maybe we remember Roc's fumbles b/c the seem to come at the worst moments within the game. Similar to Yeldon...idk. He just makes me very nervous everytime he runs up the middle. It seems like defenders go extra hard punching at the ball trying to strip the ball versus tackling him b/c of his fumble issues. Fannin was by far the worse for me to watch though.

Agree. I don't see how any AU fan could come to the conclusion that CAP had fumbling issues. Maybe we remember Roc's fumbles b/c the seem to come at the worst moments within the game. Similar to Yeldon...idk. He just makes me very nervous everytime he runs up the middle. It seems like defenders go extra hard punching at the ball trying to strip the ball versus tackling him b/c of his fumble issues. Fannin was by far the worse for me to watch though.

Roc just has a very wild backyard style of running. Which he isn't the only guy that's ever had that type of style. Most other guys like him are slightly bigger and juke less so they can sort of control it better. Roc is barely at 200 if that, and while he does have power, he isn't the type that is gonna have more strength than the average linebacker in any single arm

We need a tight end who is about 6-7 around 260 lbs. that can run a 4.75 40 time. A Jimmy Graham clone would be nice!

We need a tight end who is about 6-7 around 260 lbs. that can run a 4.75 40 time. A Jimmy Graham clone would be nice!

I'd prefer one that is 6'0" (so the qb can see over him), weighs in a 300 solid muscle, has a 48" vertical and runs a 4.2 with great blocking and catching abilities. Is that too much to ask?

We still wouldn't throw to him except in the redzone and even then he'd probably be lined up at wr

Mario was a straight up runner and had a severe case of fumblitis.

Good runner minus the fumbles. Probably would've got a better shot in the pros.

Archived