11 18 15 Notes - Lashlee Speaks

RunInRed

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And what's the point in bashing RL?

Gus has taken the blame for the O not performing, as he should.

Its his offense.

We all know what RL is and he'll be here until he's hired away.

Matter of fact, if Gus' were to fire RL hoping to make him the scapegoat...I'd lose faith in Gus' altogether.

I'm a hold on the coaching staff.

Bless their hearts, its our quarterbacks that are broken, that's all.

Last time I checked, we were 5-5, not 2-8. Also a quick note on Idao, they AVERAGE giving up 270 yds rushing a game. I don't think Barber or Javon will have any issues both getting to 100yds. People really need to calm down. We've been competitive in our losses and there have been signs of improvement. Some injuries have set us back and the lack of development didn't help either. I'm not really sure how there can be constant meltdown here every week.

I agree. I used to love spending time on the forum. I've learned a lot about the game of football and the breakdown of plays and assignments. Plus I've enjoyed the company of fellow Auburn men and women. But lately, I've grown tired of the constant negativity. I know the season has not panned out the way we thought at the beginning of the season but with the exception of one game, our losses have been by one score. Is it frustrating? Absolutely. But I'm choosing to continue to be positive and encourage these young men and coaches until there is nothing left that is encouraging (2012 for example). I'm not telling people what they can and cannot post. I'm just expressing myself like others who choose to be negative or not.

Now with that said, how likely is it that Gus would fire Rhett? I'm not necessarily calling for Rhett's head, I'm asking if Gus would have the guts to do it considering their friendship? Or is he going to ride or die with him?

no idea about Gus making a change with offense concerning Rhett. But to your first point i agree. As fans we want to win. Some are just not psychologically able to handle losses. I see complaints about Gus' offense and have some minor levels of concern. What is troubling is how they whiners act as if Gus has no idea what he is doing and create ways to discredit his success. I am riding with Gus. When this gets turned around and back to championship form do they plan on enjoying it? Can you really pull for a coach you blast so much?

Doesn't seem that long ago that people were worried that a school was going to lure CRL away as a head coach....I remember the hand-wringing about "it's too soon"...."he needs a few more years under Gus"...."we don't need to lose him"....etc etc etc ad nauseum....

Now he's stupid and trying to get SW injuried, maimed and even killed!!!!

I can't imagine how the players are able to go from week to week. We, a fans, dwell on losses and turn on each other and the team like a pack of wolves. Players have to put it aside and move on. I've heard Stan and Rod say that a good DB or QB has to have a very short memory to forget the mistakes and move on to the next play. Doesn't sound like we have many on this forum that would make a good DB or QB!

I think the thread's title should be changed to "Bash the Lash"!

No kidding.

Lashlee almost certainly could be doing a better job, but the way folks trip all over themselves to see who can most severely overreact and display the most keyboard bravery... It's predictable, but still a little soul-sucking to behold.

Whats worse is how much of the doom and gloom is coming from people who haven't been posting, in general, but crawl out of the woodwork to pile on every time we lose.

The sadest part is, there are reasons for everything that happened this year, but the witch hunt has begun and no amount of logic or reason will stop it.

In my experience, people are the worst.

Right?! Some people think this is the first time a quarterback hasn't panned out. These same people would be demanding Les Miles' head if they were LSU fans.

I think the thread's title should be changed to "Bash the Lash"!

No kidding.

Lashlee almost certainly could be doing a better job, but the way folks trip all over themselves to see who can most severely overreact and display the most keyboard bravery... It's predictable, but still a little soul-sucking to behold.

Whats worse is how much of the doom and gloom is coming from people who haven't been posting, in general, but crawl out of the woodwork to pile on every time we lose.

The sadest part is, there are reasons for everything that happened this year, but the witch hunt has begun and no amount of logic or reason will stop it.

In my experience, people are the worst.

Auburn fans named among classiest in college football

“Auburn made the list thanks to its supporters and their goodwill towards other fan bases, according to the article. In addition, Tigers fans are credited with being intensely loyal and willing to laugh at themselves.”

http://www.al.com/living/index.ssf/2015/11/auburn_fans_named_among_classi.html#incart_river_index

Ha Ha?

I still don't understand how some on here are coming to the defense of Lashlee...?

Somebody tell me what he's done to not deserve criticism?

Somebody tell me what his role is on this staff?

Game prep? nope

Play calling? nope

QB development? nope

Recruiting? nope

In game adjustments? nope

Malzahn's yes man? yep

Excuse maker? yep

Hell of a coordinator we have here?!?!?

Nobody here thinks we can do better?

It's either one extreme or another in here, jeez. Some points are worth being discussed, but the outright negative people are just as annoying has the preachy, AU man crew. Constructive criticism is okay. Response to the constructive criticism is also okay as long as it is directed towards football.

Right?! Some people think this is the first time a quarterback hasn't panned out. These same people would be demanding Les Miles' head if they were LSU fans.

Umm an overwhelming consensus of LSU fans are demanding Les Miles head. In fact, there are reports saying that he is coaching for his job. How true is that? No one knows, but usually when your employer pays you an exuberant amount of money, they expect certain types of results. Unbelievable right?

I know barber was great for the team but to hold JR out just because you've been trying to get barber 1,000 is ridiculous.

I don't mind barber, he's great at times, but Jovon has proven (on the field against Sec teams) that he should be our feature back

I had a problem with play calling in the second half. I think we gave up on the run to soon. I realize they saw the other team put more people in the box to stop our run and thought they could exploit it. I am old school and if something is working go to it over and over again until they stop it. First series with White first down we do Wildcat with KJ and pick up 4 or 5 yards. That is a decent first down for a running team. We put White in and instead of giving ball to JR where we probably have a 3rd and short or a first down we try a pass and now we have to pass on 3rd down in an obvious passing situation. They didn't even let SW get accustomed to being on the field.

That said a lot of the bad play calling this year was really poor execution combined with less then stellar QB play. PB came through for us early in the year but often times despite the run blocking. It was him getting 2 to 3 yards from the blocking then powering for 2-3 more yards as opposed to popping through a hole getting 4-5 yards then powering for a couple more. As the year has progressed there have been more holes to pop through. Since JR has been running I have also seen one big difference between him and PB and that is vision JR adjusts his run to the blocking better then PB. I have seen PB miss holes because they were not at the exact spot they were supposed to be. I am not knocking PB as he has done a great job for us and we would be a whole lot worse off this year if he had not been here. Who would have thought that a Freshmen QB needing shoulder surgery before the season would have put us into this situation. With JJ meltdown and then SW getting hurt we didn't have the third option and using up the redshirt and playing Queen. Would Queen have ben any better than JJ nobody knows but his being out didn't leave coaching staff a lot of options.

Some of the issues I blame on the coaches they are responsible to be sure players can execute at high level but with number of changes on O-Line from last year we should have known that there would be some issues initially. The thought was having JJ was going to allow us to hide some of those issues until O-Line could catch up. When JJ didn't produce that made the O-Line gelling process a little more obvious but give the coaches some credit the O-Line has improved.

I know barber was great for the team but to hold JR out just because you've been trying to get barber 1,000 is ridiculous.

I don't mind barber, he's great at times, but Jovon has proven (on the field against Sec teams) that he should be our feature back

Where has anyone said they were going to hold out Jovon to get Peyton 1000 yards? They should both be able to get 100+ this weekend. Yes, Jovon is the better overall back, but we learned from the press conferences this week that Peyton is the better blocker. That means 2 things. 1 ) if we need to utilize the pass, Peyton will be in and 2 ) he's going to be in on a lot of other plays, otherwise putting him in would instantly tip off the D that we're passing.

I had a problem with play calling in the second half. I think we gave up on the run to soon. I realize they saw the other team put more people in the box to stop our run and thought they could exploit it. I am old school and if something is working go to it over and over again until they stop it. First series with White first down we do Wildcat with KJ and pick up 4 or 5 yards. That is a decent first down for a running team. We put White in and instead of giving ball to JR where we probably have a 3rd and short or a first down we try a pass and now we have to pass on 3rd down in an obvious passing situation. They didn't even let SW get accustomed to being on the field.

That said a lot of the bad play calling this year was really poor execution combined with less then stellar QB play. PB came through for us early in the year but often times despite the run blocking. It was him getting 2 to 3 yards from the blocking then powering for 2-3 more yards as opposed to popping through a hole getting 4-5 yards then powering for a couple more. As the year has progressed there have been more holes to pop through. Since JR has been running I have also seen one big difference between him and PB and that is vision JR adjusts his run to the blocking better then PB. I have seen PB miss holes because they were not at the exact spot they were supposed to be. I am not knocking PB as he has done a great job for us and we would be a whole lot worse off this year if he had not been here. Who would have thought that a Freshmen QB needing shoulder surgery before the season would have put us into this situation. With JJ meltdown and then SW getting hurt we didn't have the third option and using up the redshirt and playing Queen. Would Queen have ben any better than JJ nobody knows but his being out didn't leave coaching staff a lot of options.

Some of the issues I blame on the coaches they are responsible to be sure players can execute at high level but with number of changes on O-Line from last year we should have known that there would be some issues initially. The thought was having JJ was going to allow us to hide some of those issues until O-Line could catch up. When JJ didn't produce that made the O-Line gelling process a little more obvious but give the coaches some credit the O-Line has improved.

JB grimes is a good coach. No one should doubt it.

ruffled some feathers?

The man's job is to coach QB's. The OC title doesn't mean he get's to call plays in a vacuum for he's part of a git 'it done by committee of two. Which mean's he's in the way of going fast, which is the meat and potatoes of Gus's system (although I've never read the book). So (2me@least) he's become more of a impediment than implementer to getting more plays done in less time. Which leads me to believe he's failed at making things go fast and well as failed to develop quality QB's. If I'm wrong name the truly successful QB who wasn't initially trained by someone else. So how's he doing in his two primary assignments, which are rubber stamping Gus's playbook and having groomed QB's groomed and ready to go?

On the first one he's more like an extra cog fouling up the gears and grinding forward progress to a near crawl. As opposed to being a true play calling, second half adjusting, talent aware offensive coordinator.

And on the second (as a GA and OC) I see a 'Parade All American' and a former dual sport Mr Football Alabama who's careers were both potentially wasted (so far and counting) Then we have the ever popular Chris Todd, Cam Newton, and Nick Marshall who all initially received their college (basic) training by someone else before getting here (and doing real good).. And there's Barrett Trotter and Jonathan Wallace who've both been great at times, but just never seemed to be coached up to their full potentials as QB's. I believe this only leaves Clint Moseley who ultimately decided to forgo playing football his last year, even though despite showing flashes of potentially being pretty good.

So sorry, but I just don't see how people can claim the man is doing or performing the work of a major (Div1) offensive coordinator at a satisfactory level. To me at best he's a glorified (and therefore overpaid) graduate assistant and taking up a valuable slot (by NCAA rule) that could be (way) better utilized for the good of Auburn, and who is not very effective at developing/teaching QB's who need educating (which I believe is his real job despite what-ever the title). It might sting some, but it's the nature of his chosen profession for it's a win or lose proposition in this profession. So at what point does protecting the favored pupil become too large a liability to the others who are counting on you? Because he's twisting the term offensive-coordinator to true oxymoron.

*deleted and re-posted - after rereading the 3am one.

I swear, we need to hire these junior college coaches that developed Cam and Nick. I mean the AU staff didn't do it, so the jc coaches had to be the ones that did it. Let's get them in here and everything is solved.

I swear, we need to hire these junior college coaches that developed Cam and Nick. I mean the AU staff didn't do it, so the jc coaches had to be the ones that did it. Let's get them in here and everything is solved.

Lol. Some truth there.

Also some truth in there isn't much to develop there. How to run the zone read and throw to open receivers when the defense fears a stud qb. They have thrived when the playcalling is simple and they have a qb no one can tackle.

I think I understand now. The coaches that called the plays that let us come from 24 behind to beat bammer in Tuskaloser are really a bunch of dummies that don't now and never did understand the game of football. Got it! :thumbsdown:

I think I understand now. The coaches that called the plays that let us come from 24 behind to beat bammer in Tuskaloser are really a bunch of dummies that don't now and never did understand the game of football. Got it! :thumbsdown:/>

I don't think anybody has called them dummies... but, are you ok with Gus/Rhett's coaching performance this season? Has it been up to your standards.

Gus makes over 2mil a year... and Rhett makes over 500k. Do you think they've earned their pay checks this season?

I've got an idea..........Let's just leave EVERYTHING just like it is ~ make no changes to the staff/talent evaluators/position coaches/recruiters, etc.

Then we can all hope and pray through the entire offseason that #1 Saban retires, #2 Miles gets fired, #3 Richt gets fired, #4 somehow the freaking Mississippi teams hit the skids, #5 Bert Beulimia goes back to Wisconsin.

Leave everything status quo on the Plains and pray that our SEC foe have a monumental collapse and we can steal their recruits. We will be King of the Conference if everybody else will agree to fold up and quit!

:drippingsarcasm7pa:

I think I understand now. The coaches that called the plays that let us come from 24 behind to beat bammer in Tuskaloser are really a bunch of dummies that don't now and never did understand the game of football. Got it! :thumbsdown:/>

What was rhett, a ga on that team? Gus did better when just focused on the O and having Cam helped a tiny bit. Third and 3? No problem. Zone read, cam keeps, first down.

I've got an idea..........Let's just leave EVERYTHING just like it is ~ make no changes to the staff/talent evaluators/position coaches/recruiters, etc.

Then we can all hope and pray through the entire offseason that #1 Saban retires, #2 Miles gets fired, #3 Richt gets fired, #4 somehow the freaking Mississippi teams hit the skids, #5 Bert Beulimia goes back to Wisconsin.

Leave everything status quo on the Plains and pray that our SEC foe have a monumental collapse and we can steal their recruits. We will be King of the Conference if everybody else will agree to fold up and quit!

:drippingsarcasm7pa:/>

Exactly. Let's just wait and be happy for the occasional hero qb and good year. Oh, and we'll pray that qb doesn't get injured.

I don't think anybody has called them dummies... but, are you ok with Gus/Rhett's coaching performance this season? Has it been up to your standards.

Gus makes over 2 mil a year... and Rhett makes over 500k. Do you think they've earned their pay checks this season?

I agree with Mikey, Are we grading the coaches on how much they make versus W-L record on a weekly basis? We are becoming a knee jerk fan base that is ready to fire X coach when we don't see immediate results.

Archived