Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

8 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Saw Patterson there, among many others. Used to live a little less than a mile from there and walk to shows. Really cool little room and lots of great bars and restaurants right around there. Holla closer to go time.

Damn, your past might be my current dream. You know I'm going to get with you on this. Thanks friend. 

• Like 1

On 11/9/2021 at 11:28 AM, fredst said:

Speaking of Grohl, I still remember when I first heard this. Didn’t know exactly what to think of it but knew it wasn’t like most of the stuff that was out there at the time. Next thing you knew, “grunge” was everywhere 

Dude, you hit me in the feels here. I have literally watched this video a dozen times this week.

I’ll come back with my geek out story later. But this song. May 1993 was the first time I heard it. Literally changed my musical life/trajectory.

• Love 1

8 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Dude, you hit me in the feels here. I have literally watched this video a dozen times this week.

I’ll come back with my geek out story later. But this song. May 1993 was the first time I heard it. Literally changed my musical life/trajectory.

If it was possible to wear out a CD my copy of “Ten” would not have survived. Every damn song is great IMO. I think maybe because of where I was in life (ie single and for some reason seriously pining for an old girlfriend, lol) this was my favorite song:

Edited by fredst
  • Love 2

9 hours ago, cbo said:

Damn, your past might be my current dream. You know I'm going to get with you on this. Thanks friend. 

I will probably spend the rest of my life talking about my time in Atlanta the same way that Al Bundy spoke of his high school football career. 

I've actually got pretty big emotions about that town that go beyond how much fun I had living there. I dream of a day where we're all sitting at the same bar so that I can explain. Mine is a pretty good sliding doors story. 

Lol. I'm typing this at a stoplight and I'm staring at the back of a car with a bunch of stickers, one of which says "I used to be cool." 

• Love 2

16 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I will probably spend the rest of my life talking about my time in Atlanta the same way that Al Bundy spoke of his high school football career. 

I've actually got pretty big emotions about that town that go beyond how much fun I had living there. I dream of a day where we're all sitting at the same bar so that I can explain. Mine is a pretty good sliding doors story. 

Lol. I'm typing this at a stoplight and I'm staring at the back of a car with a bunch of stickers, one of which says "I used to be cool." 

Haha, the bumper sticker is perfect. I know the feeling all too well. 

Sounds like you spent your glory days in a good spot. I'd love to hear more. All of us sitting around a bar shooting the s***? Sounds good to me and stranger things have happened. 

9 hours ago, cbo said:

Haha, the bumper sticker is perfect. I know the feeling all too well. 

Sounds like you spent your glory days in a good spot. I'd love to hear more. All of us sitting around a bar shooting the s***? Sounds good to me and stranger things have happened. 

If it happens in Atlanta, I've got a list. But I'm kinda hoping it happens at @Tiger Refuge's pizza joint. 

Yeah man, a lot of people look back on college or their 20s as their glory days. For me it was definitely my 30s. But I've always been about 10 years behind the curve. Hopefully that continues to apply the rest of the way, lol.

As for Atlanta with a family... I know a lot of people who have moved out to the burbs, but I don't know a ton who have left altogether. We're very much in the minority among our circles. 

• Love 2

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Yeah man, a lot of people look back on college or their 20s as their glory days. For me it was definitely my 30s. But I've always been about 10 years behind the curve.

What happens if you’re in your 50s and still waiting for your glory days? Asking for a friend….

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, fredst said:

What happens if you’re in your 50s and still waiting for your glory days? Asking for a friend….

I suggest your friend ponder that on his or her next fishing trip in Alaska or Montana or the Caribbean. When they come up with an answer, be sure to post about here so that I can read it from my cubicle. 

Edited by McLoofus

I suggest your friend ponder that on his or her next fishing trip in Alaska or Montana or the Caribbean. When they come up with an answer, be sure to post about here so that I can read it from my cubicle. 

Lol. Making up for lost time I guess. I think that is common in my profession. It’s why so many of us are douchebags, lol. I feel like my college experience was very fun but definitely different than a lot of my contemporaries. My twenties and early 30s were just a blur of 100+ hour work weeks 50 weeks out of the year. I have no regrets and don’t expect or want any sympathy but hearing some of these great stories about awesome life experiences does make me realize some of the things I missed in those years. Love hearing/reading about people’s travels and experiences, gives me motivation to try to still do it while I’m physically capable. It’s also why I can’t justify having that bumper sticker myself😜

• Love 1

41 minutes ago, fredst said:

Lol. Making up for lost time I guess. I think that is common in my profession. It’s why so many of us are douchebags, lol. I feel like my college experience was very fun but definitely different than a lot of my contemporaries. My twenties and early 30s were just a blur of 100+ hour work weeks 50 weeks out of the year. I have no regrets and don’t expect or want any sympathy but hearing some of these great stories about awesome life experiences does make me realize some of the things I missed in those years. Love hearing/reading about people’s travels and experiences, gives me motivation to try to still do it while I’m physically capable. It’s also why I can’t justify having that bumper sticker myself😜

It's always good to hear that I do have some green grass on my side, haha. And I'm glad you understood the spirit of my dumb joke. 

I've seen doctors make up for lost time in douchey ways. And I fully support it. Almost as much as non douchey methods such as your own, which are similarly inspirational. Not just to play hard, but to work hard for the opportunity.

You can't used to be cool if you're still cool.

22 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

It's always good to hear that I do have some green grass on my side, haha.

Very envious of your time out West and music experiences. Cheers to many more for you 🍻

• Love 1

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

If it happens in Atlanta, I've got a list. But I'm kinda hoping it happens at @Tiger Refuge's pizza joint. 

Yeah man, a lot of people look back on college or their 20s as their glory days. For me it was definitely my 30s. But I've always been about 10 years behind the curve. Hopefully that continues to apply the rest of the way, lol.

As for Atlanta with a family... I know a lot of people who have moved out to the burbs, but I don't know a ton who have left altogether. We're very much in the minority among our circles. 

Pizza, you say?(please excuse the ugly mug)

6D6B9682-4F8B-4E03-919D-EBB641301C8E.jpeg

• Love 3

2 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Pizza, you say?(please excuse the ugly mug)

6D6B9682-4F8B-4E03-919D-EBB641301C8E.jpeg

I would crawl across a hundred yards of that mug for a slice of that Smokejumper wait was that weird crap I think I made it weird what I meant to say is that all my bald bearded brethren are handsome AF

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I would crawl across a hundred yards of that mug for a slice of that Smokejumper wait was that weird crap I think I made it weird what I meant to say is that all my bald bearded brethren are handsome AF

That pizza has morphed into an amazing thing. Those folks up there KILLEDIT with a few minor tweaks. All the base ingredients are the same. It’s all about portions.

• Love 2

30 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

That pizza has morphed into an amazing thing. Those folks up there KILLEDIT with a few minor tweaks. All the base ingredients are the same. It’s all about portions.

So it's still on the menu?

Man. Learning restraint with the toppings (or ingredients in any dish) has been critical to my progress as a C.H.E.F. (dude who cooks food sometimes, okay so it's not perfect)

• Like 1

Our island is finally getting to have its second "annual" lantern parade tomorrow night. (Last year was a modified drive-thru version because of the C word. The first one was in 2019.) There'll be pics in the photo thread with more explanation as to why it's a big deal in our house- it will ring a bell with some of y'all- but I'll use the excuse here to post some parade music. This also happens to be Friday happy hour music. 

• Like 2

So it's still on the menu?

Man. Learning restraint with the toppings (or ingredients in any dish) has been critical to my progress as a C.H.E.F. (dude who cooks food sometimes, okay so it's not perfect)

For the entire month of November…

• Love 2

It's not every day that you have an internet conversation about kid a and then that Saturday night a band plays a song from kid a on the beach with a bunch of illuminated birds and other types of lanterns hanging out.

Outkicked my coverage, y'all.

• Love 3