***2016 National Signing Day - NLI Signature Discussion Thread***

RunInRed

Kyle Kolumbus@kkolumbo 4m4 minutes ago

Sounds like NCM to UNC. Shocked

This would make the Ben Davis decision sting more.

Why? Davis was never coming.

Aware of that, but it would be bad news piling up and momentum trending down.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If NCM goes to UNC that sucks independently IMO. It wasn't bad news that Davis chose Bama because everyone on here figured that was going to happen -- nothing threw us for a loop at the last second there. NCM, however, we were looking very good leading up to today. Or I was under the impression we were, based on the news on here.

Has Malik Miller signed his LOI yet?

Not sure how that works but he's already enrolled and getting ready for Spring. He's prolly in class.

Not sure how that works but he's already enrolled and getting ready for Spring. He's prolly in class.

Sorry. Didn't realize he was an early enrollee.

Believe it or not, recruits do listen to each other, especially with social media. I remember NSD at JSU when we were in the J-Club room watching for recruits and certain players that declined would lead to us losing a few more "On the fence" recruits. It's almost like the Lebron James phenomenon. Great players who see themselves as "Super-stars" want to go to a team where there are other super stars around them that can make them look better and increase their chances of winning. Only a few of the ones with either, greater ambitions, a connection to the school, or an ego big enough to think that they can "carry" a team themselves, will stick.

Keep in mind, this is in regards to the "Undecided and non-committed ones.

We kept all the committed players. We picked up Sammons and might get Catalina after NSD. Plus 3 really good receivers. I want Craig but we will be fine if we don't get him. We have already done really well in D_line especially since Adams and Lawson are returning. I want Brown bad but we will be much better on D-Line this year. If we get Tomas we will have another solid DB to go with Broussard.

Please don't melt down if we miss on a couple. If we get them then let's rejoice. The only place we haven't done a good enough job so far is at LB as we only have 1.

If we miss out on those 3, it sure won't help Malzahn's case.

Defense wasn't the problem last year, so I dont think Brown or Gary would help CGM. js

Defense was a problem last year. At the same time, offense and being unable to convert on 3rd downs added to the issue, but defense was definitely a problem until the last game against a slightly hobbled Memphis team.

No. Early enrolees don't sign a LOI. They show up and start school. We have nine of them already on campus this time, including Miller

I think if we miss on NCM we miss on Brown and Gary too.

JMO but I don't see any connection between the 3 of them. Might or might get one or more ....but I think each guys is making a decision that he thinks is best for him.

Mackenro/Mackensie Alexander Part Deux?

The Meyers brother is a 4* DB in his own right, we'd sign him anyway brother or not.

We kept all the committed players. We picked up Sammons and might get Catalina after NSD. Plus 3 really good receivers. I want Craig but we will be fine if we don't get him. We have already done really well in D_line especially since Adams and Lawson are returning. I want Brown bad but we will be much better on D-Line this year. If we get Tomas we will have another solid DB to go with Broussard.

Please don't melt down if we miss on a couple. If we get them then let's rejoice. The only place we haven't done a good enough job so far is at LB as we only have 1.

And that is an integral spot. The middle of the field is very important, without good lateral defenders in the run, overpower and reach the DL and you're getting 4-8 yards a run. No good hook-curl or set zone integrity nor the ability to man up with RBs in coverage and you're getting gutted in the middle of the field in the pass. DL recruiting and a few good DBs are nice, but LBs are the Life-Blood of your defense. They're also responsible for managing and organizing the defense, unless you assign those duties to the FS.

That's very true. We have only 1 RB commit and what 1 or 2 OL. We need help on both of the ball. But mostly we must get more top offensive guys as well signing Brown and Gary on defense.

No. Early enrolees don't sign a LOI. They show up and start school. We have nine of them already on campus this time, including Miller

Thanks. I didn't realize Miller was an EE.

Glad we didn't spend a lot of time on Dontavious Jackson. Not impressed with his film, way he carries himself, or how his intelligence is coming off.

I think if we miss on NCM we miss on Brown and Gary too.

JMO but I don't see any connection between the 3 of them. Might or might get one or more ....but I think each guys is making a decision that he thinks is best for him.

Agreed,

I'm saying this more from a 'how the day is going' kind of things. Not saying they base their decisions off of each other. Implying that I don't feel confident about the latter two (which are already tough unknowns) when we don't get what seemed to be a solid.

That's very true. We have only 1 RB commit and what 1 or 2 OL. We need help on both of the ball. But mostly we must get more top offensive guys as well signing Brown and Gary on defense.

2 OL Hamm and Sammons along with a stellar class that Redshirted last year. We are very solid at OL. But Loosing 2 starting OT always hurts but recruiting this year won't change that it is next guy up. 1 RB is all we wanted. The miss I wanted most but knew we wouldn't get was Ben Davis, Missed on Warrior but might pick up Thomas. Others we are still waiting on.

Archived