Golden State Warrior's Chase to 73 wins

aujeff11

I have found the series to be extremely disappointing and boring. There have not been a lot of epic moments like the OKC series had with GSW. I thought the series had the potential to be a lot of back-and-forth. The wins have been underwhelming. The last game was the only one with a little drama. The rest have been blowouts.

Totally agree. The format needs to be changed. This isn't the first time that the conference finals were more exciting than the NBA finals either. Check back through this thread, I have said that we were spoiled by the OKC- GS series, Portland- GS, and Spurs-GS, all providing quality entertainment in the western conference alone. However, the competition in the east is dragging and the eastern team in the finals really hasn't played all that great so far.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How much longer is it going to take for the East to bring some powerhouse teams? They have been bad since Jordan retired, minus the few years with the Heat. Maybe if Stevens continues to improve Boston, they could be there in a few years. Knicks are terrible. Chicago should have been there already but can't keep their core healthy. If the Bulls had gotten Melo or Lebron to go along with Rose, it would have likely been there. Then again, Rose being injured was the issue already.

How much longer is it going to take for the East to bring some powerhouse teams? They have been bad since Jordan retired, minus the few years with the Heat. Maybe if Stevens continues to improve Boston, they could be there in a few years. Knicks are terrible. Chicago should have been there already but can't keep their core healthy. If the Bulls had gotten Melo or Lebron to go along with Rose, it would have likely been there. Then again, Rose being injured was the issue already.

The Knicks, Bulls, C's and the Pistons all need to wake up. How many combined championships is that? Toronto and the Cavs make for terrible faces of the east lol. The eastern conference playoffs haven't been all that exciting since the Miami-Boston matchups a few years back.

Look at the west though:

Spurs

OKC

GS Warriors

Portland

Dallas

That's a lot of combined wins year in and year out.

Green being out is big. And it's bull as well

I have a very uneasy feeling about it. Golden State has never lost three games in a row but at the same time, the Cavaliers have Lebron James and that is enough to make you sweat by itself. After that, you know that if Kevin Love, JR Smith, and Irving all show up to play, the game is already over. Luckily for Golden State, Love is doing terrible and nobody ever passes the ball to JR Smith except for game 3.

Bogut is out for the series. Not good at all. If the Warriors don't win tonight then... :no:

It has been awhile since a game 7 in NBA finals. Warriors are missing Bogut. LeBron knows how to ball in elimination games. Should be fun on Sunday.

PS. They drag this out too long. It used to be consecutive days with games until you changed venues. Then they gave you 1 day off in between.

It has been awhile since a game 7 in NBA finals. Warriors are missing Bogut. LeBron knows how to ball in elimination games. Should be fun on Sunday.

PS. They drag this out too long. It used to be consecutive days with games until you changed venues. Then they gave you 1 day off in between.

3 yeas is not a long time. Miami over the Spurs in 2013.

Ok. I thought it was longer than that. Either way I hope this turns out to be a great game 7 with a deficit under 10 points when the clock hits zero.

Bogut is out for the series. Not good at all. If the Warriors don't win tonight then... :no:/>

my fears were realized. Went from 3-1 to 3-3 just like that.

They drag it out way too long.

Bogut is out for the series. Not good at all. If the Warriors don't win tonight then... :no:/>

They still got game 7 at home. Curry can go off and carry them to the championship. It should be a heck of a game.

They still got game 7 at home. Curry can go off and carry them to the championship. It should be a heck of a game.

Should be fun either way. As Stephen A pointed out this morning, most people missed it but Steph & Lebron were talking heavy smack to each other as Curry walked off the court in the 4th quarter.

Splash Brothers will have to carry the team to the W w/ Cleveland completely owning the boards w/ Bogut out. Something Curry & Klay have not done in tandum all series.

Should be fun either way. As Stephen A pointed out this morning, most people missed it but Steph & Lebron were talking heavy smack to each other as Curry walked off the court in the 4th quarter.

Splash Brothers will have to carry the team to the W w/ Cleveland completely owning the boards w/ Bogut out. Something Curry & Klay have not done in tandum all series.

Curry needs to talk a lot of smack because right now he is acting timid and making stupid mistakes at the same time so talking smack might wake him up. He needs to act like the MVP and not like a deer with the headlights stare.

Smack talking is exactly what Curry should not do. That is not his thing. He plays best when he just does his thing. Now Cleveland has thrown him off his game with their defense and his trash talking is a result of the frustration that has set in. That plays right into the hands of the Cavaliers.

Smack talking is exactly what Curry should not do. That is not his thing. He plays best when he just does his thing. Now Cleveland has thrown him off his game with their defense and his trash talking is a result of the frustration that has set in. That plays right into the hands of the Cavaliers.

Given how fired up he gets often times I think talking trash is a thing for Curry as a way to get dialed in.

Given how fired up he gets often times I think talking trash is a thing for Curry as a way to get dialed in.

I'm guessing Cavaliers wins. If so, the Warriors historic season will be tainted by their never-before-seen finals collapse.

I'm guessing Cavaliers wins. If so, the Warriors historic season will be tainted by their never-before-seen finals collapse.

And it will give the 96 Bulls bragging rights that they finished with a championship.

And it will give the 96 Bulls bragging rights that they finished with a championship.

I don't think the 96 Bulls care as much about it as fans. Heck it's been debated the past 2 weeks if GS could beat the 85 Showtime Lakers in a series.

Regardless I'm still picking GS. As great as Lebron is at times I still have yet to see him win a series when the other team has the more talented roster. Even w/ Bogut out & Iggy with potential back issies GS is still the more talented roster overall.

Wow. Finally a great game on this series! Fantastic year for both teams.

Great series ! Love the Warriors, but glad Cleveland finally won a championship, their first in any sport since 1964.

Got to disagree. That was an ugly game. Both Curry and LeBron had subpar games. Except LeBron took more shots and made more of them than Curry.

Curry really cost his team the game with all those stupid turnovers. A behind the back pass near the sidelines and it goes out of bounds. Even the Harlem Globetrotters wouldn't have done some of the things Curry did tonight.

I really felt Golden State should have won but when you choke it away like they did, you're going to lose. As soon as Game 6 ended I had a feeling Golden State was going to lose. They really needed Curry to step it but he just stayed back and pressed himself out of the game.

Got to disagree. That was an ugly game. Both Curry and LeBron had subpar games. Except LeBron took more shots and made more of them than Curry.

Curry really cost his team the game with all those stupid turnovers. A behind the back pass near the sidelines and it goes out of bounds. Even the Harlem Globetrotters wouldn't have done some of the things Curry did tonight.

I really felt Golden State should have won but when you choke it away like they did, you're going to lose. As soon as Game 6 ended I had a feeling Golden State was going to lose. They really needed Curry to step it but he just stayed back and pressed himself out of the game.

Even though it was ugly at times it was still a great game. Basketball version of a heavy weight fight with teams trading blows til the very end.

Yeah it sucked. As only a spectator, I'm glad to see a good finals but I still was biased toward GS. As wishy washy the Cleveland fans have been, they really didn't deserve the championship but regardless, Lebron made up for "the decision" by bringing a championship to Cleveland so good for him and the Cleveland fans. I still think he is a crybaby. What Kerr should've have done was broke the AC...

Archived