JSU QB Eli Jenkins

McLoofus

No I'm just going to let this sit there and people see how funny you are

I chose to do the same, Cole. There's no arguing against deep down stupid. Ignore prefs are much easier on the soul.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I chose to do the same, Cole. There's no arguing against deep down stupid. Ignore prefs are much easier on the soul.

Doesn't work with those that argue with half the board and therefore constantly get quoted. Still have to read it anyways.

Doesn't work with those that argue with half the board and therefore constantly get quoted. Still have to read it anyways.

Loof have you ever noticed how this one particular guy is ALWAYS talking yet you rarely see anybody ever talk to him? It's like he's the dude in the sixth sense. Nobody ever acknowledges him, ask his opinion, participates in discussions with him but he is always carrying on these conversations that nobody else is having....It's weird

Cole,

I'm not going to argue with someone who says they have personally seen something, cause that doesn't seem smart on my part; I wasn't there and I like to think you wouldn't just make something up. All I can say is, as a tactic, it seems dumb and I would be surprised if any coach at the FBS level or even FCS level tried it. (If I need to explain why I can.) That's why I highly doubt Gus or anyone else worth their salary made such promises. Again, not saying you're lying, just trying to state my position a little more clearly.

Since he has decided to stay can this thread be moved. It will be one less thread where two or three people just argue back an forth for two or three pages.

Cole,

I'm not going to argue with someone who says they have personally seen something, cause that doesn't seem smart on my part; I wasn't there and I like to think you wouldn't just make something up. All I can say is, as a tactic, it seems dumb and I would be surprised if any coach at the FBS level or even FCS level tried it. (If I need to explain why I can.) That's why I highly doubt Gus or anyone else worth their salary made such promises. Again, not saying you're lying, just trying to state my position a little more clearly.

Hey bro, it's cool. You're certainly entitled to your opinion. As far as playing time though just think how many times your heart a recruit say something like coach said he thinks I can come in and compete for a starting job immediately, or coach think I can help with this particular area right away...that's selling playing time. You know how they negative recruit Alabama? You'll have to wait at least two years before seeing the field with them, we need you right now. Remember Evans? But yeah I'm not taking offense, I understand

Cole,

Hey bro, it's cool. You're certainly entitled to your opinion. As far as playing time though just think how many times your heart a recruit say something like coach said he thinks I can come in and compete for a starting job immediately, or coach think I can help with this particular area right away...that's selling playing time. You know how they negative recruit Alabama? You'll have to wait at least two years before seeing the field with them, we need you right now. Remember Evans? But yeah I'm not taking offense, I understand

Well that makes sense. I totally get selling playing time. Like "coach thinks I can play right away"; to me that's basically the coach telling the kid he has the potential to play right away if he works real hard and such. That's different than guaranteeing playing time or a starting job, which I felt was being implied. If not then we pretty much agree lol

Yeah, Im deep down stupid. Im glad this Jenkins kid saw the light. He's a good FCS player..I'll give him that. His time at Auburn had a big ole chance of being spent as a cheerleader from the sidelines. My guess is his performance against NDSU was a valuable reminder to him that the level of competition behind the OVC and the SEC might be bigger than he had originally imagined because of the game he had against Auburn early in the year. Best of luck to him and I hope they win a CS next season

If Eli is giving Auburn a lot of considering, then Gus needs open the door wider and welcome him to the AU Family. If we let Eli slip away to say uat, uga or another SEC team, we will pay for it.

If Eli is giving Auburn a lot of considering, then Gus needs open the door wider and welcome him to the AU Family. If we let Eli slip away to say uat, uga or another SEC team, we will pay for it.

He's staying.

Archived