***2016 National Signing Day - NLI Signature Discussion Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's just find 5 or 4 star linebackerd not being recruited by bama. I like how we recruit against everyone else way better.

You have to look at a signing class with what is returning. We have 3 starting OL returning have a large number of Redshirt freshmen returning have players like Leff returning, we have a 5* transfer from Texas and we picked up 2 very solid OL. We look good at OL except that we will be replacing 2 starters. 3 of 4 RB's back and we pick up a RB both BlockingBacks return both TE's return and we pick up a great TE and both starting QB's return and Queen returns after surgery plus 2 new QB's and we have what may be our best ever WR class with 4 WR's. On O we are looking really good.

Top two D-Linemen Returning plus others who were showing signs and a great D-Line Class. A lot of DB's returning many that were starters in all or some of the games and we pick up 3 very good DB's. We have 8 Returning LB's we picked up 1 many on this board including myself think we needed at least 1 more LB. But at every other position we have a lot of very good returning players and we have done very well in adding depth and potentially new starters at positions like WR.

I can't speak for every team ahead of us but I am sure that some of them while slightly ahead of us did not fill their needs as well as ours did. Others like bama and LSU kicked butt and they just reloaded. But look as good as LSU's class was they didn't get the QB they so desperately needed

Good Class CGM and CKS put together. Like i stated our big miss was getting one more LB. I will give this class a 4 Star in my mind. What a WR Class too. Now on to the class of 2017!!

This class is a great finish and shows the resolve and skill that our coaching staff has in them. Now let's get ready to BEAT CLEMSON!!!!! WDE!

We crushed it in Georgia this year. Jackson, Brown, Davis are Top 5 recruits in the state. Also, Awesome DL class overall.

As far as rankings if your in anywhere close to a top 10 ranking there is not much difference than top 5, so I'm happy with that. I'm happy with anything in the top 15, but it does suck seeing other SEC teams above us but that is only a visual thing.

So we traded a Warrior for a Thomas and a Sammons and got pretty much everyone else we had a reasonable expectation of getting. I thought the sky was falling when Muschamp bounced but my crow tastes fantastic.

Are we done for the day? Finishing at 21?

That's what I was wondering. That's seems a rather low number

But two guys from last year count in this class (Dean and one other), which makes 23 and we are leaving a couple of spots open for grad transfers.

I think when you look at our class as a whole, you can see why we did well in certain areas and not others:

1. (DL, WR, QB, RB/ATH to an extent) is because we have long time coaches and recruiters who started with some of these kids (Craig, Garner, Malzahn/Lashlee)

2. (LB, OL, DBs not bad but not great) was because we lost our best recruiters in this area and it is hard to make up ground with new coaches(Steele, McGriff, Williams (promoted), Hand)

I am sure some of it was because we didnt need as many players in certain areas so we went after only the top few in the country (Davis, Warrior, Price,etc..).

As someone said we will finish in the top ten in the country, top 5 in the SEC (but guess who beat us?)...so we did well, hoped we could do great.

Good Class CGM and CKS put together. Like i stated our big miss was getting one more LB. I will give this class a 4 Star in my mind. What a WR Class too. Now on to the class of 2017!!

Agree with everything you said. War Eagle!

I am really liking this class. I do wish we had a couple more LB's signed, at least one. But CGM & co are bringing in some seriously needed size

2 WR over 6'2 and 210

6'8 OL

Big CB

Miller is a big RB

Huge DL commits (270+ at DE)

And a lot of *'s

Archived