It's Possible that Jeremy could make some 2016 noise

Dual-Threat Rigby

What's better?

0 TDs and 0 picks

or 10 TDs and 10 picks?

Seeing as how scoring wins games and not scoring doesn't....I'm not sure what your analogy was supposed to prove as Sean White has a .5 TD/Int ratio (which isn't good) and Jeremy has a 1.9 (rounded) TD/Int ratio. That has to be preferred.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bigbird your statement is based on your own opinion just admit it you liked the days of check downs. your statement has no factual data. I played college football and as a former RB I know its so much easier to run the ball when the defense knows the QB could pass in the redzone or run it himself. You can criticize me all you want but statistically the best defense we faced so far was TAMU and JJ played well. Here's another fact we lost 3 games and only won 2 games that we are supposed to win under white. Can you please support your statement with Data. Otherwise it's just you opinion which mean nothing. Let me brake it down for you since you seem so smart it like pepsi and coke which is better without data its just your opinion. In the words of the great poet sean carter "Men lie, Women lie but numbers don't"

If you don't mind me asking what college team did you play RB? If you don't want to answer I understand no big deal. thanks

I'm going to have to see JJ play great against a great defense before I drink any of this Koolaid. He is better now than at the first of the year but still has a long way to go.

Indeed, old friend.

Golf, you start a cordial conversation with bird and he already calls you old. :)

He did say friend though. I loved your back and forth threads. Been a while.

Looks like somebody is gonna have to kill ANOTHER horse. There is nothing left of this one to beat...smh

Indeed, old friend.

Golf, you start a cordial conversation with bird and he already calls you old. :)/>

He did say friend though. I loved your back and forth threads. Been a while.

They are both old coots. I can recognize them as I am one too... : - )

No question JJ is a much better QB now than he was early in the season. I actually think he learned a lot from watching White run the offense. Take what they give you and don't try to do too much. Jeremy now realizes he will never win a Heisman but he is an Auburn man. He was overhyped by media, coaches, and fans which led to the meltdown. JJ's confidence is returning. It's not completely back but getting there. I still believe a healthy SW gives us the best chance of upsetting the Tide, but no one will never know for sure.

No question JJ is a much better QB now than he was early in the season. I actually think he learned a lot from watching White run the offense. Take what they give you and don't try to do too much. Jeremy now realizes he will never win a Heisman but he is an Auburn man. He was overhyped by media, coaches, and fans which led to the meltdown. JJ's confidence is returning. It's not completely back but getting there. I still believe a healthy SW gives us the best chance of upsetting the Tide, but no one will never know for sure.

Try rewatching the games again. The only thing that has changed is that they barely let him throw the ball downfield anymore.

Try rewatching the games again. The only thing that has changed is that they barely let him throw the ball downfield anymore.

so he usually hits the check downs and can actually complete deep passes

sounds like the best option for this team

the one thing Sean really has is the ability to hit intermediate routes

10-20 or so that's your guy

Jeremy can hit slants and Jeremy can hit a 40 yard pass in stride, I'll take 2>1 when it comes to ranges man

yep...

https://vine.co/v/iBvuqU2ZmQl

Watching this particulate play live, I was certain that the ball was tipped at the line of scrimmage because of the trajectory and the way it was wobbling. Have not seen it in slow motion nor have I seen it discussed anywhere. BTW, I do not submit this as evidence for either side in the great JJ vs SW debate, just for my own self interest.

Watching this particulate play live, I was certain that the ball was tipped at the line of scrimmage because of the trajectory and the way it was wobbling. Have not seen it in slow motion nor have I seen it discussed anywhere. BTW, I do not submit this as evidence for either side in the great JJ vs SW debate, just for my own self interest.

I think you're right.

Rigby isn't, though. Way off on the assessment of the 2 QBs' passing abilities.

I think you're right.

Indeed.

I think you're right.

I was thinking it was a horrible throw, or maybe there was a route mix up.

I think you're right.

I was thinking horrible throw when I saw it live, but watching it wobble in that clip makes me wonder if someone got a finger on it.

I think you're right.

That's what I initially thought, but watching it now it looks like the DE might've gotten a hand on it. Maybe I'm just trying to give Jeremy the benefit of the doubt.

Or, what lion said.

I think you're right.

That's what I initially thought, but watching it now it looks like the DE might've gotten a hand on it. Maybe I'm just trying to give Jeremy the benefit of the doubt.

Or, what lion said.

the path of the ball was too far inside for the DE with his hands up to touch it.

You may be right but if it wasn't tipped then it must have slipped out of his hand or something. That throw wasn't just high it was ugly and Jeremy don't throw ugly balls. Misguided maybe, but not ugly.

What's better?

0 TDs and 0 picks

or 10 TDs and 10 picks?

Seeing as how scoring wins games and not scoring doesn't....I'm not sure what your analogy was supposed to prove as Sean White has a .5 TD/Int ratio (which isn't good) and Jeremy has a 1.9 (rounded) TD/Int ratio. That has to be preferred.

Turning the ball over loses games and not turning it over doesn't. Same idea. But it's just a hypothetical question as it seems like that's what this debate is boiling down to to me. One side says one guy doesn't throw TDs. The other side says the other guy throws tons of picks. Both are true at face value. It just seemed to me that the coaches won't let JJ even throw 5 yards past the LOS. SW, with his short comings, at least is allowed to look down field by those that are close to the QB situation as I see it.

You may be right but if it wasn't tipped then it must have slipped out of his hand or something. That throw wasn't just high it was ugly and Jeremy don't throw ugly balls. Misguided maybe, but not ugly.

agree

What's better?

0 TDs and 0 picks

or 10 TDs and 10 picks?

Turning the ball over loses games and not turning it over doesn't. Same idea. But it's just a hypothetical question as it seems like that's what this debate is boiling down to to me. One side says one guy doesn't throw TDs. The other side says the other guy throws tons of picks. Both are true at face value. It just seemed to me that the coaches won't let JJ even throw 5 yards past the LOS. SW, with his short comings, at least is allowed to look down field by those that are close to the QB situation as I see it.

If it's stats instead of the eye test, perhaps the real question. . . (not that I know - how's that for impartiality)

. . . might be how many touchdowns the team made while JJ as in, as opposed to how many 'the team' made while SW was in. Not starts but while each QB was playing. Does anyone have this at hand? Because ole one shot barney (wille) is getting olde with the same old (SOS) same old.

how many touchdowns the team made while JJ as in, as opposed to how many 'the team' made while SW was in.

If our offense scored 45 points a game with Sean in but he threw no touchdowns, and 21 a game with Jeremy throwing touchdowns and picks in equal numbers, some of these folks would say Jeremy was the better quarterback.

how many touchdowns the team made while JJ as in, as opposed to how many 'the team' made while SW was in.

If our offense scored 45 points a game with Sean in but he threw no touchdowns, and 21 a game with Jeremy throwing touchdowns and picks in equal numbers, some of these folks would say Jeremy was the better quarterback.

The offense altogether appeared to improve (and continue to improve) after JJ was benched and Duke was kicked off the team. Sean White impressed me with the way he stepped up and into the starting QB slot, and the team seemed to respond to it. After White's injury, JJ has appeared to play better than he was in his first three starts, but he is clearly not being asked to win games with his arm. When it was time to win a game with his arm against Georgia, the coaches obviously thought an injured Sean White was a better bet and put him in instead. If that didn't tell everyone who the better QB is, I don't know what will. They're only human and not infallible, but I'm not naive or arrogant enough to think myself a better judge of QB ability than the people Auburn pays handsomely to do that for a living.

Archived