It's Possible that Jeremy could make some 2016 noise

Dual-Threat Rigby

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are you so stuck on that stat? You do realize that football is more than just passing TDs, right? You have failed to acknowledge any of the good that occured under SW. Why is that? The team, as a whole, played better under SW than they have under JJ's. It doesn't just come down to stats. It's sort of like saying the D hasn't improved because they are still giving up too may yards. When in fact even the most obtuse observer will concede they clearly have. It's the same with the QBs, SW has clearly played better than JJ.

:thumbsup:

Why are you so stuck on that stat? You do realize that football is more than just passing TDs, right? You have failed to acknowledge any of the good that occured under SW. Why is that? The team, as a whole, played better under SW than they have under JJ's. It doesn't just come down to stats. It's sort of like saying the D hasn't improved because they are still giving up too may yards. When in fact even the most obtuse observer will concede they clearly have. It's the same with the QBs, SW has clearly played better than JJ.

Might as well give up Bird. Sean could have come into a game and gotten 500 yards and 10 touchdowns and there would still be 4 or 5 people on this board who would find some way to claim that Jeremy is the better QB. I'm sure there is some other factor that makes them desperately want Jeremy to be the guy, but whatever it is, all the logic in the world isn't going to talk them out of it.

If JJ light it up this weekend for 500 some of you would still want captain check down. :nopityA:

If JJ light it up this weekend for 500 some of you would still want captain check down. :nopityA:

If Jeremy lights it up this weekend, after I pick my self up off the ground passing out over the shock, I'm going to be VERY excited about our offense next year.

Heck JJ scored just as many TD's as a back up than white as a starter.

I know I'm going against my advice to bird, but I just can't help it... let me say this very slowly for you...

Touchdowns. are. not. the. only. indication. of. how. good. a. quarterback. is.

Sometimes they are doing their job by putting their running backs in the best position to score. Until Jeremy can consistently pick up 3rd and long with his arm, against a team that isn't nearly the worst defense in the country, the number of touchdowns he is credited for don't mean jack.

Might as well give up Bird. Sean could have come into a game and gotten 500 yards and 10 touchdowns and there would still be 4 or 5 people on this board who would find some way to claim that Jeremy is the better QB. I'm sure there is some other factor that makes them desperately want Jeremy to be the guy, but whatever it is, all the logic in the world isn't going to talk them out of it.

Actually the crazies would claim that neither quarterbacks are the guy until we pull some Juco "Dual-Threat" QB from the ranks. Then he'll heralded as the savior of Auburn football because we all know that any DTQB knows this offense better than its creator.

Heck JJ scored just as many TD's as a back up than white as a starter.

I know I'm going against my advice to bird, but I just can't help it... let me say this very slowly for you...

Touchdowns. are. not. the. only. indication. of. how. good. a. quarterback. is.

Sometimes they are doing their job by putting their running backs in the best position to score. Until Jeremy can consistently pick up 3rd and long with his arm, against a team that isn't nearly the worst defense in the country, the number of touchdowns he is credited for don't mean jack.

Willieguns and the rest of us:

200_s.gif

If JJ light it up this weekend for 500 some of you would still want captain check down. :nopityA:/>

If Jeremy lights it up this weekend, after I pick my self up off the ground passing out over the shock, I'm going to be VERY excited about our offense next year.

We were VERY excited about our offense prior to this season too. Due to JJ. He was to be the next Cam, seems people are still clinging on to the preseason hype.

Obviously Bird listens to too many Pressers and recites everything the coaches says. How do you play better when White lost more games than he won? we were very predictable in the redzone it was 25 all day and defenses were keying on that but you and Bird didn't realize that. you really think 5 starts and 1 td is awesome QB play? I was at the ole miss game (Season ticket holder) if white would kept the ball on the read option he could have walked in. We lost games we could have won with White like both the Mississippi schools. stop giving him a pass because of his eligibility SEC players expected to play well especially a former elite 11 guy. when he or you say we played better that's just your opinion because we lost 3 games and all of them were winnable. How do measure better? Les miles is getting fired because lack of production. It isn't JJ fault we lost the UGA game either

5 starts and 1 TD the defense rest your honor.

If this is your defense, you have proven only one thing...you are unable to defend your opinion. Sad. I thought you might actually have a different view, but the only view you have is through a small tight hole.

Willieguns,

JJ was statistically the worst QB in the country and the statistically the worst SEC QB in S-I-X full seasons of football at the time that he was pulled. For some perspective, not even Kiehl Frazier (you know, the guy who got benched in favor of guys who led AU to it's worst season in history) accomplished that.

As soon as JJ sat on the bench the offense stopped turning the ball over.

Thoughts?

Obviously Bird listens to too many Pressers and recites everything the coaches says. How do you play better when White lost more games than he won? we were very predictable in the redzone it was 25 all day and defenses were keying on that but you and Bird didn't realize that. you really think 5 starts and 1 td is awesome QB play? I was at the ole miss game (Season ticket holder) if white would kept the ball on the read option he could have walked in. We lost games we could have won with White like both the Mississippi schools. stop giving him a pass because of his eligibility SEC players expected to play well especially a former elite 11 guy. when he or you say we played better that's just your opinion because we lost 3 games and all of them were winnable. How do measure better? Les miles is getting fired because lack of production. It isn't JJ fault we lost the UGA game either

Good Lord, really? If he would've kept it we would've scored? Well, conversely if JJ could've hit the broad side of a barn White wouldn't have ever been out there. BTW, name one college QB playing today that calls their own plays. No? So why would you criticize SW on the play calls? That's just an ignorant argument.

As far as me forming my opinion on the two I guarantee it's not from pressers.

Bigbird your statement is based on your own opinion just admit it you liked the days of check downs. your statement has no factual data. I played college football and as a former RB I know its so much easier to run the ball when the defense knows the QB could pass in the redzone or run it himself. You can criticize me all you want but statistically the best defense we faced so far was TAMU and JJ played well. Here's another fact we lost 3 games and only won 2 games that we are supposed to win under white. Can you please support your statement with Data. Otherwise it's just you opinion which mean nothing. Let me brake it down for you since you seem so smart it like pepsi and coke which is better without data its just your opinion. In the words of the great poet sean carter "Men lie, Women lie but numbers don't"

When healthy, SW is the best QB on the current roster. What we saw against uga with SW was an obviously injured QB. Hopefully our coaching staff will not put an obviously injured player on the field again like they did against uga. Especially at the QB position.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2015/team/37/passing/index.html

There are your stats.

Less attempts, more yards, higher yards/att, Less INTs, almost double yds/game.

You are absolutely right, stats don't lie. JJ's best games were JSU and Idaho

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/playergamelog?playerId=550019

Btw, I prefer Coke.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2015/leader/911/team/defense/split01/category10/sort01.html

And statistically LSU has the best D we have faced and JJ didn't fair to well.

TAMU and MSU are ranked 8th and 9th respectively in conference.

SW's #9 D: 28 for 188

JJ's #8 D: 17 for 132

I like that these stats back up my observations. Thanks for suggesting I go find them. I appreciate it.

Archived