11 18 15 Notes - Lashlee Speaks

RunInRed

Some of the best doctors in sports gave the OK for Sean White to play. We needed something, anything, to happen in the passing game and White was our only chance to accomplish that. What would you complainers have done?

Pulled him after the first series when it was obvious he could barely run. I wouldn't have left him in for 5 (or however many it was) completely fruitless series where it was obvious he was pretty lame and unable to plant on his front foot.

I'm sure the doctor's told him he could play, Gus decided he would. Not gonna fault him too badly for inserting him, although after the way he looked in the first series you have to wonder what he saw in practice that made him think he was ready to go.

Mikey, did SW look healthy enough to play as long as he did to you? Please answer with a simple yes or no.

Since I don't work for you I'll answer with as many words as I choose to use. Dr. Andrews is one of, if not the, most respected sports medicine doctors in the world. If he says a player is healthy enough to play I'll play the guy if I think/hope he will give me a better chance to win the game. Dr. Andrews was on the sidedline, he could have pulled the plug at any time. He didn't.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Petrino? He was preseason top 25 yet is 6-4 with a much much easier schedule. You don't give up on 2 qbs in the first game of the year and answer questions later. That is reminiscent of Scot Loeffler's misuse of qbs and can cause a lot more problems than good long term. It's not always about winning 1 game at all costs. Sometimes you have to try and build confidence in the ones you trusted to start with. With a Petrino mentality there, Cam Newton would have been pulled by the 3rd game.

I do agree White shouldn't have played. I do think at this point a third qb should get live snaps to see how they do, especially this week.

You do when you are trying to win games! So, you would rather lose the game in hopes of building up confidence in a QB that you weren't confident in to begin with? If Malzahn had confidence in JJ, he wouldn't have pulled him to begin with. When Petrino played us, he knew he had to do something and out of DESPERATION he played the only card that made sense, which was to let his athletes have the ball in their hands. Guess what? It almost worked. In the scenario we were in last week, we were in desperation mode. At that point you give the ball to your athletes and pray that they can win you the game, then you ask questions later. You don't throw in a gimpy SW and get him killed and you don't try to force the issue with JJ if you don't have any confidence in him to begin with. At this point, we just need to win the freaking game.

That has nothing to do with Scott Loeffler, that is doing what you have to do to get a victory in a winnable game Alas what UGA did to Kentucky. But since you brought up misusing of a QB, how do you think JJ must feel when his HC believes that a gimpy SW is the better solution? Is that not misusing QBs? How do you think that will help Long term? How about SW health now? Apparently, it is looking bleak that he will play another snap this season. Therefore, you either stay with JJ, put in your third string QB or go wildcat the rest of the way. Sorry if that is similar to what Scott Loeffler would have done.

Oh btw: We were a top 10 ten, predicted to win the SEC and now we are a 5-5 team, hoping to beat Idaho to get bowl eligible. Let's worry about us before we put another team down, especially a team who played the #1 Clemson tigers to an FG game. Secondly, Louisville was never ranked this season EVER nor were they ranked in the preseason. So either you are lying to try to prove a point, part of the idiocy that you are complaining about in this thread or woefully ignorant.

So, yes. Petrino had the opportunity to win a game against the #6 team in the country at the time, as underdogs. He pulled out all the stops to do it and no one can fault him for that. If he loses, he is supposed to lose. If he wins, he is a genius or at least has some momentum going into the season. In our case, We aren't going to the SEC championship game or a new years bowl game. We are trying to get freaking bowl eligible. You win the game.

Some of the best doctors in sports gave the OK for Sean White to play. We needed something, anything, to happen in the passing game and White was our only chance to accomplish that. What would you complainers have done?

Pulled him after the first series when it was obvious he could barely run. I wouldn't have left him in for 5 (or however many it was) completely fruitless series where it was obvious he was pretty lame and unable to plant on his front foot.

I'm sure the doctor's told him he could play, Gus decided he would. Not gonna fault him too badly for inserting him, although after the way he looked in the first series you have to wonder what he saw in practice that made him think he was ready to go.

Mikey, did SW look healthy enough to play as long as he did to you? Please answer with a simple yes or no.

Since I don't work for you I'll answer with as many words as I choose to use. Dr. Andrews is one of, if not the, most respected sports medicine doctors in the world. If he says a player is healthy enough to play I'll play the guy if I think/hope he will give me a better chance to win the game. Dr. Andrews was on the sidedline, he could have pulled the plug at any time. He didn't.

Wow. So, here is one guy who thinks leaving SW in for 5 series was a great idea, lol. So, no 1st downs with a qb with a very gimpy leg and a 17 point swing after leading by 7 gave us our best shot to win? Interesting. Are you angling for a spot on the staff?

When did Dr. Andrews become your offensive ghuru? All he is going to say is does he think the risk of further injury is too great by continuing playing on the knee. Obviously, he isn't going to consider reduced performance, or the fact that playing at 70% may cause SW to get murdered on the field due to his non evasiveness. I'm sure Dr. Andrews himself is left shaking his head at decisions to send players back out on the field at times. Not saying that was the case with SW.

LOL, but anyone with an IQ above 20 could see SW was clearly injured after the 1st 2 plays he participated in and was obviously ineffective. Why continue to put him out there?

wde

LOL, but anyone with an IQ above 20 could see SW was clearly injured after the 1st 2 plays he participated in and was obviously ineffective. Why continue to put him out there?

wde

Not Mikey. He won't admit Gus farts after eating beans.

To me it wasn't was he healthy enough it was more that (1) UGA's d was finding a rhythm with a pass rush (2) it was a couple tough series by our line& RB's because their d-line was amped up & (2) we completely went away from our running game giving them a an opportunity to lay their ears back and go after Sean. He made some poor throws but was put in a terrible situation.

I have been too disgusted all week to post so have not been around to follow any developments. I did want to ask 2 questions 1) Has a QB starter been announced for todays game. I know it won't happen but we should have prepared Jonathan Wallace and/or Jason Smith. There is no way under the sun that they could be more inept than poor Jeremy. And for sure Sean in a boot cannot play 2) Any status on injury to Center Golson. Thanks

Did someone just say Clint Mosely had the potential to be pretty good? Lol

I remember his press conference when he lost the the QB job. Honestly made me throw up. Couldn't believe it

Archived