Men vs. Arkansas - Game Thread

WarTiger

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that was fun. If you are in Auburn, the @AuburnMBB team should arrive at the airport around 1030 or so. #WarEagle

Really great to see these guys get the win. They shot the hell out of the ball and played extremely hard the whole game. Great win for the team.

Good to see the guys work hard and be rewarded. There were definitely some highlights in the game. Brown, Spencer's blocks with some points, Bower's dunks and assists, the list goes on... Fun game to watch after the pain of the last few weeks.

Bryce Brown finished 9-14 from Three point range last night. The SEC tweeted after the games last night it was the most three's by one player in the SEC all season. Great shooting by Bryce Brown last night. Clearly these guys have stuck together through a very difficult stretch and depleted roster. Bruce Pearl deserves a lot of credit for keeping them together. War Eagle!!!!

Bryce Brown finished 9-14 from Three point range last night. The SEC tweeted after the games last night it was the most three's by one player in the SEC all season. Great shooting by Bryce Brown last night. Clearly these guys have stuck together through a very difficult stretch and depleted roster. Bruce Pearl deserves a lot of credit for keeping them together. War Eagle!!!!

Glad to see that. Depleted roster can be a state of mind thing and players have to get over that. Last night duke beat unc and 3 guys played the entire game and a total of about 10 minutes from the bench. Among other things, coaching is about managing your resources....worked well last night and Brown was amazing....hard to believe it was the same guy who hit about 20% in several games. Looks like he might be the guy to provide some firepower now that Canty is gone.

I have been one of the stronger defenders of Bowers over the last two years. Throughout his two years at Auburn he has hustled and played hard in every game. At times he has tried to do to much and has made mistakes but a lot of that is because of what Pearl has asked him to do. He is a short Power Forward who has been asked to Play Power Forward, Center, PG he has not complained and done what was asked. He had a game where he didn't listen to Pearl he was suspended for a game and handled it like a man and has come back and played better and in more control. Bryce Brown has showed he can shoot and last night he was hot. Spencer played better and we got valuable minutes from Keim. This was a team effort.

A road win after all these issues shows that Pearl has not lost this team. Now lets not go overboard we are still a depleted team due to injuries and to Canty leaving us. We might show some improvement this year but I don't expect a huge turn around. What this does do is give these kids some hope and a realization that with help coming next year and in 2017 that the future is bright. Who knows we might pull off a win or two this year before the end of the season. Maybe even a win or two in SEC tourney.

I am impressed at Coach Pearl's coaching and team handling. Great to see an AU BB team that doesn't throw in the towel over adversity.

War Eagle!!

Games like this you can see Bowers potential and you can see what Bruce wants to do.

i didn't see the game but always saw potential in Bowers. What do you mean by what Bruce wants to do?

Games like this you can see Bowers potential and you can see what Bruce wants to do.

i didn't see the game but always saw potential in Bowers. What do you mean by what Bruce wants to do?

Too bad when a guy starts playing to his potential about 5 games from the end of his college career. Indeed, he came to AU with lots of potential but took him quite a while to realize much of it.

What I'm hoping to see are young guys like Brown and Spencer......get them to start realizing their potential now...and play to it for the next 3 seasons.

PS I admit I should give CB more credit...but the inconsistency has been a big issue.

I wrote a post in a thread during the summer and went in pretty good detail what pearl wanted us to be as far as offense. In particular he wanted to use Bowers like the warriors use draymon green. That's what was going on when all the people were complaining about Bowers dribbling last year. Pearl wanted him to create mismatches and use transition to our advantage. Very tough to guard a team where you have 3 or 4 guys who can start a break and push tempo.

But I should have said wanted to do....the injuries killed us

Well at least on this forum the majority of the people that are the hardest on CB are guys who clearly are guys who are more traditional basketball fans. Basketball is a little different now

Well at least on this forum the majority of the people that are the hardest on CB are guys who clearly are guys who are more traditional basketball fans. Basketball is a little different now

i have been hard on bowers. Because of his potential. He just seems out of control sometimes. But he has been out of position as much as any player I ever remember. I wish he had another year.

i have been hard on bowers. Because of his potential. He just seems out of control sometimes. But he has been out of position as much as any player I ever remember. I wish he had another year.

Yep he had/has potential but lost two years of his opportunity to achieve that potential while in JC. Despite two years post-HS he was very raw and undisciplined when he got to AU. .....and mostly not his fault I expect.

I know we need JUCOs from time to time but one thing for certain, they do not get the coaching and development in JUCO that they would get from a BP or most Power 5 coaches. Indeed, it would be nice if he was a rising junior or senior about now.

IDK about this. I love Draymond Green and how the Warriors play. However, Bowers is a homeless man's Draymond which is why people get down on him. He has good spurts then bad spurts and the situation our program is in we need him. I don't think it has to do with traditional or modern but more "don't be dumb and out of control with the basketball". I don't think anybody would have a problem with Cim if he was as smart and skilled as Green and valued the basketball. The idea of a 4 man pushing the ball up the court shouldn't be a problem with anybody if they were consistently capable of making plays. Notice I said shouldn't, I can only speak for myself and I have been as frustrated at Cim as anyone else. Just my perception though.

That being said, he played one hell of a game vs Arky. He did awesome. Great game I was excited for him

Draymon green was wreckless and stuff in college as well. Traditional is wanting your power forward to stay down low and post and rebound. That's not what pearl was asking Bowers to do so that's why he wasn't doing it. Pearl said from the rip it would take some time and there will be alot of mistakes on Bowers part. Green is also surrounded by shooters so it's a good bit easier for him. As well he has a real pg on the team. Some of Bowers best games were when we had shooters as well. But of course nobody would have a problem if everything was going right....my point is there's a reason pearl asks him to play the way he plays. And apparently he can do it, he just haven't been as consistent as we would like, and frankly nobody on the team has

Draymon green was wreckless and stuff in college as well. Traditional is wanting your power forward to stay down low and post and rebound. That's not what pearl was asking Bowers to do so that's why he wasn't doing it. Pearl said from the rip it would take some time and there will be alot of mistakes on Bowers part. Green is also surrounded by shooters so it's a good bit easier for him. As well he has a real pg on the team. Some of Bowers best games were when we had shooters as well. But of course nobody would have a problem if everything was going right....my point is there's a reason pearl asks him to play the way he plays. And apparently he can do it, he just haven't been as consistent as we would like, and frankly nobody on the team has

True but this was a decision made about half way through a season with a player who likely had never played that position anywhere in his career. JMO but he's done better than I would have expected and seems to have played "under control" much better than before. Seems that he has done the best he can and sacrificed himself for the team.....hard to pick on him too much over this TOs...which seem to be fewer than when he was free-lancing as a PF or whatever it was that P BP had him playing. .

Yeah. Well pearl said it would be rocky at first but he will get better. I think pearl was thinking better sooner but once again alot of weapons are gone now.

thx

Archived