Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

6 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I think there is a huge crossover between the metal crowd and Rush fans. 

Neil Peart... what can you say. 

Neil Peart:bow:

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

If you feel like makin' love, you're honestly better off just playing Feel Like Makin' Love. And I don't think Bad Company has gotten many guys laid this century. 

I confess this sin..........every date required me to own one cassette of Duran Duran...........not my choice, however quite effective parking music?..........you could hear my Polk Audios rejecting it.

My first car audio system........Jensen 8trak, Realistic power boost, Mindblower 6x9's...........can I get an AMEN?

Edited by kevon67
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

47 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

I confess this sin..........every date required me to own one cassette of Duran Duran...........not my choice, however quite effective parking music?..........you could hear my Polk Audios rejecting it.

My first car audio system........Jensen 8trak, Realistic power boost, Mindblower 6x9's...........can I get an AMEN?

Don’t get me started on car stereo stuff...?

23 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Don’t get me started on car stereo stuff...?

My first amp was a Yamaha 50/50......................graduation gift to myself were 2 Carver amps......Bob Carver was a genius...........last amp purchase was 3 Audison Lrx amps........11 years later still going strong.?

Love the Audison amps, however I really want a couple of Butler tube amps.........Have 2 US amps hybrid tube in truck.......amazing warmth.

Edited by kevon67
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Well played by both.

Any Mobile Mardi Gras experience? Enough to understand the term "bead whipped?"

Mother quit taking when I was 9............had my hand stomped over beads.............been twice as an adult.............have attended a few balls........none since 1996

• Thanks 1

Has anyone seen Modest Mouse lately? Debating on pulling the trigger on some tickets in July. 

Footnote: I’ve never seen MM live, but am a very big fan of Moon and Antarctica, Lonesome Cowboy West. 

On 4/27/2018 at 2:16 PM, AUld fAUx@ said:

TGI the week's ~done.

I'll soon run out of favorites from these guys to post w./o repeating.

I post this "live recording" (jumbo shrimp, in a sense) version, despite the crowd noise, 'cause I like the guests sitting in the horn section:

Be safe out there.

Phish covered this entire album a few years back on Halloween. Like Ween and Talking Heads, Phish introduced me to Little Feat. 

• Thanks 1

On 4/27/2018 at 5:13 PM, kevon67 said:

I readily admit to audio envy.

Mine was original-equipment AM (with a slipping belt on the tuner knob) and the in-dash speaker of a used '60 Fairlane.

• Love 1

13 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Phish covered this entire album a few years back on Halloween. Like Ween and Talking Heads, Phish introduced me to Little Feat. 

Very cool.

Found it on youtube and will check it out. Any advice on particular cuts to start with?

Many thanks.

42 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

I readily admit to audio envy.

Mine was original-equipment AM (with a slipping belt on the tuner knob) and the in-dash speaker of a used '60 Fairlane.

I must admit auto envy.........my first vehicle 72 Buick Skylark?

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

I must admit auto envy.........my first vehicle 72 Buick Skylark?

Well, I could comfortably stretch out in the back seat without bending my knees (only 6'2"), but had to negotiate the damn' thing through Bankhead Tunnel with Mobile drivers coming' the other way. 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

Well, I could comfortably stretch out in the back seat without bending my knees (only 6'2"), but had to negotiate the damn' thing through Bankhead Tunnel with Mobile drivers coming' the other way. 

I could not sit in the back of mine or any other 2 door...... claustrophobic in a bad way lol.

Throughout my early years had a hate/love relationship with the Bankhead Tunnel.........started out curling up fetal position back floor board.....graduated to holding my breath ?

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

I could not sit in the back of mine or any other 2 door...... claustrophobic in a bad way lol.

Throughout my early years had a hate/love relationship with the Bankhead Tunnel.........started out curling up fetal position back floor board.....graduated to holding my breath ?

Gotta (at least, sort of a) bud that closes his eyes and holds his breath across the new Cochrane Bridge. He's not looking forward to the new I-10 interchange.

Stay strong.

• Thanks 1

On 4/27/2018 at 11:04 AM, AUld fAUx@ said:

Sorry I missed the conversation last night, and

my time on this thread has convinced me that I'm a bit ignorant as to does and does not constitute "Metal," but 

do the guys at least fit into the period of y'all's heyday?

Amazed how they could fill a huge space with just three of them (and, of course, a few amps).

Anyone know what this song is trying to say?

• Thanks 1