Richt Fired

PigskinPat

UVA would be a good spot for him to go.

MR would be an improvement for about 8 or 10 schools.....he ought to have his agent auction him off.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nobody within the SEC is scared of anyone else in the league. Too much familiarity for that. Teams outside the league, well now that's a different story.

I live in Oklahoma and folks out here want OU to play uat. They aren't scared of them at all.

There is no reason to be. OU has the talent and the system to take the turds out.

Again

Yep.

And if they meet in the playoffs, I hope the Sooners treat them even worse than they did in the 2014 Sugarbowl! :cheer:

Wow!, I grew up in Auburn, but have lived in GA for 28 of the last 32 years, the delusion over here from the fan base and the media is unbelievable. I hope this blows up in their face. I don't give a damn what Spurrier thinks, if anyone at South Carolina has a brain they will extend an offer to Richt today. He is by far the best coach they have ever had in Athens,and it's not even close.

While I think Richt is a great coach, I wouldn't go that far. Vince Dooley says Hi.

Wow!, I grew up in Auburn, but have lived in GA for 28 of the last 32 years, the delusion over here from the fan base and the media is unbelievable. I hope this blows up in their face. I don't give a damn what Spurrier thinks, if anyone at South Carolina has a brain they will extend an offer to Richt today. He is by far the best coach they have ever had in Athens,and it's not even close.

While I think Richt is a great coach, I wouldn't go that far. Vince Dooley says Hi.

Yep...I thought of Vince when the discussion began about "greatest Ga coach"....but times were different then and with today's standards, Vince would have never made it to 10 years at UGa.....with back to back 5 win seasons.....and later on some more of those 5 or 6 win seasons.

Like AU was with Shug, the UGa fans did not expect a miracle every year and were realistic about their possibilities. He would just mope along for a couple years and then find a Hershel Walker or somebody similar and have a couple great years....the back to 7-4 or 8-3.

Times have changed, expectations have changed and of course the game changed when Nick moved to the SEC. Just bad timing for Les, Gus and Richt to be coaching in the SEC in this era. JMO

Since Nick moved to the SEC? I guess all SEC coaches should bow down to the almighty? Besides he was here before at LSU, backed into title there and two at UA....I think Nick is an awesome coach but not some game changer for the SEC...jmo tho

Since Nick moved to the SEC? I guess all SEC coaches should bow down to the almighty? Besides he was here before at LSU, backed into title there and two at UA....I think Nick is an awesome coach but not some game changer for the SEC...jmo tho

No need to bow down to him...but fans at several schools demand (?) that their coach match his record....and beat him half the time....or out they go....at least that seems to be what's going on these days.

I don't get all the Richt love I'm seeing around. He brought the hoodlum attitude with him from FSU to UGA, both on the field and off. His teams have led the nation in arrests, players getting kicked off and so forth.

He talks a good game, then encourages his players to taunt opponents, etc. I wouldn't want him anywhere near Auburn.

I don't get all the Richt love I'm seeing around. He brought the hoodlum attitude with him from FSU to UGA, both on the field and off. His teams have led the nation in arrests, players getting kicked off and so forth.

He talks a good game, then encourages his players to taunt opponents, etc. I wouldn't want him anywhere near Auburn.

Some coaches kick 'em off the team...others suspend them half a game....but at least we could reunite him with some his former players ;D

I don't see why anyone thinks he would be interested in Auburn. He's still young enough and has a resume with lots of success on it; he's not desperate for a job. I cannot envision why he would want to come and work for Gus Malzahn and Rhett Lashlee. If we had a HC vacancy, I could see him being interested. I think he wants to get back to being more involved in coaching, like he was in his earlier seasons, I do not think he's interested in being anyone's assistant.

I don't see why anyone thinks he would be interested in Auburn. He's still young enough and has a resume with lots of success on it; he's not desperate for a job. I cannot envision why he would want to come and work for Gus Malzahn and Rhett Lashlee. If we had a HC vacancy, I could see him being interested. I think he wants to get back to being more involved in coaching, like he was in his earlier seasons, I do not think he's interested in being anyone's assistant.

I think most are making this suggestion based on his press conference comments about getting back to a more hands on role....so he may be open to an onfield position vs a HC position

I have a lit of respect for Vince, he is a fine man, but he was never the coach that Richt was. What success he had before the Walker years was primarily because they did not have to contend with playing against the Bear every year. Good three year run while Walker was there, then basically right back to mediocrity again. As another poster said, if Vince had been held to todays standard as Richt was, he would not have lasted near as long as he did.

I agee 100%, if you watched how his teams performed on the field and not his pressers, you can see his coaching style. Not a fan.

Some coaches kick 'em off the team...others suspend them half a game....but at least we could reunite him with some his former players ;D

haha this made me laugh

Yep. He and bubby the great are both such great christians who ran thug asylums on and off the field.

Archived