Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

3 minutes ago, cbo said:

My wife loves Leon Bridges. Daughter does too. He's hard not to like, really. 

Leon was (at least partially) discovered and helped by the guitarist from  .... White Denim. Who later left WD with the drummer to join Leon's band. 

It's, like ... all connected, meeehn. 

NGL my two best mates and I were so pissed when they left WD because the band's sound completely changed when they lost those guys... The new drummer just doesn't hold up and the keyboardist does okay but nothing beats two dueling guitarists just shredding IMO.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cbo said:

Woah. I am a huge Sturgill fanboy. Love the Sunday Valley stuff. There is a very good chance I have posted that Sometimes Wine video here. I send it to everybody. Lots of people don't realize what a kickass guitar player Sturgill is. 

Sturgill is the man, maaaaan...  I love all his early stuff. I wish I had the skills on guitar to cover Sometimes Wine, its insane how fast he plays some pretty cool chords.  My buddy and I cover Folded Flag and You Can Have The Crown, as they are much simpler.

I felt obliged to put this in here now, one of my favorite songs to cover and just a great song.

• Love 3

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

Sturgill is the man, maaaaan...  I love all his early stuff. I wish I had the skills on guitar to cover Sometimes Wine, its insane how fast he plays some pretty cool chords.  My buddy and I cover Folded Flag and You Can Have The Crown, as they are much simpler.

Both great songs. I like everything Sturgill does but the first couple albums are my favorites. Got to see him in a small club right after Metamodern, just as he was blowing up. One of the best shows I've seen. He still had Laur Joamets on guitar, speaking of guys who can shred. 

• Love 1

2 minutes ago, Didba said:

I felt obliged to put this in here now, one of my favorite songs to cover and just a great song.

Did you see Post Malone's cover? I honestly don't know much about him, but he did a damn fine job. With Dwight Yoakam's band, which helps. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, Didba said:

I have watched this enough that my wife has asked “ Are you watching that Sturgill Simpson video again?”, lol

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, fredst said:

Ditto. *Really* want to catch him live….

I've been lucky enough to see him three times. Very different each time. Always great. 

He seems to be having real issues with his vocal cords, though. Not holding up for tours. 

• Love 1

1 minute ago, fredst said:

I have watched this enough that my wife has asked “ Are you watching that Sturgill Simpson video again?”, lol

Have to do one more, that you guys have probably seen as well. A personal favorite, though. My favorite iteration of his band. And a cool T Rex reference thrown in. 

• Love 1

2 hours ago, cbo said:

I've been lucky enough to see him three times. Very different each time. Always great. 

He seems to be having real issues with his vocal cords, though. Not holding up for tours. 

Hah, well if he needs help with that I know a guy with 26 year old vocal chords that can sing his songs and would be glad to step in and help a friend out when necessary...

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Didba said:

Hah, well if he needs help with that I know a guy with 26 year old vocal chords that can sing his songs and would be glad to step in and help a friend out when necessary...

I'll be sure to put in a good word. 

I didn’t realize we were going full Sturg in here. That’s what I get for not checking in more often.

Number one fanboy here. I’ve seen him live once. It was immediately following his initial rant about Nashvegas on the Sailor’s Guide tour. His performance at the Saenger in NOLA was lee-freaking-git. 

• Love 3

On 1/15/2022 at 6:40 PM, Tiger Refuge said:

Just came to drop this one off…

I need to listen to more Lukas Nelson. Thanks for sharing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I know I posted this before…but damn.

He is so talented. This has to be the best song ever about murdering someone, lol

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Another band I just stumbled across (that I’m sure everyone else already knows lol). Love this cover(listened to this Tracy Chapman album a lot back in the day):

• Like 2

On 1/13/2022 at 7:08 PM, fredst said:

One my favorite Sturgill songs and videos:

This felt like a statement when it happened. Or maybe a declaration of war. I don't really know how to articulate it. But it really felt like some sort of turning point. 

Dude's got a lot of eff you in him. 

Anybody heard how his throat's doing?

• Love 1