Music Thread v.1.5(POST YOUR TUNES!)

33 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

As I've grown older, I've learned to appreciate his guitar playing so much more. 

What a good got danged band they are. 

I can most definitely relate to that sentiment. I find myself looking back and listening to a lot of music that takes on a whole new appearance now. 

As an aside, listening to Dave Grohls book, he talked about meeting Huey Lewis and how cool a dude he was. Had no idea he recorded a harmonica piece for Thin Lizzy.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I can most definitely relate to that sentiment. I find myself looking back and listening to a lot of music that takes on a whole new appearance now. 

As an aside, listening to Dave Grohls book, he talked about meeting Huey Lewis and how cool a dude he was. Had no idea he recorded a harmonica piece for Thin Lizzy.

Plus Huey is not a bad golfer

• Love 1

17 hours ago, McLoofus said:

As I've grown older, I've learned to appreciate his guitar playing so much more. 

What a good got danged band they are. 

Knopfler so talented and underappreciated...

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Tiger Refuge said:

Evidently he's from the Bay area and super into the Dead. Might've even been on stage with them at some point? Don't remember all the details. But definitely seems like an epic beer hang. 

• Love 2

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Think I got them fixed for you 78

Thank you sir! First time I recall that happening, but it would only let me post as a link. Tried numerous times and kept getting errors. Might have been Wild Turkey.

• Like 1

36th Anniversary of this album. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

14 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

36th Anniversary of this album. 

**** IT ALL WITH ******* NO REGRETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I only I had more love reactions to give \m/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Absolute masterpiece, no skips album. This is my favorite tune from it:

Mine is Lepper Messiah and then Damage Inc

• Like 1

On 3/3/2022 at 11:21 AM, McLoofus said:

Absolute masterpiece, no skips album.

The local rock station back home used to do a Friday night rock block on a featured album. In order to do it, a listener had to get like a hundred names/signatures with along with a favorite song per person. My brother and his hood friends put one together for this album. Me, at 14 years old, signed up for MOP as my song. I’m pretty sure I was smoking a Marlboro red when I signed the sheet of notebook paper…

Meeeeeeemories…..

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

The local rock station back home used to do a Friday night rock block on a featured album. In order to do it, a listener had to get like a hundred names/signatures with along with a favorite song per person. My brother and his hood friends put one together for this album. Me, at 14 years old, signed up for MOP as my song. I’m pretty sure I was smoking a Marlboro red when I signed the sheet of notebook paper…

Meeeeeeemories…..

This makes me want to cry every kind of cry there is. Oh my gosh I love this so much.

• Love 1

15 hours ago, McLoofus said:

This makes me want to cry every kind of cry there is. Oh my gosh I love this so much.

I’m pretty sure I was standing in the parking lot of Northpark Mall with a pocket full of allowance destined for the arcade as well.

And the mere though of a cigarette makes me turn green now. No nicotine has coursed my veins in over 8 years.

Edited by Tiger Refuge
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Tiger Refuge said:

I’m pretty sure I was standing in the parking lot of Notthpark Mall with a pocket full of allowance destined for the arcade as well.

And the mere though of a cigarette makes me turn green now. No nicotine has coursed my veins in over 8 years.

Good on ya. Probably about the same for me. Don't miss them at all! 

Man. The mall. The arcade, the record store, the food court, and Spencer, where nothing was illegal but it felt like everything was a little bit illegal.

• Love 2

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Good on ya. Probably about the same for me. Don't miss them at all! 

Man. The mall. The arcade, the record store, the food court, and Spencer, where nothing was illegal but it felt like everything was a little bit illegal.

That intoxicating smell of Aquanet and fresh waffle cones from TCBY….

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

The arcade, the record store, the food court, and Spencer,

Speaking of record stores the best ever was in Ft Lauderdale/Hollywood, Fl man I lived at that store plus next door was a Jazz club where I saw Leon Rebone and Leon Russell who just showed up to play unexpectedly. God the memories of South Fl. 

Peaches Records and Tapes was a music and entertainment retailer in the United States. Peaches was known for its vast selection with many locations in buildings the size of a typical grocery store. Stores were also known for autograph signing events, huge reproductions of the album covers of the latest releases on the side of its buildings and for selling records from wooden crates with the chain's colorful fruit-crate style logo on the side. Stores reportedly stocked $500,000 worth of inventory.

This is a picture of what use to be Peaches in Lauderdale

What was the musical playground Peaches Records & Tapes from the '70s to the '90s became Hustler Hollywood in 2004.

CULTURE

From Peaches to Hustler: The Past and Present of 1500 Sunrise Boulevard

AYURELLA HORN-MULLER DECEMBER 18, 2018 7:58AM

What was the musical playground Peaches Records & Tapes from the '70s to the '90s became Hustler Hollywood in 2004.
What was the musical playground Peaches Records & Tapes from the '70s to the '90s became Hustler Hollywood in 2004. Photo courtesy of Hustler Hollywood

Splashed across the sidewalk outside Hustler Hollywood is a long row of handprints and footprints in swaths of worn cement. A closer look reveals names belonging to visionaries. Iconic musicians such as Rick Springfield, Charlie Daniels, Peter Frampton, ZZ Top, Ted Nugent, and Jaco Pastorius have all left their mark on the stretch of pavement outside a store that now sells sex toys.

This spot was once occupied by a never-ending stream of South Florida's music lovers. Perpetually packed, Peaches Records & Tapes welcomed esteemed artists and audiences alike. The Fort Lauderdale record shop stood out as one of the most successful branches in a chain of 50 stores in 23 states. It was also the last Peaches standing, before the store’s closing in 2001.

When the shop opened in 1975, Greg Goode was one of the first employees hired. He recounts an array of celebrities who dropped in to make appearances or buy tracks. Among the highlights were hanging with ZZ Top and encountering Jimmy Buffett.

“I was the night manager at the time when this guy was looking at the [Buffett] display. I look at him and told him he looked like Buffett. A few days, maybe a week, later, a rep from ABC Records comes into the store. Another manager and I are talking to him when he pops up with, 'By the way, Jimmy Buffett was in the store. He said a guy told him he looked like himself.'”

Employees welcome Ricky Nelson for his first in-store appearance in 1975 at Peaches Fort Lauderdale. - LEON TSILIS

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Just now, augolf1716 said:

Speaking of record stores the best ever was in Ft Lauderdale/Hollywood, Fl man I lived at that store plus next door was a Jazz club where I saw Leon Rebone and Leon Russell who just showed up to play unexpectedly. God the memories of South Fl. 

Peaches Records and Tapes was a music and entertainment retailer in the United States. Peaches was known for its vast selection with many locations in buildings the size of a typical grocery store. Stores were also known for autograph signing events, huge reproductions of the album covers of the latest releases on the side of its buildings and for selling records from wooden crates with the chain's colorful fruit-crate style logo on the side. Stores reportedly stocked $500,000 worth of inventory.

This is a picture of what use to be Peaches in Lauderdale

CULTURE

From Peaches to Hustler: The Past and Present of 1500 Sunrise Boulevard

AYURELLA HORN-MULLER DECEMBER 18, 2018 7:58AM

What was the musical playground Peaches Records & Tapes from the '70s to the '90s became Hustler Hollywood in 2004. Photo courtesy of Hustler Hollywood

Splashed across the sidewalk outside Hustler Hollywood is a long row of handprints and footprints in swaths of worn cement. A closer look reveals names belonging to visionaries. Iconic musicians such as Rick Springfield, Charlie Daniels, Peter Frampton, ZZ Top, Ted Nugent, and Jaco Pastorius have all left their mark on the stretch of pavement outside a store that now sells sex toys.

This spot was once occupied by a never-ending stream of South Florida's music lovers. Perpetually packed, Peaches Records & Tapes welcomed esteemed artists and audiences alike. The Fort Lauderdale record shop stood out as one of the most successful branches in a chain of 50 stores in 23 states. It was also the last Peaches standing, before the store’s closing in 2001.

When the shop opened in 1975, Greg Goode was one of the first employees hired. He recounts an array of celebrities who dropped in to make appearances or buy tracks. Among the highlights were hanging with ZZ Top and encountering Jimmy Buffett.

“I was the night manager at the time when this guy was looking at the [Buffett] display. I look at him and told him he looked like Buffett. A few days, maybe a week, later, a rep from ABC Records comes into the store. Another manager and I are talking to him when he pops up with, 'By the way, Jimmy Buffett was in the store. He said a guy told him he looked like himself.'”

Employees welcome Ricky Nelson for his first in-store appearance in 1975 at Peaches Fort Lauderdale. - LEON TSILIS

I can't wait to read this!

• Love 1

The Little Big Store in Raymond, MS. It was originally located in Jackson. An absolutely amazing place. The owner just passed away and her kids are now running it. The store has survived all these years, despite the “business”.

https://www.vinylmeplease.com/blogs/magazine/little-big-store-best-record-store-mississippi

• Like 1
  • Love 2