How hot is Sumlin's seat now?

lionheartkc

There is no one in this world at the moment who hates social media more than Kevin Sumlin.

I don't know. Hugh Freeze is vying for that top position.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, let's be honest, these kids are sensitive as hell these days. Social media has NOT made that any better.

Uh... read this forum, adults are just as sensitive, how dare you think differently, meltdown....

Common theme is the social medias. It was always there, it's just been exposed.

Oh, I know adults are sensitive. And yes, one need only look through this forum. Partly the reason I hardly even post. Social media has helped expose a lot of it, but some of the stuff kids whine about these days, I know myself and people I grew up with didn't.

Our parents said the same thing and like I stated in another thread on football players, some of their generation were selling LSD at Woodstock.

I guess so but I was at AU where drinking a 6 pack was a big deal....times change but not always for the best.... :dunno:

Our parents said the same thing and like I stated in another thread on football players, some of their generation were selling LSD at Woodstock.

There's no doubt that there is a general wussification that takes place from generation to generation. I'm not as emotionally tough as my parents and the kids these days are far less so than I am. Heck, my grandparent's generation was tough as nails. I know they had no idea what to do with my generation who would have never survived the WWII and the Depression. We hit a recession and lose our collective minds.

Sadly, a lot of that has to do with technology. As life gets simpler and requires less of you, your resolve fades.

You're right, though... every generation has kids, and adults, who do whatever they want, whenever they want. This is just the first generation where, if dad gets the belt, he could end up in jail.

Even good old AU during the 60's had a Weather Underground group.....Don't know what that is? Look it up...

The older we get, the more pristine we were. No question, generations change, no question there is no shortage of whining about it either...Our parents said the same things about our generation......Did you turn out OK? Productive? Family? Yeah, thought so....

Even good old AU during the 60's had a Weather Underground group.....Don't know what that is? Look it up...

The older we get, the more pristine we were. No question, generations change, no question there is no shortage of whining about it either...Our parents said the same things about our generation......Did you turn out OK? Productive? Family? Yeah, thought so....

I guess so...but I was a co-op student in ME...didn't seem to have time for much else except tennis. But my dad was of depression generation and was out of US in Marion and living on his own when he was 16.

PS ...I think previous generations had bigger hills to climb so to speak. Today's youth often start halfway to the summit.

People are individuals and mature at different levels...Just as many criminals back in that day by percentages and just as many productive one's now...

Of course it is different, people take in as much info now by 20, than some people in the 40,s, 50's and 60's did in their entire life.

The news cycle and info available, both provide info about all these horrible people that even 15-20 years ago, you'd never have known existed. I commented on it too, but notice the good works TAMU players did yesterday, didn't get nary a mention.

The sky is not falling.

Correct. Some believe the sky fell years ago...

oh the good old days

See, someone with a clue.....AU had as much of a part of the counterculture as anyone.....It wasn't turning out little right wing Stepford wives at the time.

Even with the latest decommits, I don't see Sumlin getting fired just yet. That coach who went on a rant may get booted. He's certainly in Sumplin's doghouse. But I think Sumlin has another year coming.

Thing is, Sumlin has a better W-L record at A&M than Malzahn has at Auburn. The program is crumbling around his head, but if he can pull off a good season, Aggie alums will forget this bumpy ride.

Kinda like Malzahn in that regard.

Even with the latest decommits, I don't see Sumlin getting fired just yet. That coach who went on a rant may get booted. He's certainly in Sumplin's doghouse. But I think Sumlin has another year coming.

Thing is, Sumlin has a better W-L record at A&M than Malzahn has at Auburn. The program is crumbling around his head, but if he can pull off a good season, Aggie alums will forget this bumpy ride.

Kinda like Malzahn in that regard.

Maybe, but with the military background of A&M, I could really see them kicking him to the curb for bringing a bad name to the school. I would imagine that a lot of the alumni are very unhappy about a lot of the stories coming out about his program. I know if he was at Auburn and these kinds of things were happening, I'd be on board for sending him packing. Of course, I'd already want him gone just for some of the unsportsmanlike activities of his players on the field.

Is the situation at A&M any worse than at Ole Miss? Or Tennessee, with all their rape and sexual harassment legal woes, and the Butch Jones attempting to cover it up? Or FSU? Or any number of other schools? Auburn is not exactly sparkling right now either, with massive annual turnover among coaches, two very disappointing seasons in a row, players leaving and arrests.

Yep, A&M has some problems right now. But this is not Petrino in a ditch with his mistress.

Or saban handing out Dodge Chargers.......

We have some obvious issues, but UT has literal University legal issues involving the coach and athletic department. Ole Sis has some NCAA issues headed their way at a minimum...As usual, uaT will get lost in the shuffle...be really nice for equitable enforcement.

We have some obvious issues, but UT has literal University legal issues involving the coach and athletic department. Ole Sis has some NCAA issues headed their way at a minimum...As usual, uaT will get lost in the shuffle...be really nice for equitable enforcement.

I know this is a little off the subject; but I wonder if Saban leaked the story about his DL coach by design? In that, he picked the timing of the press release so he would get lost in the shuffle. The 4 Auburn players being arrested was just icing on the cake. Naw, he couldn't be that smart, could he?

I know this is a little off the subject; but I wonder if Saban leaked the story about his DL coach by design? In that, he picked the timing of the press release so he would get lost in the shuffle. The 4 Auburn players being arrested was just icing on the cake. Naw, he couldn't be that smart, could he?

Haha. Isn't the tinfoil hat group on the political forum? I don't think he leaks bad press, especially the weekend of when his Dline players are about to get drafted.

I do think he may have had influence on the locals Not reporting it.

While theories are fun to talk about and usually inspire humor, at best, the confluence of events are not controlled by ttown oracles.

Do I think they control what they can? Yep, so does everyone else on the planet, mostly, including AU.

One thing about Sumlin....he's sure in the process of turning lemonade into lemons.

How can a guy with a 100,000+ seat stadium, a huge student body of rabid fans, all the money in the world apparently and a school located in the midst of a thousand Div 1 quality players.......and yet in just a few years he has created the mess that is facing TAMU now?

Inherited paradise and blew it up....

Could he turn it around? Yep.

One of the great coaching comebacks in history, if he does. Talent has been there. Results haven't. Sounds sporadically familiar, if in a somewhat different way.

Inherited paradise and blew it up....

Could he turn it around? Yep.

One of the great coaching comebacks in history, if he does. Talent has been there. Results haven't. Sounds sporadically familiar, if in a somewhat different way.

I'm just curious about the number of 4* and 5* athletes he has wasted in just a couple years. Most schools would not sign that many in a decade and they come and go from there like a parade.

Archived