It's Possible that Jeremy could make some 2016 noise

Dual-Threat Rigby

There is some truth there with what Cole says. SW hasn't really faced a tough d. OM is the closest, but they have been like a sieve at times this year and we stacked up 19 pts at home.

I think he is a better option than jj, but it is debatable. If Gus could find someone who could teach jj mechanics, who knows. If he can't, jj will not ever be the answer.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well as far as the competition he played against and making him all world....That's the same questions I ask with SW too. The same people saying this was Idaho are the same people that said SW is a better qb than Marshall and SW is the best passer we've had at this school after performances against arky, Kentucky, and San Jose st

i don't see anyone saying SW is a betterQB than Nick. Maybe a better pure passer based off of the limited film we have. But Nick was clearly one of the best signal calling/game directing/in game QB we've had. Decision making a confidence were so high for 2 years with NM that it really shocked us to go from that to JJ.

There is some truth there with what Cole says. SW hasn't really faced a tough d. OM is the closest, but they have been like a sieve at times this year and we stacked up 19 pts at home.

I think he is a better option than jj, but it is debatable. If Gus could find someone who could teach jj mechanics, who knows. If he can't, jj will not ever be the answer.

I think it's probably best for JJ to leave because I don't think the coaches trust him and whenever it goes bad again he won't be allowed to play through it, and I think that's sometimes that's the only solution. But after seeing what happened this year I think the people who are thinking we have the qb no questions aren't being objective at all. Especially the guys that scoffed at even bringing in a juco qb

Well as far as the competition he played against and making him all world....That's the same questions I ask with SW too. The same people saying this was Idaho are the same people that said SW is a better qb than Marshall and SW is the best passer we've had at this school after performances against arky, Kentucky, and San Jose st

i don't see anyone saying SW is a betterQB than Nick. Maybe a better pure passer based off of the limited film we have. But Nick was clearly one of the best signal calling/game directing/in game QB we've had. Decision making a confidence were so high for 2 years with NM that it really shocked us to go from that to JJ.

NM was special. Cole has a tendency to hear one or two people say something goofy then use it as an example like half the board is saying it or something. There are a lot of people saying this was Idaho afa the results don't mean much. I haven't heard a single person say sw is a better qb than nm, but I suppose cole has.

I agree whole-heartedly with Bigbird. The offense is so timid with JJ because the coaches have to call a game to stay within his limited capabilities. It is a shame.

The bottom line is that we need a pure dual-threat QB in order to make Gus's offense run the way it has in the past. The staff should have beaten the bushes during the 2015 recruiting cycle. To put up the numbers that we have in the past with Gus in charge, we need to bring in some DT QB talent asap. If Barrett could by some chance get here for spring training, this would be great for the 2016 season. We need to recruit the best JUCO DT QB out there and get him on campus for spring training for 2016.

Nick Marshall was the most underrated qb we have ever had. Maybe the most underrated player. Decision making was superb. Confidence and poise probably only matched by cam. Just not terribly accurate and that is probably not very coach able to fix. Sean will never be as atheletic or have the cannon. Sean is very accurate in his first few starts he made better decisions than I expected. If Sean becomes legitimately considered as valuable as Marshall we will be elite offensively especially in the passing game. I am a fan of all auburn qbs. I want the best to play. I was all into JJ until recently. I have no confidence he will be successful now. I could be wrong again. I didn't see him improve, I just saw him managed differently.

Need some help here. Who is Whitfield? A private QB coach? Who are some if the people he has helped? Did they improve? Did they lead their teams to championships? Did they make all conf or all American or all pro? Truly asking because I don't know. He could if heled Tom Brady for all I know. I see that name thrown around a lot an I would like yo know who his students have been.

Maybe a few sessions with a hypnotist could help JJ to get rid of the fear of being hit. If he loses this fear, he could be good. I just think though that this fear has gotten so deeply entrenched with him that it effects all points of his game. You cannot play the QB position and be fearful of being hit. With JJ's size, he should be able to tuck it and just run over people like Cam did. Who knows at this point.

Maybe SW will prove to be the answer in the long term. We just need to have a year with no QB injuries.

So at most, Jeremy has 2 losses under his belt, and what should be 1.

Seriously? This is your logic?

He would have lost all of the games he didn't play in because he is a bad QB. He did nothing against Georgia except throw screen passes; you know why? Because even Gus and company have seen enough from him. We're hyping that Georgia game up as some sort of victory now? Newsflash: Georgia just nearly lost to Georgia Southern. They are garbage.

This thread is absurd. He looks marginally good against a 3-7 mid-major with a TERRIBLE defense (121st Scoring Defense, 116th Total Defense) and now all of a sudden the hype is back on? Really? Nothing has changed. He hasn't "figured it out".

Georgia is garbage and coming off 2104 butt kicking Gus can't get this team up for 60 minutes.

We singled handed saved Richts job and kept the #1 qb heading to Athens. Within 4 years UGA probably wins it all and basically at Gus and companies hand.

Makes me sick.

They need to open up every spot on the the field and say you earn it from what you do starting right now

This I can agree with 100%

Need some help here. Who is Whitfield? A private QB coach? Who are some if the people he has helped? Did they improve? Did they lead their teams to championships? Did they make all conf or all American or all pro? Truly asking because I don't know. He could if heled Tom Brady for all I know. I see that name thrown around a lot an I would like yo know who his students have been.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Whitfield,_Jr.

Worked with Cam and Donovan McNabb.

Next year comes down to White vs Franklin this spring. If not for White's leg, JJ wouldn't have seen the field again this year.

Do you think White is a good QB? Or is he just Trotter/Moseley reincarnate? Do we have a QB on this team or coming in capable of giving Clemson a game next September and rebounding? If we throw Woody Barrett to the wolves, we're going to completely destroy his confidence. If we're screwed until Woody gets a year or two of experience, it falls on Gus for going so hard after JJ and putting so much focus into him when he is CLEARLY NOT A DUAL THREAT QB.

It is absolutely crucial for White or Franklin to become "the man" for this reason.

Next year comes down to White vs Franklin this spring. If not for White's leg, JJ wouldn't have seen the field again this year.

Do you think White is a good QB? Or is he just Trotter/Moseley reincarnate? Do we have a QB on this team or coming in capable of giving Clemson a game next September and rebounding? If we throw Woody Barrett to the wolves, we're going to completely destroy his confidence. If we're screwed until Woody gets a year or two of experience, it falls on Gus for going so hard after JJ and putting so much focus into him when he is CLEARLY NOT A DUAL THREAT QB.

It is absolutely crucial for White or Franklin to become "the man" for this reason.

Yes, I think White is a very good QB now and has the potential to be great. His pocket awareness, accuracy, and toughness are, as a red-shirt freshman, already at a high level. I think he could be the best Pass first QB we have had in a long time. He has that competitive "it" factor.

I think Jeremy is the most talented QB on the Roster and even when Franklin shows up he will have his work cut out for him. there is more wrong with this team than Johnson. He took the blame because of it. For example Robinson is the most talented RB on the team and barely played all year until Peyton Barber was banged up enough to give him the opportunity. I don't believe he all of a sudden started running the way he did. We don't have a TE that can create match-up problems and WR's aren't consistent. Offensive line play was not good early on so it was easy to blame JJ even though since week 1 these issues were there. I saw JJ hit Melvin Ray on the numbers in the Louisville game and he dropped the ball. there were so many drops on 3rd down all season which many of the times isn't the QB fault. We had too do it, but dismissing the best offensive player on the team in Duke Williams hurt a already thin WR core. its so easy to blame the QB in these siturations and lets not talk about play calling....smh. Buttom line if Franklin can't throw enough to get the balls to the WR its still Johnson's job to lose. I for one would love to keep the offense balanced no matter who the QB is. Its like we waste good WR recruiting when we go back to the read option days when we ran the ball 50+ times per game when Marshall was there opposed to when we had Newton and passing was also an option. I hope Johnson wins the battle next year and remains starting QB because after watching film on Franklin he appears to run much more than pass. its sort of like playing basketball with a PG that wont pass. It has to be frustrating for the WR's and surely don't bode well when recruiting elite WR's.

I think Jeremy is the most talented QB on the Roster and even when Franklin shows up he will have his work cut out for him. there is more wrong with this team than Johnson. He took the blame because of it. For example Robinson is the most talented RB on the team and barely played all year until Peyton Barber was banged up enough to give him the opportunity. I don't believe he all of a sudden started running the way he did. We don't have a TE that can create match-up problems and WR's aren't consistent. Offensive line play was not good early on so it was easy to blame JJ even though since week 1 these issues were there. I saw JJ hit Melvin Ray on the numbers in the Louisville game and he dropped the ball. there were so many drops on 3rd down all season which many of the times isn't the QB fault. We had too do it, but dismissing the best offensive player on the team in Duke Williams hurt a already thin WR core. its so easy to blame the QB in these siturations and lets not talk about play calling....smh. Buttom line if Franklin can't throw enough to get the balls to the WR its still Johnson's job to lose. I for one would love to keep the offense balanced no matter who the QB is. Its like we waste good WR recruiting when we go back to the read option days when we ran the ball 50+ times per game when Marshall was there opposed to when we had Newton and passing was also an option. I hope Johnson wins the battle next year and remains starting QB because after watching film on Franklin he appears to run much more than pass. its sort of like playing basketball with a PG that wont pass. It has to be frustrating for the WR's and surely don't bode well when recruiting elite WR's.

While I agree there were more issues the team has than just JJ, I have to call BS. JJ has a HUGE arm, there's no debate there. What he doesn't have is, the mental makeup to play QB at a high level. I'm sorry, I love the kid, he's a great kid that has represented Auburn well from a student athlete perspective. A junior QB, 2 years in a system can and should be able to create some plays despite the rest of the teams shortfalls. JJ doesn't present that ability. When things breakdown, he breaks down. That is NOT what a junior QB in the Sec does. I don't know if it's blindly naive favoritism that a lot of fans like yourself have or what, but it became hugely obvious the moment SW stepped on that field that he had the "it" factor. He moves around extending plays surveys the field to create something positive. The team as a whole responds better to him than JJ. He's more charismatic and confident than JJ and that bleeds over to the rest of the team. It's soooo damn obvious I can't understand how people can't see it. SW doesn't need a cannon for an arm, although, I think it's plenty strong to make any throw needed. He has the other intangibles you look for in a LEADER, not just QB skills and a monster arm. If Gus and Co. can tailor an intermediate passing attack couple with some strong running, SW would pick teams apart. Mid season, this team looked like it was progressing and the moment JJ came back in it began regressing. Part of that is on JJ, part is on Gus. But....can you really blame the play calling that much??? When they open up and let JJ pass more, he tends to be hesitant and makes horrible throws. He collapses completely. I'll take a healthy Freshman SW over what JJ has shown this year any day of every week all year.

Woody is nowhere near to being ready good potential and mental make up but needs some solid QB coaching with passing technique and reading defenses

what was the 2 best offensive games all season and who was the QB?

Let me guess, JJ. Against the two of the worst defenses we played all year, Texas A&M and Idaho. Not a good argument.

what was the 2 best offensive games all season and who was the QB?

Let me guess, JJ. Against the two of the worst defenses we played all year, Texas A&M and Idaho. Not a good argument.

Damn it I knew the answer >:(

With QB being so important in Malzan System how can you win without throwing TD's? its like you are so concerned with the interceptions but failed to complain about lack of TDS with White and he has more interceptions that TD's too....

With QB being so important in Malzan System how can you win without throwing TD's? its like you are so concerned with the interceptions but failed to complain about lack of TDS with White and he has more interceptions that TD's too....

It's not just about the TD/Int ratio...if you're really that blind, I'm not gonna continue this debate.

:cool: I guess I am cause I know the pace Is much better too. Tell me what was whites best game since you have so much confidence in him? what were is numbers? I am trying to figure out where he was so stellar? the QB play in my opinion has been average at best all season.

Archived