11 18 15 Notes - Lashlee Speaks

RunInRed

I think I understand now. The coaches that called the plays that let us come from 24 behind to beat bammer in Tuskaloser are really a bunch of dummies that don't now and never did understand the game of football. Got it! :thumbsdown:/>

I don't think anybody has called them dummies... but, are you ok with Gus/Rhett's coaching performance this season? Has it been up to your standards.

Gus makes over 2 mil a year... and Rhett makes over 500k. Do you think they've earned their pay checks this season?

I agree with Mikey, Are we grading the coaches on how much they make versus W-L record on a weekly basis? We are becoming a knee jerk fan base that is ready to fire X coach when we don't see immediate results.

Not sure I've even considered or thought and definitely never proclaimed Gus should go... my take and why it's even put in this thread was because it's all about RL. I'm sure a lot of people are considerably more frustrated with the OC than the HC. There are a lot of things that need be corrected. I'm just of the belief the major flaw this year has been at QB and their development over the last few years is suspect. That's an OC not HC issue, except if it's allowed to become chronic.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I understand now. The coaches that called the plays that let us come from 24 behind to beat bammer in Tuskaloser are really a bunch of dummies that don't now and never did understand the game of football. Got it! :thumbsdown:

Exaggeration much? And I am sure we are grateful for that. Hugh freeze has beaten Nick Saban a couple of times too, but surely you are smart enough to understand that beating Nick Saban is just a piece of the pie and not the whole thing. You can also credit the defense just as much for that victory. Gene Chizik's defense. They played an incredible half to allow us the opportunity to even come back from 24. Where are those coaches at? It is about consistency. BTW, not many has called for Gus's head. However, AU is something like 2-8 in their last SEC conference games and we haven't won a single home conference game this year. That isn't acceptable by anybody's standard.

Let me take a turn speaking for Mikey.

"I think I understand now. The coaches that called the plays that hung 44 points and 630 yards of offense on bammer in Tuskaloser LAST SEASON are really a bunch of dummies that don't now and never did understand the game of football. Got it!"

Also, what happened in Auburn in 2003 (with one of the most talented teams in school history) wasn't acceptable by anyone's standards, but it also wasn't a reason to fire anyone. Firing good coaches for a single bad season is often a horrible idea. It's entirely reactionary, and it sends a terrible message to potential coaches and/or players about a lack of loyalty. But yeah, the offense has been below standards this year so #firerhettlashlee and #firejbgrimes. Why not?

I know barber was great for the team but to hold JR out just because you've been trying to get barber 1,000 is ridiculous.

I don't mind barber, he's great at times, but Jovon has proven (on the field against Sec teams) that he should be our feature back

There is NO way, Barber was brought in to get his 1,000 yards. If you listened objectively, Barber was brought in AFTER we got behind so quicky. Lashlee pointed out that Barber is the better blocker and picks up blitzes better, since they had to pass more after they got behind in the 4th.

Some people here will use anything to support their criticism..

And i agree bringing in White, still somewhat injured so late in the game (mid 3rd qtr), was not a good plan. If you wanted to see if he could perform, bring him in sometime in the second qtr.

"I think I understand now. The coaches that called the plays that hung 44 points and 630 yards of offense on bammer in Tuskaloser LAST SEASON are really a bunch of dummies that don't now and never did understand the game of football. Got it!"

Also, what happened in Auburn in 2003 (with one of the most talented teams in school history) wasn't acceptable by anyone's standards, but it also wasn't a reason to fire anyone. Firing good coaches for a single bad season is often a horrible idea. It's entirely reactionary, and it sends a terrible message to potential coaches and/or players about a lack of loyalty. But yeah, the offense has been below standards this year so #firerhettlashlee and #firejbgrimes. Why not?

HUH?! The 2003 AU team was an 8-5 team. Did they hit NC expectations? No! They lost some games they shouldn't have lost but they also did beat some quality teams. They never struggled with teams like JSU either. Crap, they put 70 up on ULM. Do you not see how that is an apples and oranges comparison?!

Add to the previous year, they were 9-4. They didn't drastically drop off. Expectations were sure enough high and that very next year, they met those expectations. Oh and btw: The years that you guys keep wanting to cite had one similar correlation on the offensive end. I will let you guys decide what it is.

in 2013 the offense did what they had to do, but when the defense went abysmal (which was towards the second half of the season), guess what happened? A whole slew of defensive coaches got fired. And there was a lot of turbulence to deal with on that side of the ball. CL got hurt, injuries across the D-Line, Injuries in the secondary, one of our older safeties had in-house issues & the secondary was basically playing musical chairs to the point that we moved reed to corner, so please save the adversity talk from the offensive end this year.

HUH?! The 2003 AU team was an 8-5 team. Did they hit NC expectations? No! They lost some games they shouldn't have lost but they also did beat some quality teams. They never struggled with teams like JSU either. Crap, they put 70 up on ULM. Do you not see how that is an apples and oranges comparison?!

Add to the previous year, they were 9-4. They didn't drastically drop off. Expectations were sure enough high and that very next year, they met those expectations. Oh and btw: The years that you guys keep quoting, where we were competitive against Bama had a DT qb at the helm. Usually, when we are at our best.

in 2013 the offense did what they had to do, but when the defense went abysmal (which was towards the second half of the season), guess what happened? A whole slew of defensive coaches got fired. And there was a lot of turbulence to deal with on that side of the ball. CL got hurt, justin garret injured, one of our older safeties had in-house issues & the secondary was basically playing musical chairs to the point that we moved reed to corner, so please save the adversity talk from the offensive end this year.

AND, we had just lost Petrino as our OC, and guess who our new OC was in 2003...Hugh Nall. Now you know why we were inconsistent. I think losing a very good OC as in Petrino, definitely hurt our consistency.

Add to the previous year, they were 9-4. They didn't drastically drop off. Expectations were sure enough high and that very next year, they met those expectations. Oh and btw: The years that you guys keep quoting, where we were competitive against Bama had a DT qb at the helm. Usually, when we are at our best.

in 2013 the offense did what they had to do, but when the defense went abysmal (which was towards the second half of the season), guess what happened? A whole slew of defensive coaches got fired. And there was a lot of turbulence to deal with on that side of the ball. CL got hurt, justin garret injured, one of our older safeties had in-house issues & the secondary was basically playing musical chairs to the point that we moved reed to corner, so please save the adversity talk from the offensive end this year.

AND, we had just lost Petrino as our OC, and guess who our new OC was in 2003...Hugh Nall. Now you know why we were inconsistent. I think losing a very good OC as in Petrino, definitely hurt our consistency.

I am sure that did hurt us, but we didn't drop off drastically. If you look at the offensive numbers from 2002 to 2003 with a new OC, the numbers are not far off at all. Can you not see that this was a drastic change this season? Going back to last year, the defense was serviceable the first six games and then they drastically got worst. In a situation like that, a few people got fired. Last year, for the most part, the offense was clicking. This year, it was drastically bad. Now I am not saying Gus should get fired at all. You can look at any of my posts and you will never find it, but to not acknowledge that this is a concerning issue as a fan is unfathomable IMO.

making nall run petrinos system was what screwed it.

You don't think pretending Nall was remotely qualified to be an OC was a big enough mistake on it's own? I mean, if you think about it, Nall had to run someone's system, because he didn't have his own...

You don't think pretending Nall was remotely qualified to be an OC was a big enough mistake on it's own? I mean, if you think about it, Nall had to run someone's system, because he didn't have his own...

Bingo.

And Nall and Ensminger were co-OCs, and neither were qualified. But it's tough to make a good hire when a snake like Petrino leaves you high and dry. (Actually, I don't know how he handled that, but I'm assuming it wasn't with class.)

Bingo.

And Nall and Ensminger were co-OCs, and neither were qualified. But it's tough to make a good hire when a snake like Petrino leaves you high and dry. (Actually, I don't know how he handled that, but I'm assuming it wasn't with class.)

How was it hard to make a good OC hire? Or, was it hard to make a hire that would let CTT keep his bestus buddies around? I remember some good names being tossed around. We ended up with nallsminger and a trainwreck on offense with an O full of talent headed for the nfl the next year.

Back to the present instead of 12 years ago. IF Lashlee is truly the OC calling plays then he is every bit as bad as Nallsminger and Loeffler.

wde

Bingo.

petrino left to a HC position. nothing snaky about it. Tubs made him keep the same system because he didn't want campbell to have to learn a new one. nall never go a chance to implement his own system, nobody has a system until they get a OC job anyway.

"You want them to do well so much," says Auburn's Rhett Lashlee of his players.

Auburn's Rhett Lashlee: "You can't let the losses linger and wear you down. The good thing you have to go on to that next game."

1. You owe the players an apology

2. Then you owe the fans an apology.

Because we are wore down of two years of this crap and those poor guys are just buying into this and not put in the best position to do well. (Catching some balls.making tackles. Throwing it doesn't hurt either)

On to the next game I guess.

I should say next season but it just pisses everyone off

I second that.

Some valid points. But may I ask what about UGA last year. What about Wisconsin last year.

Are we going forward or backwards.

Some valid points. But may I ask what about UGA last year. What about Wisconsin last year.

Are we going forward or backwards.

Yes. Bama has seemed to struggle with us but when we began to struggle last year some teams began to shut us down even with our ace qb. Not a good sign for the future of the zone read unless we develop a more effective passing game with it. It's not like wisconsin is the cream of the crop either. Of course mikey and mcguf will come in and say, 'that's not Gus' fault, duke got in a fight and suspended and it ruined everything in the bowl game. No way to overcome that.'

I think I understand now. The coaches that called the plays that let us come from 24 behind to beat bammer in Tuskaloser are really a bunch of dummies that don't now and never did understand the game of football. Got it! :thumbsdown:/>

I don't think anybody has called them dummies... but, are you ok with Gus/Rhett's coaching performance this season? Has it been up to your standards.

Gus makes over 2 mil a year... and Rhett makes over 500k. Do you think they've earned their pay checks this season?

I agree with Mikey, Are we grading the coaches on how much they make versus W-L record on a weekly basis? We are becoming a knee jerk fan base that is ready to fire X coach when we don't see immediate results.

I think it's the third year results that are getting a few frustrated. When do you feel we will be out of the "immediate" phase of Gus' tenure?

I think it's the third year results that are getting a few frustrated. When do you feel we will be out of the "immediate" phase of Gus' tenure?

Sad thing is, it is just not about W-Ls. It goes into much more detail than that. In game coaching decisions has been questionable at best. From what I hear, SW was wearing a boot today. How possibly they thought he could last weekend is baffling and honestly quite dangerous.

Some of the best doctors in sports gave the OK for Sean White to play. We needed something, anything, to happen in the passing game and White was our only chance to accomplish that. What would you complainers have done?

Some of the best doctors in sports gave the OK for Sean White to play. We needed something, anything, to happen in the passing game and White was our only chance to accomplish that. What would you complainers have done?

Pulled him after the first series when it was obvious he could barely run. I wouldn't have left him in for 5 (or however many it was) completely fruitless series where it was obvious he was pretty lame and unable to plant on his front foot.

I'm sure the doctor's told him he could play, Gus decided he would. Not gonna fault him too badly for inserting him, although after the way he looked in the first series you have to wonder what he saw in practice that made him think he was ready to go.

Mikey, did SW look healthy enough to play as long as he did to you? Please answer with a simple yes or no.

Idiocy??

In 5 days Nick Saban is going to do focused on us and focused on our first drive which we rehearse not practice all week. His plan is to shut that drive down and give up ZERO POINTS to his rival. Mark my words. I for one am not good with not just losing to UGA bama and LSU but routinely getting our butt kicked and we can't even get coached up the next year to come out and beat a beatable team. Head coach is in over his head. Show me idiocy sir.

Just because the doctor says he is probable to play doesn't mean he should play! Clearly, the kid can stand on his own feet, but that is not enough in the game of football. He was limping out there, he had no lateral movement, he could not accelerate. How hard is it to see that? You don't get your players killed. Oh and you know what I would've done. I would've inserted JW or kept JJ in and kept running the ball. There was no way SW was going to help us in that scenario. Shoot if we are that desperate, I would've utilized the wildcat a bunch.

I mean crap look at the first game of the season against Louisville. Petrino realized his first two qbs was not getting it done and he was in desperation mode. You know what he did? He threw away his game plan and said young freshman who is fast, take over. That wasn't a Petrino offense, but he did what he had to do at that time to hopefully spark something and win the game, then answer questions later.

What you don't do is get your future hurt. For all we know, he could've reaggravated that injury. It seems based on observations that the kid is out for the year now. That is just not smart. You lean on your coaching ability and upperclassmen and tell them to pull up their pants and get it done. If we were relying on a gimpy SW to save you in that position, then we have some serious issues.

Petrino? He was preseason top 25 yet is 6-4 with a much much easier schedule. You don't give up on 2 qbs in the first game of the year and answer questions later. That is reminiscent of Scot Loeffler's misuse of qbs and can cause a lot more problems than good long term. It's not always about winning 1 game at all costs. Sometimes you have to try and build confidence in the ones you trusted to start with. With a Petrino mentality there, Cam Newton would have been pulled by the 3rd game.

I do agree White shouldn't have played. I do think at this point a third qb should get live snaps to see how they do, especially this week.

Archived