Golden State Warrior's Chase to 73 wins

aujeff11

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's hard for me to enjoy what they are attempting to accomplish after watching the ending of games like the one against Memphis on Saturday night. Not to take away from how unbelievable Golden State's season has been, but I am too skeptical of NBA officiating to really the record being broken.

It's hard for me to enjoy what they are attempting to accomplish after watching the ending of games like the one against Memphis on Saturday night. Not to take away from how unbelievable Golden State's season has been, but I am too skeptical of NBA officiating to really the record being broken.

I'm assuming you're talking about Memphis's final possession. Stephenson may have been fouled on the drive, but he was fouled after the shot attempt when he got the ball back. It was more of a bang bang play. Also, did you notice how Matt Barnes literally pushed Draymond Green to get a bucket with three minutes to go in the game? Overall, the calls balanced themselves out.

I'm assuming you're talking about Memphis's final possession. Stephenson may have been fouled on the drive, but he was fouled after the shot attempt when he got the ball back. It was more of a bang bang play. Also, did you notice how Matt Barnes literally pushed Draymond Green to get a bucket with three minutes to go in the game? Overall, the calls balanced themselves out.

I didn't notice that and you might be right. It was just one of those in the things that made you stop and wonder, especially considering what was on the line, and how obvious the foul on the shot was.

I'm not an NBA fan, but I also favor Memphis whenever they are in the playoffs. So there's that too.

Not too many people here like the NBA. I've acknowledged this fact a long time ago. I like Memphis but they need more playmakers from the guard and point guard position.

I'm not an NBA fan, but I also favor Memphis whenever they are in the playoffs. So there's that too.

Not too many people here like the NBA. I've acknowledged this fact a long time ago. I like Memphis but they need more playmakers from the guard and point guard position.

I loved the NBA back in the 70's and 80's. Even enjoyed the 90's and early 2000's some. I don't much care for it anymore.

I loved the NBA back in the 70's and 80's. Even enjoyed the 90's and early 2000's some. I don't much care for it anymore.

I would love to your reasoning for not caring for it anymore.

Players are bigger, faster, stronger, and more diverse. Is it too hip for you? The NBA has done a tremendous job in cleaning up its image if you ask me.

I would love to your reasoning for not caring for it anymore.

Players are bigger, faster, stronger, and more diverse. Is it too hip for you? The NBA has done a tremendous job in cleaning up its image if you ask me.

I just don't like the atmosphere. Playoff atmospheres are usually good. There are a handful of teams that have good support throughout the year, but the majority don't. Music playing during the game makes it feel cheap to me. I feel this way about a lot of professional sports, by the way. Not just the NBA. Also the league is too player focused to me. That's the one thing I don't really like about basketball. You can have one player carry a team to the playoffs.

Curry is money tonight. 73 looks like a foregone conclusion right now.

Warriors ended it with a blowout. Flipping back to the Lakers.

I'm going to miss Kobe. He's been in the game so long that he's part of the scenery to me.

Kobe dropped 60 in his farewell. Damn.

I have no clue how he done that and I cannot believe I missed it. Freaking epic

Surely this has been covered ... How many players played golden state this yeR and the Bulls in 95-96?

Kobe? Garnett? Anyone else?

I'd like to read their view ... Although skewed by age

Jeff, the reason for my dislike of the NBA now stems from the play on the court. The player behavior or image really doesn't bother me. The play is fundamentally not good. It's not just the NBA, it's all levels of basketball. AAU has killed basketball in my opinion. The college game is terrible now. Players coming in don't have the fundamental skills and they only spend one season perhaps two in college and that's not enough time to learn what they should have known before they got there.

The only team I can really watch is the Spurs. In most cases, half court offense is painful to watch. Nobody knows how to do it. I don't deny the fantastic ability of the athletes but the overall product from a team standpoint just isn't as good anymore. It's all about the highlight, getting on sports center.

The 80s Lakers and Celtics played fabulous team basketball. The Lakers had the reputation for showtime and they were great at that. They could play a nice half court offense too. The Bulls were a fun team to watch as well. The triangle offense is a thing of beauty to me when it is executed properly.

Jeff, the reason for my dislike of the NBA now stems from the play on the court. The player behavior or image really doesn't bother me. The play is fundamentally not good. It's not just the NBA, it's all levels of basketball. AAU has killed basketball in my opinion. The college game is terrible now. Players coming in don't have the fundamental skills and they only spend one season perhaps two in college and that's not enough time to learn what they should have known before they got there.

The only team I can really watch is the Spurs. In most cases, half court offense is painful to watch. Nobody knows how to do it. I don't deny the fantastic ability of the athletes but the overall product from a team standpoint just isn't as good anymore. It's all about the highlight, getting on sports center.

The 80s Lakers and Celtics played fabulous team basketball. The Lakers had the reputation for showtime and they were great at that. They could play a nice half court offense too. The Bulls were a fun team to watch as well. The triangle offense is a thing of beauty to me when it is executed properly.

My thoughts as well. I will say I have enjoyed watching what the Warriors did this year. I have always been a little biased to pure 3 point shooters being I loved the 3 myself when playing ball growing up.

The game has changed but that doesn't mean it has changed for the worst. If you are a purist then the Spurs are your team no doubt but the new brand of basketball, as showcased by GSW, is still all about teamwork but in its own way. GSW doesn't shoot mid range jumpers( they'd much rather take a step back and shoot a three) and they tend to jack up the threes, but no one player can carry the team through the playoffs. Sometimes Curry goes cold and Thompson scores 40 and then vice versa. Or Draymond gets a triple double and carries the team. Teams like the Cavaliers have learned that teams cannot depend on one guy to carry the team anymore.

As far as fundamentals, athleticism reigns over fundamentals in the NBA but I think the thought that they are not fundamental is exaggerated. Kindve like Duke v North Carolina. People like to say it's the fundamental team v. the talented team. Well that's not even close to always being true.

The game has changed but that doesn't mean it has changed for the worst. If you are a purist then the Spurs are your team no doubt but the new brand of basketball, as showcased by GSW, is still all about teamwork but in its own way. GSW doesn't shoot mid range jumpers( they'd much rather take a step back and shoot a three) and they tend to jack up the threes, but no one player can carry the team through the playoffs. Sometimes Curry goes cold and Thompson scores 40 and then vice versa. Or Draymond gets a triple double and carries the team. Teams like the Cavaliers have learned that teams cannot depend on one guy to carry the team anymore.

As far as fundamentals, athleticism reigns over fundamentals in the NBA but I think the thought that they are not fundamental is exaggerated. Kindve like Duke v North Carolina. People like to say it's the fundamental team v. the talented team. Well that's not even close to always being true.

Oh I understand about talent and all that. The warriors are a fun team to watch as well. Probably has a lot to do with who Steve Kerr learned from. I do wish that the league would move the three point line back. It's probably going to have to happen eventually. They'll widen the court to the same as they use in International play. The players are more athletic and talented but overall the level of play is ugly as hell. I guess in today's society the sports center highlight is what matters. If they want that then so be it, I just choose to watch something else.

• 4 weeks later...

Stephen Curry will be announced as league MVP for the second year in a row. He added +6ppg from last year which is even more impressive. Not to mention that he nailed 400+ threes in the regular season which annihilates any three point record by anybody not named Curry.

Also, last night in overtime, he scored 17 points which is ah all time NBA record( regular season and playoffs) and 40 points total to lead his team to the win.

If Curry wasn't hurt the past 4 games, you'd have to think this series would be over.

Oddity) Steph Curry is only the fifth highest paid player on his team. 63 players in the NBA now make more than the two time MVP and instant gamechanger. That contract doesn't seem to bother Steph Curry either.

With the 73 regular season wins in mind, I will be more than willing to believe that GSW is the best TEAM of ALL TIME if they pull off a second consecutive NBA championship. GSW might seem like all flash and fireworks, but in reality they are just as efficient as the old school, methodical teams and their slow paced offenses

Stephen Curry will be announced as league MVP for the second year in a row. He added +6ppg from last year which is even more impressive. Not to mention that he nailed 400+ threes in the regular season which annihilates any three point record by anybody not named Curry.

Also, last night in overtime, he scored 17 points which is ah all time NBA record( regular season and playoffs) and 40 points total to lead his team to the win.

If Curry wasn't hurt the past 4 games, you'd have to think this series would be over.

Oddity) Steph Curry is only the fifth highest paid player on his team. 63 players in the NBA now make more than the two time MVP and instant gamechanger. That contract doesn't seem to bother Steph Curry either.

With the 73 regular season wins in mind, I will be more than willing to believe that GSW is the best TEAM of ALL TIME if they pull off a second consecutive NBA championship. GSW might seem like all flash and fireworks, but in reality they are just as efficient as the old school, methodical teams and their slow paced offenses

I have no problem with Golden State. They are a great team. Steve Kerr learned from Lute Olsen and Phil Jackson, two of the best at having sound fundamental play. As for greatest ever, it's a discussion worth having but I wouldn't consider them that yet. Winning this year would mean the greatest single season in league history but if they want to be the greatest team of all time they have to win at least a third next season.

I won't. Greatest season of all time yes. Team no IMO. They would lose to at least 1 of the 96-98 Bulls teams if not all 3. As tough as D's try to be on D w/ Steph there is nobody in the game today that can play D as well as Michael and Scottie from a Guard through small forward perspective. They would slow down GS just enough. GS does not have the D on the other hand to really slow down Michael & company. Lastly Michael not only is the greatest player of all time, he arguably has the greatest will of all time.

I won't. Greatest season of all time yes. Team no IMO. They would lose to at least 1 of the 96-98 Bulls teams if not all 3. As tough as D's try to be on D w/ Steph there is nobody in the game today that can play D as well as Michael and Scottie from a Guard through small forward perspective. They would slow down GS just enough. GS does not have the D on the other hand to really slow down Michael & company. Lastly Michael not only is the greatest player of all time, he arguably has the greatest will of all time.

Haha. Well that is your opinion and I respect that.

Archived