I am sure our coaching staff is watching the Super Bowl. Defense

AUIH1

Anyone know how many times Carolina ran the ball on first down?

They ran one true option play and gained about 12 yards on it, and never went back to it.

And really, what was #21 doing on the punt return? It looked like he thought it was flag football and he had pulled the guys flag so he stopped an watched him run for 60 yards.

You knew it was gonna be a long night after the first challenge wasn't overturned.

How many INT's did Carolina drop (one which would have been a pick six)?

Carolina was badly outcoached from the get go on Denver's first drive where Manning dinked and dunked them down the field.

Thought I saw several plays where the QB/RB were almost tackled together as a couple. I took that as they were still reading and neither option was there.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well Gus is at the game, he probably thought that Carolina play calling looked real familiar

and wondered why it didnt work

Lol. Yep. :bananadance::hellyeah:

What's really funny is that they looked like 2010 Auburn all season and then looked like 2015 Auburn in the SB. Denver took a lot of pages out of the playbook but I think Shula tightened up.

Anyone know how many times Carolina ran the ball on first down?

They ran one true option play and gained about 12 yards on it, and never went back to it.

And really, what was #21 doing on the punt return? It looked like he thought it was flag football and he had pulled the guys flag so he stopped an watched him run for 60 yards.

You knew it was gonna be a long night after the first challenge wasn't overturned.

How many INT's did Carolina drop (one which would have been a pick six)?

Carolina was badly outcoached from the get go on Denver's first drive where Manning dinked and dunked them down the field.

Thought I saw several plays where the QB/RB were almost tackled together as a couple. I took that as they were still reading and neither option was there.

Terminology. They did run a few "zone read" plays and had trouble with the mesh or decision to give or keep. I'm talking about the play where he ran the read, pulled it, and then pitched to the back around the left end. Triple option if you will. Everyone sucked inside on the the dive and Cam pitched early because the back was running free outside.

Archived