11 18 15 Notes - Lashlee Speaks

RunInRed

Rhett Lashlee

Lashlee on responsibility for offensive struggles: "It falls on all of us (as a coaching staff)"

Lashlee on Sean White: "It was obvious after the fact (that he wasn't 100 percent). ... We thought he could go out there and compete."

Lashlee on Jovon: "Peyton is a better pass protector. He's more experienced and has done it more. That's why he was in certain times."

Lashlee says Shon Coleman is questionable for the Idaho game. Has confidence in Robert Leff if needed.

Lashlee on offense this week: Obviously we want to score more points, finish drives, convert and get some tempo going."

Rhett Lashlee was asked if he thinks his starting QB for 2016 is on campus right now: "Could be. I don't want to go there right now."

Gus Malzahn said this morning that Roc is "getting healthier" ... Lashlee says Roc Thomas is good "nothing is wrong with Roc"

Lashlee: "There's not a better kid on our team (than Peyton Barber)." Says Peyton deserves to get to the 1,000-yard mark.

Rhett did say the goal is to win -- and if Peyton gets to that 1,000-yd mark, he likes the team's chances of winning

@AUBlog

Lashlee says he was extremely proud of Devonte Danzey at center "We didn't miss a beat much"

Lashlee "in the third quarter we were awful, pitiful"

Lashlee says Sean White practiced well on Thursday. They thought he could compete and protect himself and do some things

@ITATJason

Auburn's Rhett Lashlee on making a bowl: "It's huge. It's like another spring practice. You want to go out the right way."

"You want them to do well so much," says Auburn's Rhett Lashlee of his players.

Auburn's Rhett Lashlee: "You can't let the losses linger and wear you down. The good thing you have to go on to that next game."

@AUGoldMine

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After 45 years playing and coaching this great game, IMHO, Rhett Lashlee is a poor qb coach and in complete denial of the poor job HE did as OC. He killed two drives in the first half by abandoning the run and foolishly went with the pass as his first option thru most of the second half.This dribble was not even coherent coach speak... he has to go...

Lashlee on Sean White: "It was obvious after the fact (that he wasn't 100 percent). ... We thought he could go out there and compete."

This flies all over me. It was obvious DURING the fact. I could see he was too hobbled to be out on the field within 5 seconds after SW's first snap.

Like a lot of you posted, I have no problem with Gus/Lashlee putting SW in the game. With what the Uga defense was doing, we had to try to get the ball down the field. But calling a roll out for the first play for an injured QB that has been sitting is not a good way to get him warmed up, or get rid of the first play jitters. When he tried to run (roll out) I could tell SW was put in a very dangerous situation as gimpy as he was. He should have been pulled after the first play. Players have died on the football field, and SW was not healthy enough to protect himself. As gimpy as he was, Gus (and AU) are lucky as H*** SW did not have a serious injury/death and open AU up to a lawsuit. I would have been absolutely furious if SW was my Son.

"Lashlee says he was extremely proud of Devonte Danzey at center "We didn't miss a beat much". "

LMAO cause there was no beat to miss. Sorry I couldn't resist saying that. The whole offense looked awful at that point that I forgot about Danzey going in at Center. Hat off to him if he played well at that position.

guy is telling the truth. He couldnt see White was not ready in practice Thursday just like after watching Johnson all summer and fall camp he could not tell he would not get it done either.

In over his head is understatement. After what he did in the game I am more than ready to see this jack rabbit gone.

I do not know why we played a half lame SW in the second half. My bias is that by playing SW they sent a signal that it was the play of JJ that cost them the game and not their poor preparation as a coaching staff.

Same as a BB coach having a meltdown about a close call late in the game, an excuse for losing. I miss the days when the head coach took the blame for poor performance, and went quietly back to work.

My greatest concern is if JJ played for another coaching staff he would be a confident productive QB. I am concerned about how much the staff challenges the team in practice.

If pre bowl game practice is so important for the underclassmen then why did the staff not recognize the issues JJ needed to overcome before they named him the starter in the spring.

Little doc I've suffered though worse than this season

Two takeways from this video.

1) Rhett likes to spread the blame as widely as possible.

2) Rhett is surprised that opposing coaches make defensive adjustments at halftime.

Both of those traits say, "bad coach".

Two takeways from this video.

1) Rhett likes to spread the blame as widely as possible.

2) Rhett is surprised that opposing coaches make defensive adjustments at halftime.

Both of those traits say, "bad coach".

I think we average 20 yds per third quarter this year. I know we've been under 20 yds at least twice. Then, we go into "holy sh## we're gonna lose mode" in the 4th quarter and start throwing some new stuff out there.

"You want them to do well so much," says Auburn's Rhett Lashlee of his players.

Auburn's Rhett Lashlee: "You can't let the losses linger and wear you down. The good thing you have to go on to that next game."

1. You owe the players an apology

2. Then you owe the fans an apology.

Because we are wore down of two years of this crap and those poor guys are just buying into this and not put in the best position to do well. (Catching some balls.making tackles. Throwing it doesn't hurt either)

On to the next game I guess.

I should say next season but it just pisses everyone off

1442283141009.gif

Hahahaha. Definitely saving this one.

When you can't tell

a gimped up quarterback can't run *

then how can you be trusted with anyone's health, safety, or kids.

And when you can't tell

your (fav) quarterback can't play but flag ball **

then your not doing what you should be doing.

And when you can't tell

players become worst after meeting you ***

then you've no business being a coach at all.

* it no longer mattered what the player said, wanted, or claimed - after that first play showed the www he was hurt and an easy target - good thing it was Mark Richt

** being generous - that he can play with the big kids at all - not once they've met him

*** every QB not named Cam - who came in pre-trained, ready made, and able to go wherever he wanted to go - when the coach's plan broke down

How many series did White take at QB before Rhett caught on? WOW!!

Gus was standing right there, did he not catch on either? Gus was at practice on Thursday, and he's been in the locker room at half time all season too. Poor playcalling, roster management, game management, half time adjustments fall on the head man in charge.

I sure hope Gus is learning valuable lessons from his mistakes the last two years.

Sounds like they are hell bent on getting Barber a 1000 yards win or lose.

Come hell or high water, they are determined to get Barber his yrs because "he deserves it."

Last time I checked, we were 5-5, not 2-8. Also a quick note on Idao, they AVERAGE giving up 270 yds rushing a game. I don't think Barber or Javon will have any issues both getting to 100yds. People really need to calm down. We've been competitive in our losses and there have been signs of improvement. Some injuries have set us back and the lack of development didn't help either. I'm not really sure how there can be constant meltdown here every week.

I think the thread's title should be changed to "Bash the Lash"!

No kidding.

Lashlee almost certainly could be doing a better job, but the way folks trip all over themselves to see who can most severely overreact and display the most keyboard bravery... It's predictable, but still a little soul-sucking to behold.

Last time I checked, we were 5-5, not 2-8. Also a quick note on Idao, they AVERAGE giving up 270 yds rushing a game. I don't think Barber or Javon will have any issues both getting to 100yds. People really need to calm down. We've been competitive in our losses and there have been signs of improvement. Some injuries have set us back and the lack of development didn't help either. I'm not really sure how there can be constant meltdown here every week.

I agree. I used to love spending time on the forum. I've learned a lot about the game of football and the breakdown of plays and assignments. Plus I've enjoyed the company of fellow Auburn men and women. But lately, I've grown tired of the constant negativity. I know the season has not panned out the way we thought at the beginning of the season but with the exception of one game, our losses have been by one score. Is it frustrating? Absolutely. But I'm choosing to continue to be positive and encourage these young men and coaches until there is nothing left that is encouraging (2012 for example). I'm not telling people what they can and cannot post. I'm just expressing myself like others who choose to be negative or not.

Now with that said, how likely is it that Gus would fire Rhett? I'm not necessarily calling for Rhett's head, I'm asking if Gus would have the guts to do it considering their friendship? Or is he going to ride or die with him?

I think the thread's title should be changed to "Bash the Lash"!

No kidding.

Lashlee almost certainly could be doing a better job, but the way folks trip all over themselves to see who can most severely overreact and display the most keyboard bravery... It's predictable, but still a little soul-sucking to behold.

Whats worse is how much of the doom and gloom is coming from people who haven't been posting, in general, but crawl out of the woodwork to pile on every time we lose.

The sadest part is, there are reasons for everything that happened this year, but the witch hunt has begun and no amount of logic or reason will stop it.

Sounds like they are hell bent on getting Barber a 1000 yards win or lose.

Come hell or high water, they are determined to get Barber his yrs because "he deserves it."

Never said he doesn't deserve to get it,but JR does seem to be making the bigger plays.And the focus needs to be on winning games and not get a certain player a certain amount of yards.

Archived