Richt Fired

PigskinPat

Hope we are calling their recruits right now.

Opens the door for a potential Rocker return of Garner is fired.

Garner will not be fired. It looks like Grimes may retire and Garner will take over the O Line which opens the door for a D line coach, it may be Rocker.

Garner taking over the O-line? Is that really a possibility?

That's the speculation from some.

Not sure how I feel about that. Would it be considered a good move?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, I thought Les Miles had the reddest fanny in the SEC. Even though there has been constant complaining among the UGA faithful, I was not convinced they'd actually push him out.

Well, he can easily have another HC job, if he wants one, or live a life of luxury, or pursue his missionary agenda.

Yep, I thought Les Miles had the reddest fanny in the SEC. Even though there has been constant complaining among the UGA faithful, I was not convinced they'd actually push him out.

Well, he can easily have another HC job, if he wants one, or live a life of luxury, or pursue his missionary agenda.

Nice to have so many good options at his age isn't it. :)

Hope we are calling their recruits right now.

Opens the door for a potential Rocker return of Garner is fired.

Garner will not be fired. It looks like Grimes may retire and Garner will take over the O Line which opens the door for a D line coach, it may be Rocker.

Garner taking over the O-line? Is that really a possibility?

That's the speculation from some.

Not sure how I feel about that. Would it be considered a good move?

I don't know enough of his history to answer.

Jimbo Fisher is not going anywhere any time soon. Why step into the SEC when your chances of winning ACC titles and a better chance of playing in the final 4 than he ever would in the SEC. Kirby Smart is who UGA will tap as their new HC. This will happen very soon. Kirby will likely keep J. Pruitt as his DC.

Richt could wind up at S Carolina as their HC or maybe even Mizzou. Things will get interesting no doubt. Look for us to move Garner to OL coach and bring Rocker in as the DL coach.

By the way, Richt had never been a HC prior to UGA hiring him.

I thought LSU admins were stupid. At least they came to their senses. I don't know what UGA admins are thinking. The only difference is the majority of LSU fans wanted Miles to stay. I don't know if it is a majority but there are many UGA fans who wanted Richt gone. Idiots. They will not get anybody near as good as Richt after this. Smart will probably be the front runner but would UGA hire an unproven head coach? I don't think so.

Why not? They did with Richt.

Times are different now. UGA is a Top Ten job with a strong recruiting base. I don't see them firing Richt to give the reins to a coordinator who is an unproven Head Coach.

If I'm Ray Tanner (USCe AD) i'm calling Richt. Also, Tom Herman would be hell at UGA. Guy can coach.

The American Athletic Conference is not the SEC. We'll see how good he can coach in the SEC. He has only been a Head Coach for one season.

If I'm Ray Tanner (USCe AD) i'm calling Richt. Also, Tom Herman would be hell at UGA. Guy can coach.

The American Athletic Conference is not the SEC. We'll see how good he can coach in the SEC. He has only been a Head Coach for one season.

The SEC isn't what it's all cranked up to be, especially this year. I'd say the league is average. UF won the east and they aren't solid. Bama isn't special. We all saw that yesterday. I'm an SEC homer, but I dare say we will get killed come bowl season.

I think Herman will do big things at UGA. I agree, he's young, but I watched Houston several times this year and they looked well prepared. Can't say that about us.

Nobody within the SEC is scared of anyone else in the league. Too much familiarity for that. Teams outside the league, well now that's a different story.

USCe is not going to after MR. Spurrier was not very complementary of MR's coaching. I'm hearing from UGA insiders that it will be TH which suggests KS goes to USCe. But who knows. AU shocked the world twice with Chizik and then GM.

Nobody within the SEC is scared of anyone else in the league. Too much familiarity for that. Teams outside the league, well now that's a different story.

I live in Oklahoma and folks out here want OU to play uat. They aren't scared of them at all.

I live in Oklahoma and folks out here want OU to play uat. They aren't scared of them at all.

There is no reason to be. OU has the talent and the system to take the turds out.

There is no reason to be. OU has the talent and the system to take the turds out.

Still not quite sure how Texas managed to beat them this year.

Again

Still not quite sure how Texas managed to beat them this year.

I don't either. That rivlary has had quite a few upsets through the years. It's a bit quirky. I know that afterwards OU really got their act together and took everything to a new level.

Why would OU be scared of Bama?

The OU fanbase is just as arrogant. They have as much history. They have beaten Alabama the last 3 times they have played them.

I think OU will thump them to be honest.

Why would OU be scared of Bama?

The OU fanbase is just as arrogant. They have as much history. They have beaten Alabama the last 3 times they have played them.

I think OU will thump them to be honest.

I agree. The OU fan base is just as "Walmart" as uat's. All that aside, OU is playing the best ball of anyone in the country. I dislike OU but hate uat. I honestly don't think bama could beat MSU either. Not sure about Clemson. They didn't look like world beaters against a very poor USCe team yesterday. They may not survive UNC.

Archived