Staff Changes

fredst

Awwww so I'm suppose to cry because you try to insult me. Just admit it, your comparison between Chizik and Roof was ignorance.

Why would I admit such a thing when reality shows the opposite?

The records speak for themselves, who cares about any other stats.

Because football teams are comprised of more than just one side of the football, doofus.

By the way, I can care less about who likes me, this isn't a pageant my friend I'm just an Auburn fan . Your insults want omit the fact that you don't know football.

The more you talk, the dumber you look.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

At this point I have no clue who the DC will be. I will say I don't think it will be any of the 4 discussed the past couple of days. Diaz looks to be staying @ Miss St. As meta pointed out Grantham makes $1.4 mil @ Louisville & I don't see AU paying that much for him. Tom Allen seems to have lost steam. Lastly I don't see the PTB signing off on bringing Roof back.

We are in a sad state of affairs if this is the case. Could you EVER during saban's tenure at bama hear the conversation that he couldn't hire the DC he wanted because their PTB wouldn't sign off on it??!!!! I wouldn't blame Gus one iota if he got the heck out of Dodge as soon as he could. He should 100% hire whoever he wants and then sink or swim with his choice.

I agree with your basic sentiment but the fact is he already did hire the DC he wanted, not once but twice and this will be the third time. He wanted Ellis and they will be paying him $900K, minus offsets if any, through 2017. He wanted Muschamp and they paid him $1.6 mill for his 1 year of service. Those were Gus's decisions and they paid out $2.5 million for DC services in 2015 alone. So Gus got the man he wanted all the way through this process but now they are faced with hiring a DC yet again.

I realize the PTB have money but at some point, even they will put a limit on the amount of money they will commit to this particular process. So while there may not be a limit on 'who' he wants, there could very well be a limit on how much they are willing to pay his choice, this 3rd time around. The person will still get paid well but just not upper tier money. It's not necessary to do that anyway.

Oh so Gt's offense is the problem now, well many would argue the offense was strength of GT in recent memory.

No, dumbass, it literally is a problem. They are 81st in the country in total offense (and a pathetic 123rd in the country in pass offense). They are 63rd in the country in scoring offense. That is mediocre to terrible no matter which way you look at it. By contrast, UNC is 10th in scoring (40.9 points per game) and 20th in total offense. When two defenses are basically even statistically, such a drastic difference in offensive performance will translate to very different overall win-loss records.

Damn, son, act like you can connect some dots.

Your making up a lot of excuses for Ted Roof, you must really miss the guy.

I don't miss anyone. I'm just pointing out facts while you post mindless nonsense and embarrass yourself more with every post.

Paul Rhoads did a much better job at Auburn than Ted Roof has ever done, in 2008 alone. I can argue that he went through more offensively than Roof ever has while coaching at Auburn. Tony Franklin was fired mid season and it was an absolute disaster.

I don't disagree with that, but it's also not the point. You're the one that got all bent out of whack when I showed you that stats on UNC vs GT this year. I'm sorry that reality doesn't match your presuppositions.

You don't disagree with this but it was my initial point. Remember, I wrote I'd rather see Paul Rhoads or Gene Chizik rather than Ted Roof. Thanks for agreeing with me Ancient Tiger that's all you should have done from the get go. I Win

But it's not the point you made when you responded to me. You got indignant that I would even suggest that Chizik and Roof had roughly equivalent results this year. I simply showed you the full stats on them.

You're an ignoramus. Please stop embarrassing yourself and everyone else in the fanbase.

Awwww so I'm suppose to cry because you try to insult me. Just admit it, your comparison between Chizik and Roof was ignorance. The records speak for themselves, who cares about any other stats. By the way, I can care less about who likes me, this isn't a pageant my friend I'm just an Auburn fan . Your insults want omit the fact that you don't know football.

1092, back away from the keyboard, seriously. Trying to help you out here. You are in the deep end with no floaties.

Oh so Gt's offense is the problem now, well many would argue the offense was strength of GT in recent memory.

No, dumbass, it literally is a problem. They are 81st in the country in total offense (and a pathetic 123rd in the country in pass offense). They are 63rd in the country in scoring offense. That is mediocre to terrible no matter which way you look at it. By contrast, UNC is 10th in scoring (40.9 points per game) and 20th in total offense. When two defenses are basically even statistically, such a drastic difference in offensive performance will translate to very different overall win-loss records.

Damn, son, act like you can connect some dots.

Your making up a lot of excuses for Ted Roof, you must really miss the guy.

I don't miss anyone. I'm just pointing out facts while you post mindless nonsense and embarrass yourself more with every post.

Paul Rhoads did a much better job at Auburn than Ted Roof has ever done, in 2008 alone. I can argue that he went through more offensively than Roof ever has while coaching at Auburn. Tony Franklin was fired mid season and it was an absolute disaster.

I don't disagree with that, but it's also not the point. You're the one that got all bent out of whack when I showed you that stats on UNC vs GT this year. I'm sorry that reality doesn't match your presuppositions.

You don't disagree with this but it was my initial point. Remember, I wrote I'd rather see Paul Rhoads or Gene Chizik rather than Ted Roof. Thanks for agreeing with me Ancient Tiger that's all you should have done from the get go. I Win

But it's not the point you made when you responded to me. You got indignant that I would even suggest that Chizik and Roof had roughly equivalent results this year. I simply showed you the full stats on them.

You're an ignoramus. Please stop embarrassing yourself and everyone else in the fanbase.

Awwww so I'm suppose to cry because you try to insult me. Just admit it, your comparison between Chizik and Roof was ignorance. The records speak for themselves, who cares about any other stats. By the way, I can care less about who likes me, this isn't a pageant my friend I'm just an Auburn fan . Your insults want omit the fact that you don't know football.

1092, back away from the keyboard, seriously. Trying to help you out here. You are in the deep end with no floaties.

Ikr especially if this was a roast. But I can swim a little lol.

Awwww so I'm suppose to cry because you try to insult me. Just admit it, your comparison between Chizik and Roof was ignorance.

Why would I admit such a thing when reality shows the opposite?

The records speak for themselves, who cares about any other stats.

Because football teams are comprised of more than just one side of the football, doofus.

By the way, I can care less about who likes me, this isn't a pageant my friend I'm just an Auburn fan . Your insults want omit the fact that you don't know football.

The more you talk, the dumber you look.

You might as well just ignore it. No point in continuing to go down this road.

Lance has experience as a DC and a ton of connections with def coaches in the South. All things considered him as DC with permission to bring in 2 new assistants is sounding better to me. He knows Muschamp's defense, he is an excellent recruiter and he wants the job. Am I way off=base here?

Its been almost 10 years since he was a DC. No one wants him as a DC. That should be pretty telling in itself.

I am not sure that I really want any of the 4 mentioned in the 247 article. If I had to list from top to bottom of these 4 candidates, I would list them as follows:

1. Diaz

2. Grantham

3. Roof

4. Allen

The biggest drop off of these 4 would be Allen. The more I read about Allen, the less I like him as a viable candidate. I do not think any of these would be a great hire.

I would be OK with any of them except Grantham. We don't need him.

Check out @bmarcello's Tweet:

I don't have the ability to do the pic and all that but was hoping someone could explain what this means?

I 'think' it means that Lance Thompson's 2015 contract wasn't finalized until 12/2/15 for whatever reason, but who knows with Marcello.

Check out @bmarcello's Tweet: https://twitter.com/...6216807425?s=09

I don't have the ability to do the pic and all that but was hoping someone could explain what this means?

Tweet says notice signing date of Lance Thompson's contract with a photo of a Date showing 2 October December 2015.

But that means nothing. Could be just some updates/resigning of the contract and it wasn't done in October but in December. May have been what kept him with AU instead of going to USCe since he signed with AU. Doesn't mean he is the DC, only that he signed with AU for something, if that is actually from CLT's contract - that could be from anything (not that I think Marcello would try to be deceptive).

Well if we go off Gus's DC by the end of the week answer. Per J. Tate. Then if you are a Friday is the end of the week person then that is the 1st of January. If your a Sunday is the end of the week person that is the 3rd of January. We know it is some one from the SEC. Now we can narrow it down to the following people

29th - LSU - Oregeon

30th - Miss St. - Diaz

TX A&M - Chavis

31st - Alabama - Tucker (possible additional game)

1st - Florida - Shannon

These are the days they play their bowl games.

And the discussions about Roof, Roades, Chiz, Shoop, Allen, Kelly are just a waste of time and effort.

At this point I have no clue who the DC will be. I will say I don't think it will be any of the 4 discussed the past couple of days. Diaz looks to be staying @ Miss St. As meta pointed out Grantham makes $1.4 mil @ Louisville & I don't see AU paying that much for him. Tom Allen seems to have lost steam. Lastly I don't see the PTB signing off on bringing Roof back.

We are in a sad state of affairs if this is the case. Could you EVER during saban's tenure at bama hear the conversation that he couldn't hire the DC he wanted because their PTB wouldn't sign off on it??!!!! I wouldn't blame Gus one iota if he got the heck out of Dodge as soon as he could. He should 100% hire whoever he wants and then sink or swim with his choice.

I agree with your basic sentiment but the fact is he already did hire the DC he wanted, not once but twice and this will be the third time. He wanted Ellis and they will be paying him $900K through 2017. He wanted Muschamp and they paid him $1.6 mill for his 1 year of service. Those were Gus's decisions and they paid out $2.5 million for DC services in 2015 alone. So Gus got the man he wanted all the way through this process but now they are faced with hiring a DC yet again.

I realize the PTB have money but at some point, even they will put a limit on the amount of money they will commit to this particular process. So while there may not be a limit on 'who' he wants, there could very well be a limit on how much they are willing to pay his choice, this 3rd time around. The person will still get paid well but just not upper tier money. It's not necessary to do that anyway.

Great point....the idea that the PTB or JJ has to give Gus whatever he wants without questions or limits? That's nonsense.

He ought to be explaining why this is THE guy and also explaining why he nearly broke the bank to bring in two previous "must have" coaches....and explain that this won't be a repeat.

There is way too much willingness by some folks to fling money around....probably because it is not theirs.

We know it is some one from the SEC.

No we don't. What kind of stretch of reality is that? We had a report that we were "targeting" someone from the SEC. If that person was Diaz and the talks haven't gone anywhere. then that entire "report" is pretty much out the window. Ted Roof isn't coaching in the SEC, so why is his name coming up?

I agree with your basic sentiment but the fact is he already did hire the DC he wanted, not once but twice and this will be the third time. He wanted Ellis and they will be paying him $900K through 2017. He wanted Muschamp and they paid him $1.6 mill for his 1 year of service. Those were Gus's decisions and they paid out $2.5 million for DC services in 2015 alone. So Gus got the man he wanted all the way through this process but now they are faced with hiring a DC yet again.

Technically Ellis' AU contract has an offset clause and our payment to him will be reduced by his salary at USCe.

Can someone remind me...where/who said that it is DEFINITELY someone from another SEC school?

Jay G Tate said we were focusing our efforts at another SEC school.

I never said we were focusing on Roof. His name is in list of people that are not in the SEC.

A DC that no one has mentioned is the guy at Stanford. I know he had great numbers in 2014. This is a very unlikely candidate, but what the heck! Another name to fuss over until Gus pulls the trigger and makes the hire.

I do not know why, and I hope it does not happen; but my gut feeling is that it will be Allen. I hope as much as I can hope that I am 110% wrong.

Check out @bmarcello's Tweet:

Who is bmarcello? Is he one of the Alabama Mafia?

Great point....the idea that the PTB or JJ has to give Gus whatever he wants without questions or limits? That's nonsense.

He ought to be explaining why this is THE guy and also explaining why he nearly broke the bank to bring in two previous "must have" coaches....and explain that this won't be a repeat.

There is way too much willingness by some folks to fling money around....probably because it is not theirs.

NOWHERE in my statement did I say Gus should be given a blank check and go knock himself out and I'm one that's been furious over the mind blowing buyouts JJ has given the last two coaches and salaries that we continue to previous coaches and that lessons appear to never be learned by the PTB. JJ and whoever else was involved last time were obviously ALL on board with the Muschamp hire because he wouldn't have gotten the insane amount of money that he did. Most people accepted the fact that if he got offered a HC position at a major program he was a one and done, or at most two years and done. Like virtually everyone else, the feeling was if Muschamp could get our defense to just better than average we were going to win championships this season. Obviously, nobody saw the meltdown on offense coming. All I'm saying is if Gus feels Coach _______ is who he feels will make our defense successful then he should be able to offer that coach and with whatever salary is appropriate for that particular coach. If that is "nonsense" then so be it.

Technically Ellis' AU contract has an offset clause and our payment to him will be reduced by his salary at USCe.

That's true and when that kicks in, probably January, it will save some money.

I think it is obvious now that there will be no news until the 31st at the earliest. If the future DC's team has not yet completed their bowl game, we are looking at no later than the first week of Jan. Having said that, I am sure he wants to have this announcement before the end of the recruiting dead period if at all possible so as to not lose any current recruits and to also have a last push before NSD.

Archived