Golden State Warrior's Chase to 73 wins

aujeff11

Young or old, NBA fan or not, stay up late and watch one of his games and your interest may grow.

Former NBA stars and coaches are very critical of today's game because of the successes that Curry is having as well. Former NBA players like the walking triple double, Oscar Robertson, are claiming defense is not being extended out enough to guard Curry. What they don't realize is two things: Curry is just as effective with the dribble to take advantage of an over extended defense for an easy two points. Plus, Curry shoots 66% from 28 feet and out. There isn't much you can do as a defender if he is scoring from waaaaay downtown.

BTW, he just broke his own single season record of 3 point field goals made in one season and he has 24 games left! He is on pace to make 400 3 point field goals this season.

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw the game was on last night and wanted to keep it on long enough to see SC do something special. I haven't had the opportunity to see him in action bit have heard plenty. It only took 2 possessions before steph throws up a shot out of nowhere and make it like a shot from NBA Jam. Reminds me of Reggie miller/ Steve Kerr combined. He is unbelievable.

I saw the game was on last night and wanted to keep it on long enough to see SC do something special. I haven't had the opportunity to see him in action bit have heard plenty. It only took 2 possessions before steph throws up a shot out of nowhere and make it like a shot from NBA Jam. Reminds me of Reggie miller/ Steve Kerr combined. He is unbelievable.

I really wish he was on the east coast in a market like Chicago. I feel like 3/4's of the posters on here don't care about the NBA and the other quarter doesn't want to stay up late to watch him play. Whenever he is on the road though, like in Orlando, he captures the show. Orlando Magic fans were rooting for Steph just the other day lol. The difference between Steph and Miller is that Steph's shot is very quick, so quick that he doesn't need much separation from the defender at all.

Steph is now the kind of guy...like Michael Jordan, who brings fans into any arena he plays in.

I'm not an NBA fan so mostly I just watch the video clips of his exploits and no doubt, the guy is one of the few professional athletes who IMO are worth the price of admission.

I really wish he was on the east coast in a market like Chicago. I feel like 3/4's of the posters on here don't care about the NBA and the other quarter doesn't want to stay up late to watch him play. Whenever he is on the road though, like in Orlando, he captures the show. Orlando Magic fans were rooting for Steph just the other day lol. The difference between Steph and Miller is that Steph's shot is very quick, so quick that he doesn't need much separation from the defender at all.

yeah he put over 50 on the Magic before they knew it. I tried to pull some favors to get into the game but no takers. Hottest ticket in town. The next day reading the sport section the Magic players were amazed

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-stephen-curry-dazzles-fans-orlando-magic-20160225-premiumvideo.html

Thanks for the link Golf....what a great warm-up show....guy never seemed to miss....and as noted, he's such an unimposing guy....except with a basketball in his hands.

yeah he put over 50 on the Magic before they knew it. I tried to pull some favors to get into the game but no takers. Hottest ticket in town. The next day reading the sport section the Magic players were amazed

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-stephen-curry-dazzles-fans-orlando-magic-20160225-premiumvideo.html

Nice link Golf.

Interesting stat of the day:

Last WEEK Curry made 33 three point shots.

Jordan made more than 33 three point shots in a SEASON in only 4 of his 15 seasons!

I'm not saying this to compare Curry to Jordan as in one trumps the other, but I am posting this to point out the difference in our game today. Name one player today that could score 30 consistently primarily of two point field goals? With that said, this is the second straight phenomenal season that Curry has had and three or four more seasons like this and Curry belongs in the conversation.

...The difference between Steph and Miller is that Steph's shot is very quick, so quick that he doesn't need much separation from the defender at all...

You're right Jeff. That is where the Steve Kerr comparison comes in. Kerr used to have that quick draw shot. Does not hurt that Kerr is Curry's coach now. No wonder curry has gotten so much better these last few years.

I'm in that 3/4 who couldn't care less about the NBA, but I'll watch a Curry highlight every now and then. He certainly is a special player right now. Hope his ankle holds up.

I used to love the NBA in the Jordan/Thomas/Robinson/Ewing days. I gave it up for a long time, but I love to watch Curry work....I'll stay up late to watch that kid.

I used to love the NBA in the Jordan/Thomas/Robinson/Ewing days. I gave it up for a long time, but I love to watch Curry work....I'll stay up late to watch that kid.

You're so right. He lit it up again last night pouring in 41 points, 13 rebounds, and seven treys( which put him above 300 treys for the year) but GS isn't playing very good team basketball right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Great Spurs- Warriors game on right on now on ABC. Future playoffs matchup and the defensive intensity is kicked up a notch. Kawhi Leonard is a top three player in the NBA because he has the versatility to score, dribble, pass, rebound, and play defense, all of it very well.

Another interesting tidbit of the game, its a battle of two different offensive philosophies. The Spurs is very old school with the half court offense, pick and rolls, and the mid range jump shot. Golden State, in particular, Stephon Curry, try to stay away from mid range jump shots.

What's amazing with all of his statistics is that he hasn't even stepped on the court in the 4th quarter of like 16 games or something like that. Lol so he's hitting those numbers while playing in 4 less games. It's simply amazing.

I'd have loved to see some of these old timers, when the game wasn't even in the same stratosphere in terms of league wide athleticism, try to check Curry at half court only to have him sauce them with his dribbling ability then drill a shot from 27 feet out with their head still spinning. These old heads are hating hard.

Golden State has to win 10 out of 12 games to beat the '95-'96 Chicago Bulls record of 72 wins in a season. Let that sink in.

I'm pretty sure Golden State will get it but I'm also pretty sure they will be exhausted by the time the playoffs come around. They could easily fall to the Spurs if that's the case.

Golden State has 68 wins right now and the Spurs coach is going to rest his players against GSW during their two regular season matchups for the playoffs. You can kiss the 1995 Bulls record of 72 wins goodbye. What a special season.

Golden State will set the record and Curry will win the MVP. But my bold prediction is that they will not win the championship. Spurs in 7

I totally agree. Golden State's players will be worn out. They already are, they are barely winning when they normally would win by 10 or 11. However, to coach Kerr's credit, he asked the players if they wanted to go for the record, or play it conservative until the playoffs, and the team chose to go for the record, so it's on the players now

Warriors lost to Boston and then to the Wolves last night( not exactly world beater teams even though Boston is rising.) They are forced to win out to eclipse the Bulls mark.

The Warriors coasted to a victory against the Spurs last night and have now reached rhe 70 win mark. The Spurs started their regular five starters and they intend to do so again for their final regular season matchup against the Warriors. Spurs will rest their starters in the other two regular seaso games.

Spurs are trying to play spoiler pretty much.

Warriors barely edged out the Grizzlies. They were down 10 with about 6 minutes to go and Curry/Thompson never even got going. Keep in mind that this GS Warriors team beat the grizzlies by about 50 earlier this season. It's pretty evident the Warriors are mentally and emotionally drained from the record chase.

Alas, a mere two games are left but the Warriors play the Spurs at San Antonio tomorrow and San Anfonio never loses at home. And I will add that the Warriors haven't beat the Spurs in San Antonio since 1997....ouch

Golden State won tonight by six. It was on NBA tv though so I didn't get to watch.

Too bad there isn't a whole lot of NBA fans on this board because tonight is pretty special in Golden State history.

- They ended a long road losing drought to the Spurs that goes all the way back to when Tim Duncan was at Wake Forest.

- They ended the Spurs perfect home winning streak this season

and

- They matched the 72 wins of the 1995 Bulls.

-Only team to never lose to same team twice in a season

-Only team to never lose more than 1 game in a row in an 82 game season.

- Most road wins ever in a season.

Still got to play the short handed but scrappy Grizzlies at home though. Golden State should win easily but they barely won in Memphis last night so you never know.. Great season all around.

Hopefully Under Armour cashes in on Curry's success and they can market their basketball apparel more successfully now.

Archived