***2016 National Signing Day - NLI Signature Discussion Thread***

RunInRed

Right now, by my count, we're sitting at 17 recruits who are either EEs or have signed a LOI. Looks like Jayvaughn Myers and Daniel Thomas may be leaning our way. Derrick Brown and Nate Craig-Myers are up in the air, based on latest info. Tyler Catalina may be a grad transfer. Rashan Gary, Landon Dickerson, Ahmmon Richards, David Marshall, and E.J. Price are all expected to go elsewhere. Steven Davis, Jr. may not be academically eligible. It's looking like this is going to be a small class.

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we can get either Brown or Gary we are in a great position, both would be a PERFECT NSD, and neither would make it a solid day. Curious what our plan at LB is going to be.

If we can get either Brown or Gary we are in a great position, both would be a PERFECT NSD, and neither would make it a solid day. Curious what our plan at LB is going to be.

I'm of the opinion that SDJ, if we get him, and/or Thomas could play LB.

Agreed,

I do believe that Jeff Holland was too talented out of high school to not start to show out. Tre Williams should start to click as well.

Doubting we get Gary at this point since our defensive interior is now stacked. Most times when recruits, especially number one recruits wait like that, they're weighing their options and seeing who the school takes. Michigan has a much greater need at that position and that is typically what the smart recruits look at. I met Gary on one of his visits during the summer before I even knew who he was and he definitely seems like a much smarter kid than others. Quiet, but smart.

Agreed,

I do believe that Jeff Holland was too talented out of high school to not start to show out. Tre Williams should start to click as well.

Yeah, Holland is a stud. Folks might debate whether he's actually a linebacker or a buck or a rush end or whatever, but he's a stud.

When the commentator refer to James Franklin as James Franco :laugh:

That man has so many talents. Not only is he an actor, director, painter, scholar, etc.... and not only is he a football player.... but he's that famed multi-dimensional football player, The Athlete.

Edit: I got James confused with John. Dang. It was almost a solid joke.

Curious - what took NCM from the nations #1 recruit to a 4*?

He was the #1 sophomore in the country. He got hurt his Junior year and did not play. He did play his senior year though.

Archived