Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

4 minutes ago, fredst said:

I can handle pull out couch in a suite as long as I can still message board interact with you while y’all live the high life in the other room. Considering inviting @Tiger Refugebut might need y’all to break it to him about being little spoon🤔

As long as I’m stirring something up, I’ll be a little spoon.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, fredst said:

Not sure he’s been mentioned before or if anybody but me cares…. Just saw that Dwight Yoakim is playing three dates at Ryman in January. Trying to talk my wife into going. Love me some Dwight…

Well, that's tempting. Have never seen Dwight and I would love to. I might have to make one of these shows. 

• Love 1

35 minutes ago, cbo said:

Well, that's tempting. Have never seen Dwight and I would love to. I might have to make one of these shows. 

Particularly back in the day he put on a very good show. Every album from “Guitars, Cadillacs…” to “This Time” were so good. Dwight is why I dislike Sharon Stone to this day- said dating Dwight was like eating a dirt sandwich lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, fredst said:

Particularly back in the day he put on a very good show. Every album from “Guitars, Cadillacs…” to “This Time” were so good. Dwight is why I dislike Sharon Stone to this day- said dating Dwight was like eating a dirt sandwich lol

That's one dirt sandwich I'm willing to try. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, fredst said:

I can handle pull out couch in a suite as long as I can still message board interact with you while y’all live the high life in the other room. Considering inviting @Tiger Refugebut might need y’all to break it to him about being little spoon🤔

41 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

As long as I’m stirring something up, I’ll be a little spoon.

"Those aren't pillows"

• Haha 3

15 hours ago, fredst said:

Not sure he’s been mentioned before or if anybody but me cares…. Just saw that Dwight Yoakim is playing three dates at Ryman in January. Trying to talk my wife into going. Love me some Dwight…

Love concerts at the Ryman

• Like 1
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, McLoofus said:

You'd really love it now. It's got electricity, plumbing, the works. 

Although the pews haven't changed and my old body feels it after a night there. Looks cool, though. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, cbo said:

Although the pews haven't changed and my old body feels it after a night there. Looks cool, though. 

The Mother Church has to make sure that you know you were in a special place

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, fredst said:

The Mother Church has to make sure that you know you were in a special place

Good for the heart, bad for the ass. 

Just now, cbo said:

Good for the heart, bad for the ass. 

Maybe like Catholic/parochial school. Why I usually stand as much as possible at Ryman though

• Like 1

1 minute ago, fredst said:

Maybe like Catholic/parochial school. Why I usually stand as much as possible at Ryman though

I like sitting, front balcony. With some occasional standing. Hard to go wrong though. 

• Love 1

On 12/4/2021 at 3:19 PM, McLoofus said:

Headed to see Kevn Kinney and Angie Aparo in a bit. Just them, acoustic, trading songs and bullshitting. Right here on the island. Starved for this. 

How was the show?

2 minutes ago, cbo said:

How was the show?

Kevn and Angie were great. Neither the venue nor the folks I was with were, though, lol. I wanted to be the boring music nerd guy listening to every word and note and they had steam to blow off. Only one loser in that situation. But yeah, the boys did a great job up there. Lots of laughs. Lots of good songs. Just wish Kevn hadn't closed with Straight to Hell. That did little to quiet down the frat party that started on my row at some point after set break. (And continued in the passenger seat while I gritted my teeth and drove home.) And the lighting was super weird and the sound mix wasn't great. The venue is an old movie theater and they haven't added any stage lighting. Instead, they had lights at the back that made it look like there was a car parked back there with its headlights shining directly into the performers' eyes. And Angie's vocals were up way too high. Which is particularly problematic given his very high pitched and fully delivered singing. 

Fortunately, compromises were made for that show and not Jason Isbell in a week. Proper venue and if anyone gets a little too boisterous for that one, it will be me. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Kevn and Angie were great. Neither the venue nor the folks I was with were, though, lol. I wanted to be the boring music nerd guy listening to every word and note and they had steam to blow off. Only one loser in that situation. But yeah, the boys did a great job up there. Lots of laughs. Lots of good songs. Just wish Kevn hadn't closed with Straight to Hell. That did little to quiet down the frat party that started on my row at some point after set break. (And continued in the passenger seat while I gritted my teeth and drove home.) And the lighting was super weird and the sound mix wasn't great. The venue is an old movie theater and they haven't added any stage lighting. Instead, they had lights at the back that made it look like there was a car parked back there with its headlights shining directly into the performers' eyes. And Angie's vocals were up way too high. Which is particularly problematic given his very high pitched and fully delivered singing. 

Fortunately, compromises were made for that show and not Jason Isbell in a week. Proper venue and if anyone gets a little too boisterous for that one, it will be me. 

I've been there and it's a bummer. Why go to a show if you're going to talk all the way through it? You can do that at home. 

I have no doubt the Isbell show will come through for you. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, cbo said:

I've been there and it's a bummer. Why go to a show if you're going to talk all the way through it? You can do that at home. 

I have no doubt the Isbell show will come through for you. 

Appreciate you asking about it. And exactly!

• Like 1

Grand old time last night. Apologies for anything redundant to previous posts/experiences. Copied and pasted from a recap I texted to some buddies:

Still buzzing. They've gotten soooo tight as a band, Jason has become a legit guitar ninja, they're starting to do a little more improvisational stuff since last I saw them, and he gave us a killer setlist given that he's touring on the most recent album and not playing a ton of old favorites. McWifey was disappointed that he played four covers, including both the encore songs, but the only one I was meh on was Driver 8. Honeysuckle was great, although Sadler Vaden ain't no 90s Kevn. Brittney Spencer, the opener, came out for the encore and they did It's a Man's World (🔥) and Gimme Shelter (bucket list/rock'n'roll dreams come true). Letting You Go off the new album is a girl dad cry factory. Blah blah dude is operating at peak capacity these days. 

• Love 2

On 12/15/2021 at 10:58 AM, McLoofus said:

Grand old time last night. Apologies for anything redundant to previous posts/experiences. Copied and pasted from a recap I texted to some buddies:

Still buzzing. They've gotten soooo tight as a band, Jason has become a legit guitar ninja, they're starting to do a little more improvisational stuff since last I saw them, and he gave us a killer setlist given that he's touring on the most recent album and not playing a ton of old favorites. McWifey was disappointed that he played four covers, including both the encore songs, but the only one I was meh on was Driver 8. Honeysuckle was great, although Sadler Vaden ain't no 90s Kevn. Brittney Spencer, the opener, came out for the encore and they did It's a Man's World (🔥) and Gimme Shelter (bucket list/rock'n'roll dreams come true). Letting You Go off the new album is a girl dad cry factory. Blah blah dude is operating at peak capacity these days. 

Cool looking stage/venue. Where?

16 minutes ago, fredst said:

Cool looking stage/venue. Where?

Johnny Mercer Theatre in the Savannah Civic Center. It's a pretty good room and Jason's lights are strong.

PXL_20211215_020136812.MP.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1