Golden State Warrior's Chase to 73 wins

aujeff11

I really wish it was more like soccer, where caps for your national team are generally considered the pinnacle of a professional career.

yep ... and dont most hockey players play for their international teams? i wish pro players still cared to represent their country. pretty soon we should/need to revert back to the amateur only players the way it used to be.

We've been kicking ass since 1992 and will continue to kick ass; I don't see the issue.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

-Dynamic trios ( Curry, Klay, Green; Lebron, Irving, Love)

GS has 4. Link Defensive stopper Andre Iggi is on the roster too. I'll take these 7 plus Leonard & KD & gladly take on any country in the world.

I think at one time we actually sent a "core" team for the Olympics and added some players to strengthen some positions. I agree with your team....but I expect someone will decide that diversity is important and like the baseball all star game, will try to "reward" as many top players as they can, without regard to the "team" aspects of the squad.

I think the biggest challenge will be getting players to play. Stud players get pressure from their owners to not play since they play their salaries & the Olympics don't. Owners don't want some to play to avoid injury. As much as I'd love to see Steph light up the world I think he will sit out since his ankle is still not 100% and I can't blame him.

Paul George broke his leg during the Olympics and forced him to miss a whole NBA season. He says keep preaching bruh.

I didn't say I agree w/ it. I just understand it. I would play because representing the USA in anything is important to me.

It might be important to you but when millions of dollars are at risk via injury, like in PG's case, I'd rather be more cautious. Not only was the knee injury a blow to his pocketbook, it hurt his development quite a bit. Even heading to the all star break this season he still wasnt back to his original self.

All that is why I said I understand. I should also point out that it in no way makes any guy a bad person who does not want to play for USA in leu of a possible injury.

I really wish it was more like soccer, where caps for your national team are generally considered the pinnacle of a professional career.

I understand why people feel this way, but we all have to keep in mind that at least for basketball, this won't ever be a reality. In many other sports, like soccer, gymnastics, swimming, or ice skating, etc., being a part of the United States Olympic team is considered the pinnacle of one's career. However, at least in those sports the national competition as a whole and historically has been much more consistent and deep. Additionally, the sense of pride among competitors is deeper in other sports. I understand we now have some European competition in basketball, but I doubt Spaniards' sense of pride in their basketball team will ever amount to their pride in Spanish soccer, or Russian pride in hockey or gymnastics, or Chinese pride in diving. When it isn't as meaningful to other countries, then its hard to generate the type of pride you are talking about. Furthermore, soccer is unique to most every sport simply because of its global popularity, its accessibility and its lack of financial barriers to play. There are countless countries who derive their sole athletic and national identities from soccer. I can't think of one where basketball means the same thing, certainly not the United States.

-Dynamic trios ( Curry, Klay, Green; Lebron, Irving, Love)

GS has 4. Link Defensive stopper Andre Iggi is on the roster too. I'll take these 7 plus Leonard & KD & gladly take on any country in the world.

I think at one time we actually sent a "core" team for the Olympics and added some players to strengthen some positions. I agree with your team....but I expect someone will decide that diversity is important and like the baseball all star game, will try to "reward" as many top players as they can, without regard to the "team" aspects of the squad.

I think the biggest challenge will be getting players to play. Stud players get pressure from their owners to not play since they play their salaries & the Olympics don't. Owners don't want some to play to avoid injury. As much as I'd love to see Steph light up the world I think he will sit out since his ankle is still not 100% and I can't blame him.

Paul George broke his leg during the Olympics and forced him to miss a whole NBA season. He says keep preaching bruh.

I didn't say I agree w/ it. I just understand it. I would play because representing the USA in anything is important to me.

It might be important to you but when millions of dollars are at risk via injury, like in PG's case, I'd rather be more cautious. Not only was the knee injury a blow to his pocketbook, it hurt his development quite a bit. Even heading to the all star break this season he still wasnt back to his original self.

All that is why I said I understand. I should also point out that it in no way makes any guy a bad person who does not want to play for USA in leu of a possible injury.

I understand why people feel this way, but we all have to keep in mind that at least for basketball, this won't ever be a reality. In many other sports, like soccer, gymnastics, swimming, or ice skating, etc., being a part of the United States Olympic team is considered the pinnacle of one's career. However, at least in those sports the national competition as a whole and historically has been much more consistent and deep. Additionally, the sense of pride among competitors is deeper in other sports. I understand we now have some European competition in basketball, but I doubt Spaniards' sense of pride in their basketball team will ever amount to their pride in Spanish soccer, or Russian pride in hockey or gymnastics, or Chinese pride in diving. When it isn't as meaningful to other countries, then its hard to generate the type of pride you are talking about. Furthermore, soccer is unique to most every sport simply because of its global popularity, its accessibility and its lack of financial barriers to play. There are countless countries who derive their sole athletic and national identities from soccer. I can't think of one where basketball means the same thing, certainly not the United States.

For a lot of countries, soccer or something else is about all they have to hang their hat on as far as national pride goes. The United States, being in the position it is in the world, doesn't feel that same emotion over any sport. It doesn't need to.

I didn't feel well and fell asleep last night instead of watching the game, but I'm glad that GSW got the win. I'm strongly in the anti-Lebron James fan club so I will proudly root for anybody that plays against him. Otherwise, I'm just a spectator that really likes the GSW show. For this series though, Go GSW!!

It really doesn't make much difference to me which team wins. I used to be a LeBron hater but I've sort of come around. I like GS and they are fun to watch. Just waiting out the next couple of years so my Lakers can put a contender together.

I always like feel good stories. LeBron winning for his home team is one I would like to see. He has wanted that to be his legacy from the beginning. I hope he does it this year. It would take that burden off of him.

I always like feel good stories. LeBron winning for his home team is one I would like to see. He has wanted that to be his legacy from the beginning. I hope he does it this year. It would take that burden off of him.

He has his own legacy. LBJ telling ESPN to do a show so he can announce that he will take his talents to Miami for not one! Not two! not three! not four! Not five! Not six! but seven championships. The fact that he has to play with three other all world all stars everywhere where he goes is the reason why he won't ever be MJ, not even come close to it. Which is sad because he is built like a PF and has the quickness of a PG.

He has his own legacy. LBJ telling ESPN to do a show so he can announce that he will take his talents to Miami for not one! Not two! not three! not four! Not five! Not six! but seven championships. The fact that he has to play with three other all world all stars everywhere where he goes is the reason why he won't ever be MJ, not even come close to it. Which is sad because he is built like a PF and has the quickness of a PG.

2 things. 1. ESPN came to him not him to them. 2. He has stated countless times he regrets how he handles the announcement thing including the not 4, 5, 6 thing. He's matured from those mistakes so I don't hold him to them anymore. Trust me, I couldn't stand him from that mess also but no reason to dislike him from mistakes he has learned from.

2 things. 1. ESPN came to him not him to them. 2. He has stated countless times he regrets how he handles the announcement thing including the not 4, 5, 6 thing. He's matured from those mistakes so I don't hold him to them anymore. Trust me, I couldn't stand him from that mess also but no reason to dislike him from mistakes he has learned from.

LBJ knew what he was doing when he scheduled the decision show. It was a self-interested move that basicallly embarassed his own home state. He even wanted more than a show.

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/07/espn_reports_lebron_james_will.html

I have no clue about who reached out to who, but it's clear that LBJ's intent was completely self-promotional and did not care about burning bridges. Not only that, I don't like his leadership style such as the way he talks at his teammates through the press. I also hate how he tries to usurp the head coaches power and then starts calling the shots himself. There is much speculation that he is the reason why the previous coach got fired. Regardless, I lost much respect for LBJ in 2010 and he'll never get it back.

LBJ knew what he was doing when he scheduled the decision show. It was a self-interested move that basicallly embarassed his own home state. He even wanted more than a show.

http://www.cleveland...james_will.html

I have no clue about who reached out to who, but it's clear that LBJ's intent was completely self-promotional and did not care about burning bridges. Not only that, I don't like his leadership style such as the way he talks at his teammates through the press. I also hate how he tries to usurp the head coaches power and then starts calling the shots himself. There is much speculation that he is the reason why the previous coach got fired. Regardless, I lost much respect for LBJ in 2010 and he'll never get it back.

Well duh 2010 was self promotion & he knew what he was doing. That's a given & was not implied otherwise. All I was saying was he learned from those mistakes & regrets those choices. As for the rest that's your preference & that's cool. For me the series is bigger than Lebron. I'm pulling for Cleveland for Cleveland's sake regardless of Lebron. It gets crapped on as the worst major city in the US & have not had a championship of any kind since before the Super Bowl started.so I pulling for that city.

At the same time it won't bother me if GS wins cuz I like to see greatness on a grand scale & because Steph does things personality wise the way I like.

http://www.cleveland...james_will.html

Well duh 2010 was self promotion & he knew what he was doing. That's a given & was not implied otherwise. All I was saying was he learned from those mistakes & regrets those choices. As for the rest that's your preference & that's cool. For me the series is bigger than Lebron. I'm pulling for Cleveland for Cleveland's sake regardless of Lebron. It gets crapped on as the worst major city in the US & have not had a championship of any kind since before the Super Bowl started.so I pulling for that city.

At the same time it won't bother me if GS wins cuz I like to see greatness on a grand scale & because Steph does things personality wise the way I like.

Cleveland is one giant toilet bowl. That is the only reason why it gets crapped on. Without LBJ, I'd root for them I guess...

Cavs going to show up this series? Getting uglier

Golden State is taking care of business at home for sure. Like somebody said though, the series doesn't start until somebody loses at home. That's yet to happen so Cleveland is still very much in if.

I don't see Golden State's role players playing as well as they have been playing on the road in Cleveland. Just as I don't see the role players on the Cavs playing as poorly as they have in Oakland.

I think Cleveland takes this one but loses game 4 in a close one. 3-1 heading back to GS.

GS sweeps Cleveland & Lebron's legacy away in 4.

FAP to Lebron's legacy being swept away!!!!

Seriously though, I hate Lebron but I still say it takes 6 games.

I

I don't follow NBA very closely but seems the team and coach belong to LeBron...so perhaps he "owns" the outcome of the series.

That should be part of his legacy...not just his play on the court. JMO.

I

I don't follow NBA very closely but seems the team and coach belong to LeBron...so perhaps he "owns" the outcome of the series.

Legacy in terms of not being a tier 1 championship player. especially given he's the most physically gifted player the NBA has ever had. I would take a number of Superstar before LBJ in championship series including but not in order

Michael

Steph

Larry Bird

Magic

Jerry West

Wilt

Kareem

Kobe

Duncan

and Shaq even with the crappy FT shooting.

I'm sure there are some I'm missing.

I

Legacy in terms of not being a tier 1 championship player. especially given he's the most physically gifted player the NBA has ever had. I would take a number of Superstar before LBJ in championship series including but not in order

Michael

Steph

Larry Bird

Magic

Jerry West

Wilt

Kareem

Kobe

Duncan

My comment was to the rumor....assertion that he got the Cav's coach fired early in the season and convinced the owner to hire someone he approved of....which meant he did not have to pay attention to the coach if he did not want. Just seems that he is enough about "Labron" that his team comes second.. He has been a man since he was about 16 and never seemed to have to share the glory with anyone...or has not been willing to do so.

And BTW...that's an impressive list. but where is Bob Pettit and Bob Cousy ? Guess you are too young to remember them though you did pick up Jerry West....a good get...

I

Michael

Steph

Larry Bird

Magic

Jerry West

Wilt

Kareem

Kobe

Duncan

Bad move taking Jerry west before LeBron

GS is up 3-1 after beating Cleveland in Cleveland. Just one more win and Golden State's magical season is complete. Golden State now has 88 total wins for their whole season+playoffs which is one more than the 1995-1986 Bulls had in their great season.

Edit) Also, Golden State remarkably had a higher 3 point shooting percentage than their 2 point percentage. I can imagine old school basketball coaches everywhere are chewing on their gun barrels right about now.

GS is up 3-1 after beating Cleveland in Cleveland. Just one more win and Golden State's magical season is complete. Golden State now has 88 total wins for their whole season+playoffs which is one more than the 1995-1986 Bulls had in their great season.

Edit) Also, Golden State remarkably had a higher 3 point shooting percentage than their 2 point percentage. I can imagine old school basketball coaches everywhere are chewing on their gun barrels right about now.

Yes they are because there is zero defensive effort.

Yes they are because there is zero defensive effort.

You must be watching something totally different from what I've been watching. The games haven't been very competitive so far but it's not because of a lack of defensive effort.

Draymond Green will be suspended tonight. More than likely the series wont be ending tonight. :angry:

I have found the series to be extremely disappointing and boring. There have not been a lot of epic moments like the OKC series had with GSW. I thought the series had the potential to be a lot of back-and-forth. The wins have been underwhelming. The last game was the only one with a little drama. The rest have been blowouts.

Archived