Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

My local station (bless their hearts) recently reminded me of this good cover.

'Course I don't think even Ms. James can do the "Baby" part (Rudy Huxtable arpeggio??) like the earlier Raelette (? Margie Hendrix)

Good Evening

Edits

Edited by AUld fAUx@
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

9 hours ago, AUDub said:

Poppier than their usual fare. 

but Don't Panic

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

but Don't Panic

Never. I have in my possession the most massively useful thing any interstellar hitchhiker can carry. 

79130487-crumpled-yellow-towel-lies-on-t

• Like 1

Of more recent vintage than many of my posts, but

when it comes over the air (as it did today), I find it an irresistible sing-along

Happy Tuesday all.

My calendar for the rest of the week looks like

WTF

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

My calendar for the rest of the week looks like

WTF

Still spinning the tune provided but did not have the patience to wait before commending this fine bit of wordwork. Bravo, my friend. 

• Thanks 1

This is about as close to a super group as you can get in hard rock/metal.   Jeff Scott Soto - Vocals, Ron "Bumblefoot" Thal on guitar, Billy Sheehan on Bass, Derek Sherinian on keyboard and Mike Portnoy on Drums.    SONS OF APOLLO

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Rob Halford is back with Judas Priest and a new album: FIREPOWER.  The first song released from it is LIGHTNING STRIKE.   This entire album is absolutely terrific if you are a fan of metal.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WarTiger said:

Rob Halford is back with Judas Priest and a new album: FIREPOWER.  The first song released from it is LIGHTNING STRIKE.   This entire album is absolutely terrific if you are a fan of metal.

\m/

41 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

1. The RnR HoF is now inducting songs. Sensible 1st ever class of inductees IMO.

2. Link Wray, in this performance, looks *exactly* like the guy I want to imagine playing this song. I did not know this until I watched this video.

Holy s***. That’s what cool looks like.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

1. The RnR HoF is now inducting songs. Sensible 1st ever class of inductees IMO.

2. Link Wray, in this performance, looks *exactly* like the guy I want to imagine playing this song. I did not know this until I watched this video.

and thanks; can't hardly argue with the list.

Tempted to post the Steppenwulf cut, but I've already done it, like 3 times already?

• Like 1

Just now, AUld fAUx@ said:

Tempted to post the Steppenwulf cut, but I've already done it, like 3 times already?

I think you meant to say "only" instead of "already". We'll wait.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tiger Refuge said:

No, not at all. 

I’d also edit to add, that’s what badazz sounds like. 

Agreed. We are all cooler for having heard those sounds. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

I think you meant to say "only" instead of "already". We'll wait.

"Today is not that day!" [I think I got that right? Aragorn in the 3rd Tolkien-Trilogy movie?]

but they also applied some artistry to downsides

Warning - Sad Music:

Aside - 

Magic Carpet Ride (another serious "upper") has (nearly) always been my favorite.

Edited by AUld fAUx@
punctuation
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AUld fAUx@ said:

"Today is not that day!" [I think I got that right? Aragorn in the 3rd Tolkien-Trilogy movie?]

but they also applied some artistry to downsides

Warning - Sad Music:

Aside - 

Magic Carpet Ride (another serious "upper") has (nearly) always been my favorite.

The Pusher (GD him) and Magic Carpet Ride are easily my favorite songs by them and great songs period. The latter was my gateway from metal to classic rock. Damned near perfect rock song.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, McLoofus said:

The Pusher (GD him) and Magic Carpet Ride are easily my favorite songs by them and great songs period. The latter was my gateway from metal to classic rock. Damned near perfect rock song.

They did some good stuff.

Apparently Karma keeps track of contrariness? After discussing 4 of their songs y'day, a fifth (Hippo Stomp) burrowed into my bottom brain and has been clamoring for attention ever since. Will not repost it now. Will not...