Richt Fired

PigskinPat

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Ray Goff available?

Yep but making to much money owning Zaxby's. A little side note one of Goff's daughters attended Auburn

I knew several players that played under Goff. His staff would routinely disguise their calls so Goff wouldn't know what was actually being sent in to the players on the field. Kind of funny. Wayne McDuffie was a great coach btw. Sad story.

The UGA power boys clearly wanted a change and obviously they were just waiting to pounce. Great run MR had by almost any standard. He'll land on his feet nicely I'd imagine.

Is Ray Goff available?

Yep but making to much money owning Zaxby's. A little side note one of Goff's daughters attended Auburn

Think he gave the Auburn Zaxbys to her didn't he? and it paid for tuition and beer money. I heard that somewhere.

The UGA power boys clearly wanted a change and obviously they were just waiting to pounce. Great run MR had by almost any standard. He'll land on his feet nicely I'd imagine.

Miami?

Any one have any word on the qb out of Washington. Richt flew up and over after he beat us to assure him he would be back next year. Wonder if richt really believed that? Hopefully the kid feels deceived and heads elsewhere.

Any scuttlebutt.

Any one have any word on the qb out of Washington. Richt flew up and over after he beat us to assure him he would be back next year. Wonder if richt really believed that? Hopefully the kid feels deceived and heads elsewhere.

Any scuttlebutt.

Jacob Eason. I haven't heard anything but I don't believe we were on his radar and I don't think he was on ours either.

Miami?

If he wants it, I don't think they'd pass him up.

I don't get the enthusiasm about trying to get Rocker back. Aside from one year of Nick Fairley his players here didn't do any better than Garner's. His D-line at UGA was entirely underwhelming in spite of all-world talent. Unless Gus thinks Rocker is a must-have for some reason there's no apparent benefit to Rocker coming back.

Any scuttlebutt.

There was never any deception. If Richt is nothing else, he is a man of integrity. The Eason's (his father Tony played QB at Illinois and in the NFL) have been asked repeatedly what effect a change at UGA could have on where Jacob would go since the Florida game. He has been fairly steadfast in his commitment up to this point and has been helping the recruiting effort for this class. The only hint of doubt has come from Tony in an interview a couple of weeks ago...at that time the answer was if a new staff brought a new style of offense it would not make sense for him to stay committed.

Richt is so loyal that he will coach the bowl game. UGA has hinted that he could stay on in a capacity other than head coach. It would not surprise me to see him do just that and help keep the '16 class in tact. I'm telling you, his integrity is impeccable.

Watching the press conference... Have a lot of respect for him. Said he would love to coach again especially in a more hands on role like a qb coach. Should we offer???

Any scuttlebutt.

There was never any deception. If Richt is nothing else, he is a man of integrity. The Eason's (his father Tony played QB at Illinois and in the NFL) have been asked repeatedly what effect a change at UGA could have on where Jacob would go since the Florida game. He has been fairly steadfast in his commitment up to this point and has been helping the recruiting effort for this class. The only hint of doubt has come from Tony in an interview a couple of weeks ago...at that time the answer was if a new staff brought a new style of offense it would not make sense for him to stay committed.

Richt is so loyal that he will coach the bowl game. UGA has hinted that he could stay on in a capacity other than head coach. It would not surprise me to see him do just that and help keep the '16 class in tact. I'm telling you, his integrity is impeccable.

Did not mean to imply Richt deceived. Heck...a new deal was approved so I am sure Eason knew Richts word was solid..plus he had just beaten us...again!. I meant more from his appeal to UGA and the fact he may have some slight toward school and possibly how CR was done.

I was driving today and got to listen to 10am press conference. CMR made the comment when he spoke with Eason he also told him to keep his options open. CMR did not sound like someone that was already sold on staying in the "position" he does not even know what it entails....

pretty sure he didn't see this coming....

But he did say no one would be recruiting next 14 days...has to help us out...

But he did say no one would be recruiting next 14 days...has to help us out...

Absolutely correct. I can't imagine we aren't circling hard for most of their commits. As stated previously there is not mutual interest between Eason & Auburn, our offense is not suited to him.

I don't get the enthusiasm about trying to get Rocker back. Aside from one year of Nick Fairley his players here didn't do any better than Garner's. His D-line at UGA was entirely underwhelming in spite of all-world talent. Unless Gus thinks Rocker is a must-have for some reason there's no apparent benefit to Rocker coming back.

I've heard that Malzahn is going to let Muschamp make any personnel changes he thinks need to be made.

Wow!, I grew up in Auburn, but have lived in GA for 28 of the last 32 years, the delusion over here from the fan base and the media is unbelievable. I hope this blows up in their face. I don't give a damn what Spurrier thinks, if anyone at South Carolina has a brain they will extend an offer to Richt today. He is by far the best coach they have ever had in Athens,and it's not even close.

I'd be ecstatic if Richt was our QB coach LOL. I'll keep dreaming though

Heck, move Gus back to OC and make Richt Head Coach - that would flip all the pundits to have a HC drop down to OC at the same school and hire a rival HC to be their own! I think Gus would do better as a OC (although I am fine with him as HC).

Wow!, I grew up in Auburn, but have lived in GA for 28 of the last 32 years, the delusion over here from the fan base and the media is unbelievable. I hope this blows up in their face. I don't give a damn what Spurrier thinks, if anyone at South Carolina has a brain they will extend an offer to Richt today. He is by far the best coach they have ever had in Athens,and it's not even close.

Spurrier just liked to jerk the bulldog's chain. At this point in both former coaches' careers, Richt is probably a step up for the Gamecocks. JMO

Spurrier just liked to jerk the bulldog's chain. At this point in both former coaches' careers, Richt is probably a step up for the Gamecocks. JMO

how funny would that be....ugly could not buy a win most years vs spurrier...what if MR went to USCe....and whippped them most years...boy that would sure offset the pain and agony I take from most of the ugly fans each year.

that fan base is clueless..

anyone taken a look at uga's home schedule next year? how in the world they sell tickets amazes me.

Archived