Sean White status

au701948

Wait....

I thought the early prognosis was a torn ligament or something, and that if SW could play through the pain he would not cause any more damage (to that injury).

I was under the impression that surgery was imminent after the season. to fix this "tear".

Am I way off here?

This is what I'd heard. A torn ligament that he could TECHNICALLY play on, but would have to tough out the pain. Looked like he tried, but he was basically having to learn how to throw again. Honestly I'd rather just let him heal and not let him develop bad habits playing hurt.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was there ever an announce ment on the actual injury....?

All I heard was , " tweaked knee, banged up, twisted knee, not healthy"

I do not rememeber if it was an official announcement, someone in the know on this board, or a random guy at the computer making it up. Just remember reading it not long after he got hurt. I believed it to be true.

Just pay attention to PTB up above about anything medical related. If it's not from him take it with a grain of salt.

2 injuries. 1 knee (brace) 1 foot (boot). Foot needs time. Knee needs time and maybe a scope.. Opinions forthcoming whether he will be available for bowl. Right now those in the know think he will play. Hope that helps.

Why wait this long for the scope?

These things get chased down with MRIs until the knee heals up on its own or you go in to repair or clean the knee up.

Also, to answer another poster, the staff gave out the diagnosis of "knee sprain" after the Arkansas game. That diagnosis has not changed.

Wait....

I thought the early prognosis was a torn ligament or something, and that if SW could play through the pain he would not cause any more damage (to that injury).

I was under the impression that surgery was imminent after the season. to fix this "tear".

Am I way off here?

He wouldn't have dressed out at all if that was the case. He was dressed out in every game after the initial injury unless I missed it.

I can't imagine a way they'd ever ask him to stand around with gear on if he had a torn ligament. He would've had surgery immediately, I assume.

There is one small "useless" ligament in the knee that a lot of players play with it torn if they can take the pain. I am not a doctor so I couldn't even guess at which one.

Was there ever an announce ment on the actual injury....?

All I heard was , " tweaked knee, banged up, twisted knee, not healthy"

I do not rememeber if it was an official announcement, someone in the know on this board, or a random guy at the computer making it up. Just remember reading it not long after he got hurt. I believed it to be true.

Just pay attention to PTB up above about anything medical related. If it's not from him take it with a grain of salt.

Good to know who is in the know. Thanks.

2 injuries. 1 knee (brace) 1 foot (boot). Foot needs time. Knee needs time and maybe a scope.. Opinions forthcoming whether he will be available for bowl. Right now those in the know think he will play. Hope that helps.

These things get chased down with MRIs until the knee heals up on its own or you go in to repair or clean the knee up.

Also, to answer another poster, the staff gave out the diagnosis of "knee sprain" after the Arkansas game. That diagnosis has not changed.

Thanks for clearing it up.

Thanks for the info, as always, ptb.

passthebiscuits,

Do you know if both injuries happened in the same game, or did the foot happen because White wasn't mobile enough to get away from SEC defenders in a later game?

Sounds good but I doubt he gets the start

Not starting if he's healthy? Cmon now

That would be hard to accept....and he has a month to get healthy....and it would be good for SW to play a game again when he is healthy and able to perform at full strength. Hate for his last memory of this season to be the Georgia game.

Context is important with humor.

That would be hard to accept....and he has a month to get healthy....and it would be good for SW to play a game again when he is healthy and able to perform at full strength. Hate for his last memory of this season to be the Georgia game.

That golf said it is all the context one needs.

I might have caught the sarcasm if I was drinking a beer looking at cheerleaders :dunno:

Sarcasm guys

I hope you are here all da off season. It gets boring.

I might have caught the sarcasm if I was drinking a beer looking at cheerleaders :dunno:

:laugh:

Yep. What would golf do?

We should all always already be drinking beer and looking at cheerleaders.

There was one camera guy who had the right idea during the IB, though I don't think it was the real cheerleaders ....

Sarcasm guys

Missed the sarcasm but not playing him when he is "healthy" depends on the definition of healthy and coaches might have different interpretations of what "healthy" means. JMO and from years of observation, when a guy is hobbling around right after an injury with a big brace on, he's not healthy. No point in taking any chances with the guy...."healthy" or not.

Heck, I thought the sarcasm part was you saying "he has a month to get healthy".

Guess it depends on what you mean by "healthy" - he should be healthy now for that matter. But, while I don't know any more medical details than anyone else, his knee won't be 100% in just a month.

I'm not sure when the foot injury occured to be honest...I would be purely speculating.

I believe it was two separate injuries.

Thanks.

There is an al.com article(yeah, I know, al.com) that I linked in another thread that said he injured the foot in the 2nd half against OM. WDE also said (I think) that he hurt it against OM.

Added the link. It's from that ahole crepa. Trust me, it states he "suffered a second undisclosed injury in the 2nd half vs. OM". Hit the link if you must.

al.comlink verifying swinjury in 2nd half of OM game otherwise I would not link from this site

On local radio this morning they were discussing JJ and SW both transferring and acting as if they had read this somewhere. Has anyone seen an article or write up?

This would be hard to believe, especially about SW. If both were to transfer, that would guarantee the starting QB for next year will be a first time starter in the SEC. It could happen anyway, but it would put us behind. Thank goodness the QB's coming in are EEs if this actually happens.

JJ I can see but Sean? I know that they're bringing in one JC and one HS DT QB but he has played and that gives him a leg up. I would at least wait until a decision is made before leaving. He'll have to sit unless he dropped down a level.

On local radio this morning they were discussing JJ and SW both transferring and acting as if they had read this somewhere. Has anyone seen an article or write up?

I would hate to see SW go and the radio talk is probably silly speculation, but if the quotes from RL in the JF3 article are true and heartfelt and rl is back next year (sigh) who the heck could blame any pocket passer for transferring?

I would hate to see SW go and the radio talk is probably silly speculation, but if the quotes from RL in the JF3 article are true and heartfelt and rl is back next year (sigh) who the heck could blame any pocket passer for transferring?

They probably read the thread on Rant...said JJ was transferring and had screenshots from Rivals but nothing about SW.

Archived