JSU QB Eli Jenkins

McLoofus

Just to those using this game as an indictment on his usefulness. If NDSU handles JSU highhandedly, then does that mean that NDSU is just THAT much better than Auburn is, or is Eli having an off game, if it is the latter then I'd probably avoid having such a rush to judgement.

I've got to tell you, I'm glad Auburn didn't play NDSU the second game of the 2015 season.

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just to those using this game as an indictment on his usefulness. If NDSU handles JSU highhandedly, then does that mean that NDSU is just THAT much better than Auburn is, or is Eli having an off game, if it is the latter then I'd probably avoid having such a rush to judgement.

I've got to tell you, I'm glad Auburn didn't play NDSU the second game of the 2015 season.

Glad we didn't play then at all.

Jax can't get NDST off the field....not just Jenkins that's having a bad day....Pope has about 40 yards....and on the other side, their defense is being pushed around and I bet the game ends up with ND having about 40 minutes of ball possession. NDST is just a much better team IMO....sometimes it's that simple...

Agreed.

People tend to forget these things, not to really take a jab at anyone because it does happen, but just as a word of caution because many a good player has been snubbed because of such narrow thinking.

People also tend to make invalid comparisons. All it probably means is that NDSU in it's 15h game of the season "could" be better than Auburn was in it's 1st game of the season. But better than AU now ? No

The discussion of whether the JSU QB is good enough to play in the SEC is a separate issue. I think he is and would also welcome him giving it a try.

My point in saying that is not to say that NDSU is better than Auburn.... What I am saying is that they're doing what Auburn failed to do, so if that is the case, then maybe instead of saying "Player is not good as advertised" there could be a possibility of him having an off game. It's basically just my way of employing the Socratic method to have people consider the possibilities rather than making rash assertions.

Oh I saw the trickeration you were using on them, lol. But to the actual subject of the QB play in this game, I don't even think he is having that bad up to this point in the game. The difference in the game so far is that the JSU defense is having a problem with the NDSU offense. The 4th quarter is just starting and JSU still has a chance but they have to get going here.

Jax can't get NDST off the field....not just Jenkins that's having a bad day....Pope has about 40 yards....and on the other side, their defense is being pushed around and I bet the game ends up with ND having about 40 minutes of ball possession. NDST is just a much better team IMO....sometimes it's that simple...

Agreed.

People tend to forget these things, not to really take a jab at anyone because it does happen, but just as a word of caution because many a good player has been snubbed because of such narrow thinking.

People also tend to make invalid comparisons. All it probably means is that NDSU in it's 15h game of the season "could" be better than Auburn was in it's 1st game of the season. But better than AU now ? No

The discussion of whether the JSU QB is good enough to play in the SEC is a separate issue. I think he is and would also welcome him giving it a try.

My point in saying that is not to say that NDSU is better than Auburn.... What I am saying is that they're doing what Auburn failed to do, so if that is the case, then maybe instead of saying "Player is not good as advertised" there could be a possibility of him having an off game. It's basically just my way of employing the Socratic method to have people consider the possibilities rather than making rash assertions.

Oh I saw the trickeration you were using on them, lol. But to the actual subject of the QB play in this game, I don't even think he is having "that" bad of a game. The difference in the game so far is more that the JSU defense is having a problem with the NDSU offense. Its the 4th quarter and JSU still has a chance but they have to get going here.

Yep, both of these are logical and true. For people to blame this on a QB every time is a part of the short-sighted nature of college football fan-bases that need to go away. Too many issues with the player's mental health and psychology happen because of this. A clear example would be JJ's collapse.

But I definitely agree with both of these. Time of possession right now for NDSU is almost double JSUs. The offense can't even get into a rhythm and the bread and butter inside Zone read that Coach Grass loves is getting muffed 75% of the time for no gain to even a loss.

Bad move by Jenkins....swinging that ball around....asking for it to be knocked away. Got a major break with that ING

you're not serious are you? You cant compare games like that. Memphis beat Ole Miss and Ole Miss beat Bama does that mean Memphis is that much better than Bama? Come on dude. Jenkins will waste a year watching from the sidelines if he transfers to Auburn and it makes no difference if NDSU is better than Auburn or not.

Yeah, Flex, you're smarter than that.

Auburn went into the game in a bad place when they played JSU. They weren't mentally ready and there was a lot of crap going on on top of their belief they could just walk over JSU

JSU went into this game with championship aspirations.

Apples to oranges buddy

you're not serious are you? You cant compare games like that. Memphis beat Ole Miss and Ole Miss beat Bama does that mean Memphis is that much better than Bama? Come on dude. Dude will waste a year watching from the sidelines if he transfers to Auburn and it makes no difference if NDSU is better than Auburn or not.

Yeah, I am pretty sure he was being facetious and just making a point on jumping to conclusions too soon off a small sample size is not wise.

'

you're not serious are you? You cant compare games like that. Memphis beat Ole Miss and Ole Miss beat Bama does that mean Memphis is that much better than Bama? Come on dude. Dude will waste a year watching from the sidelines if he transfers to Auburn and it makes no difference if NDSU is better than Auburn or not.

Yeah, I am pretty sure he was being facetious and just making a point on jumping to conclusions too soon of a small sample size is not wise.

Thank you.

I appreciate you understanding what I was getting at. Might have been a bit too esoteric a concept to use for some.

Yeah, I am pretty sure he was being facetious and just making a point on jumping to conclusions too soon of a small sample size is not wise.

Yeah...but we do that all the time with a sample size of ONE....consider one good game as a "trend" or one bad game as an indictment.

'

Thank you.

I appreciate you understanding what I was getting at. Might have been a bit too esoteric a concept to use for some.

There nothing esoteric about using that kind of lame logic trying to justify a players abilities. He has looked mediocre at best. Im almost certain that kid will not transfer to Auburn. If he does he's gotten some really bad advice. With all due respect, the last thing Auburn needs is another mediocre QB.

Yeah...but we do that all the time with a sample size of ONE....consider one good game as a "trend" or one bad game as an indictment.

You are right, we do tend to do that. Majority of us did that with JJ because of the Arkansas game. That played out well.

'

Thank you.

There nothing esoteric about using that kind of lame logic trying to justify a players abilities. He has looked mediocre at best. Im almost certain that kid will not transfer to Auburn. If he does he's gotten some really bad advice. With all due respect, the last thing Auburn needs is another mediocre QB.

So, I guess it is safe to assume that SW sucks because if you just watched him off the Memphis game, the general consensus would be that he is a marginal QB at best. That is Flex's point. You can't base everything off one bad game. One bad game does not minimize his complete 2015 season body of work.

'

Thank you.

There nothing esoteric about using that kind of lame logic trying to justify a players abilities. He has looked mediocre at best. Im almost certain that kid will not transfer to Auburn. If he does he's gotten some really bad advice.

The thing is....all of this "transfer" stuff originated on this board by a bunch of folks who apparently have no idea whatsoever about whether Jenkins would even have an interest. All BS and conversation ....nothing real.

Auburn went into the game in a bad place when they played JSU. They weren't mentally ready and there was a lot of crap going on on top of their belief they could just walk over JSU

Apples to oranges buddy

I'll simply leave this here...

However, to address your post if I was making this assertion in all seriousness, it can be argued that JSU went into this game in the same mindset as Auburn did with JSU. There has been a lot of hype placed around the program going into this game, and I'm seeing a lot of collapse within the offensive line prematurely. Though at the same time you have a valid point with that. And I'm definitely not claiming that NDSU is better than AU. I really don't think that in college football in a single division. You can narrow things down to which team is just "better" but at the same time there are so many factors that go into a single game that even a better team shouldn't even be 50% more likely to win if the other team has prepared correctly.

You are right, we do tend to do that. Majority of us did that with JJ because of the Arkansas game. That played out well.

And therein lies to problem. Especially with CFB.... Too many assumptions that can ultimately sink an entire program if those in charge succumb to fan pressure, which as happened several times.

'

Thank you.

Well the Socratic method definitely isn't lame logic, that's very subjective of a statement, but in what you're doing right here in this single game is basically the reason that I made that statement. I'm definitely not in favor of him transferring to Auburn because there are too many question marks surrounding it, but to call him mediocre, especially when you can see that the offensive line has been collapsing all throughout this game and messing up the rhythm and timing of this offense, which I can say first hand is almost integral is a HUGE oversight.

He did not show a lot this game...poor decisions, poor accuracy, not seeing the field well. They took away his strength - zone read. But I think the coaches could have tried a new wrinkle here or there. Jenkins could start at AU, but personally I would stay at JSU where he is the starter without question.

Apples to oranges buddy

I'll simply leave this here...

However, to address your post if I was making this assertion in all seriousness, it can be argued that JSU went into this game in the same mindset as Auburn did with JSU. There has been a lot of hype placed around the program going into this game, and I'm seeing a lot of collapse within the offensive line prematurely. Though at the same time you have a valid point with that. And I'm definitely not claiming that NDSU is better than AU. I really don't think that in college football in a single division. You can narrow things down to which team is just "better" but at the same time there are so many factors that go into a single game that even a better team shouldn't even be 50% more likely to win if the other team has prepared correctly.

Why would JSU go into this championship game with the same mindset that we did when we played JSU?

North Dakota State is the Alabama of the FCS and there is no way JSU could overlook them. On the other hand, we expected to run over JSU.

Archived