Question about AU & draft projections

BamaGrad03

I see some draft boards have McNeill a possible first rounder...or early 2nd. Is that about right? I guess it has to be or he wouldnt leave early. But if he goes in the 1st, that means AU will send 4 guys in the 1st round. Thats pretty impressive.

Does JC go in the mid rounds? What about Eddins?

IMO, I don't think Eddins gets drafted...I think if he does, he goes real late...I would love for him to go high because he is one of my favorite, but I somehow don't see that happening.

I think JC goes mid rounds. You know, Tom Brady was a very late pick and look how he has done. I think JC will be a Tom Brady type QB, one that goes mid-late rounds and becomes a big time QB...

BTW, I think McNeill will turn pro. I hope he doesn't because we could sure use him next year. If he does go pro, he will be a 1st rounder...

Has McNeill declared? I think JC, although not a sure-fire NFL prospect, will be a 2-4 rounder, since there is so little QB talent in the NFL right now. As for Eddins, I just don't think he has the speed.

Mel Kiper has JC listed as the #3 QB. Doesn't include any undergrads, that I know of. But, I'd have to think that an Alex Smith or a Matt Leinart would be drafted pretty high, too.

ESPN

It's an insider article, but you can read the top paragraph.

I agree with Taxman, I think JC goes in the 2-4 rounds.

McNeil hasn't declared - but BG, I did see one projection which had him going to the Texans in the 1st round. He has good size and speed, and his back hasn't bothered him this year. OL with those abilities are at a premium in the NFL. I would break down our draft prospects in this manner:

1st Round - Carnell, Ronnie, McNeil (if he declares), maybe Carlos

2nd Round - Carlos (if he doesn't go 1st)

5-7th Rounds - Ratliff, Campbell, maybe Rosegreen, maybe Lindsey

Undrafted Free Agents - Eddins, Slaughter, Langenfield, S. Daniels, Phillip Yost

Going on to pursue other opportunities - Derrick Graves, Bret Holliman, Jeremy Ingle, Sam Rives, Mayo Sowell, Donnay Young

Yost may just based on his ability to kick through the end zone - most NFL teams have a kickoff only kicker now . .

Kiper predicted Campbell to go in the late 2nd or early 3rd round. I hope that McNeil will stay but if he can go in the first round I would not blame him.

I think Ingle has a shot of making a team..intelligence goes a long way as a lineman (sounds backwards, but it's true).

I'm a philadelphia eagles fan and I would absolutely love it if Ronnie was still around in the late first round. Don't think it's gonna happen though.

:au:

My Draft picks for Auburn go like this.

1. Carlos Rogers

2. Ronnie Brown

3. Carnell "Cadillac" Williams

And if he is lucky and the is soem NFL team out there that needs a kicker. Yost.

Of course I am sure that more of our seniors will get picked up by NFL teams, but as for the tops Rogers, Brown, Willams go in the first round.

:au:

carlos is going to be that guy who just keeps rising on the draft board. i'd bet my apartment on that. if he runs at combines, he'll blow pretty much every other db off the charts. the man can fly. he, carnell, and ronnie are first round locks. marcus is going to slip a little when teams get to look him over b/c back problems like he had just don't go away overnight. it really would benefit him to come back and prove once and for all that it is not an issue. if you don't think past injuries can hurt you, just ask demarco. he was listed as a 2nd round guy and didn't even get drafted b/c of his knees.

jason is going to go first day. i've said that since mid-season. he's going to impress people with his offensive knowledge (ie. he'll finally get to benefit from having 200 coordinators). danny has a shot at late rounds. junior has a shot, but his size is going to detract from him. i still think he's going to be this year's spencer johnson, undrafted to major playing time. jay is another guy like that. he could get picked up, but he's only played tackle for one year. he reminds me of a poor man's corey simon (from fsu i think). should be a fun year for auburn fans to watch the draft though.

Archived