Golden State Warrior's Chase to 73 wins

aujeff11

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was a conditional statement contingent upon GSW winning the championship again next year but I do think GSW has to be at the top of not very close.

Curry- two time MVP

Thompson- Great defender, lethal shooter

Draymond Green- He is a big that can have a triple double and barely work for it. Excellent perimeter game.

Plus the other veterans:

A. Iguodala

Barbosa

Bogut

Varejao

Barnes

Shawn Livingston

There is talent across the board. There is no wonder they have yet to lose back to back games this whole season including the playoffs. They have three star players that can carry a team on any given day and depth of the big three for when the big three cant.

It was a conditional statement contingent upon GSW winning the championship again next year but I do think GSW has to be at the top of not very close.

Curry- two time MVP

Draymond Green- He is a big that can have a triple double and barely work for it. Excellent perimeter game.

Plus the other veterans:

A. Iguodala

Barbosa

Bogut

Varejao

Barnes

Shawn Livingston

There is talent across the board. There is no wonder they have yet to lose back to back games this whole season including the playoffs. They have three star players that can carry a team on any given day and depth of the big three for when the big three cant.

They are great no question but let's not forget the Bulls would have won 8 titles in a row had Michael not taken a 2 year shot at baseball.

Also in my earlier post I forgot one of the greatest power forward defensive players & rebounders of all time. Dennis Rodman would have killed the Warriors on the boards & give Green all kinds of fits (In case you are not old enough to remember Jeff, Yes Rodman could defend on the peremeter very well.).

Curry- two time MVP

Plus the other veterans:

A. Iguodala

Barbosa

Bogut

Varejao

Barnes

Shawn Livingston

They are great no question but let's not forget the Bulls would have won 8 titles in a row had Michael not taken a 2 year shot at baseball.

Also in my earlier post I forgot one of the greatest power forward defensive players & rebounders of all time. Dennis Rodman would have killed the Warriors on the boards & give Green all kinds of fits (In case you are not old enough to remember Jeff, Yes Rodman could defend on the peremeter very well.).

Youre talking bout 8 different teams. If you want to talk 2015-2016 warriors v 1995-1996 Bulls, I will. You're confusing things up though. I've yet to see a reason why those Bulls would beat GSW.

Curry- two time MVP

Plus the other veterans:

A. Iguodala

Barbosa

Bogut

Varejao

Barnes

Shawn Livingston

Youre talking bout 8 different teams. If you want to talk 2015-2016 warriors v 1995-1996 Bulls, I will. You're confusing things up though.

You are talking about multiple teams too. You said GS would have to win 3 in a row before you would consider them. I'm just saying that should be a measuring stick because of The Bulls would have winning 8 if Michael didn't play baseball 2 years. Also I was essentially talking only the 96-98 teams which were essentially the same for Chicago. The big 3 were all there as well as big time sub Tony Kukoc.
I've yet to see a reason why those Bulls would beat GSW.
Ummm

there is nobody in the game today that can play D as well as Michael and Scottie from a Guard through small forward perspective. They would slow down GS just enough. GS does not have the D on the other hand to really slow down Michael & company. Lastly Michael not only is the greatest player of all time, he arguably has the greatest will of all time.

I forgot one of the greatest power forward defensive players & rebounders of all time. Dennis Rodman would have killed the Warriors on the boards & give Green all kinds of fits

If you disagree that's fine. I will say this if GS gets KD like they & others are making financial room too then yes I would consider a GS team w/ Curry, Thompson, Green, & KD better than the Bulls regardless of what their regular season record may be in the coming years.

Neither would beat Lakers in seven. jmho

Wilt would destroy Longley for sure. Rodman would have to play him. I would pay to see that. Rodman gave Shaq fits.

Steve Kerr himself said if they wanted to keep winning championships MJ needed to step away from the game for those 2 years. He doesn't seem to think they would have won 8 in a row. Of course, we'll never know but Steve Kerr would be the man to know.

Curry- two time MVP

Plus the other veterans:

A. Iguodala

Barbosa

Bogut

Varejao

Barnes

Shawn Livingston

Youre talking bout 8 different teams. If you want to talk 2015-2016 warriors v 1995-1996 Bulls, I will. You're confusing things up though.

You are talking about multiple teams too. You said GS would have to win 3 in a row before you would consider them. I'm just saying that should be a measuring stick because of The Bulls would have winning 8 if Michael didn't play baseball 2 years. Also I was essentially talking only the 96-98 teams which were essentially the same for Chicago. The big 3 were all there as well as big time sub Tony Kukoc.
I've yet to see a reason why those Bulls would beat GSW.
Ummm
mall forward perspective

there is nobody in the game today that can play D as well as Michael and Scottie from a Guard through s. They would slow down GS just enough. GS does not have the D on the other hand to really slow down Michael & company. Lastly Michael not only is the greatest player of all time, he arguably has the greatest will of all time.

I forgot one of the greatest power forward defensive players & rebounders of all time. Dennis Rodman would have killed the Warriors on the boards & give Green all kinds of fits

If you disagree that's fine. I will say this if GS gets KD like they & others are making financial room too then yes I would consider a GS team w/ Curry, Thompson, Green, & KD better than the Bulls regardless of what their regular season record may be in the coming years.

I meant all this is contingent upon if GSW wins this year, not next year. I dont even know why I said next year....I think faster than I can type.

Maybe so, still doesnt mean a W for the Bulls. As a matter of fact, that just may mean that Bogut cleans the glass. The fact of the matter is that GSW has the best three pointer shooter of all time, a top three three-point shooter of all time, and better depth than the 95-96 Bulls.

There is nobody in the game today that can play D as well as Michael and Scottie from a Guard through s. They would slow down GS just enough.]
PURELY OPINION. Besides that, MJ and Pippen never had to play defense 35 feet out like GSW wants them to do, so you really have no clue how they would respond if they played against a GSW offense.

Maybe so, still doesnt mean a W for the Bulls. As a matter of fact, that just may mean that Bogut cleans the glass. The fact of the matter is that GSW has the best three pointer shooter of all time, a top three three-point shooter of all time, and better depth than the 95-96 Bulls.

His current three-point record is so ridiculous that it is not likely to be broken by anyone other than him unless the NBA starts playing like the Warriors.

Maybe so, still doesnt mean a W for the Bulls. As a matter of fact, that just may mean that Bogut cleans the glass.

No. Bogut right now is no better than Longley was. That's a wash. The Bulls were better rebounders at every other spot & would clean up the boards.

The fact of the matter is that GSW has the best three pointer shooter of all time, a top three three-point shooter of all time, and better depth than the 95-96 Bulls.
True but you are forgetting or not realizing that Michael & Scottie were 2 of the greatest peremeter defenders of all time along with Kobi in his prime. When Michael & Scottie decide they want Steph locked down they would hound him like he has never seen nor done today by any parameter defenders & he would go extended periods without even able to get a shot off.
There is nobody in the game today that can play D as well as Michael and Scottie from a Guard through s. They would slow down GS just enough.]
PURELY OPINION. Besides that, MJ and Pippen never had to play defense 35 feet out like GSW wants them to do, so you really have no clue how they would respond if they played against a GSW offense.
Opinion with a lot of backing. 19 All NBA Defense 1st teams between them. And you're right that I don't know but I have a strong idea. Nobody truly knows but the 35 feet versus 25 feet argument is lacking. The fundamentals MJ & Scottie used are the same no matter how far out the O starts.

Don;t get me wrong it would be a hell of a series & Steph would push MJ & Scottie as defenders more than they were ever pushed in their careers. I just think their length & physicality combined with their quickness & fundamentals would slow GS enough to let Rodman's rebounding & D plus MJ being the most complete player ever & his unmatched relentless will be the x factors. Again Just opinion.

His current three-point record is so ridiculous that it is not likely to be broken by anyone other than him unless the NBA starts playing like the Warriors.

He would have approached 500 if he had to play the 2nd half more this season.

Maybe so, still doesnt mean a W for the Bulls. As a matter of fact, that just may mean that Bogut cleans the glass.

No. Bogut right now is no better than Longley was. That's a wash. The Bulls were better rebounders at every other spot & would clean up the boards.

The fact of the matter is that GSW has the best three pointer shooter of all time, a top three three-point shooter of all time, and better depth than the 95-96 Bulls.
True but you are forgetting or not realizing that Michael & Scottie were 2 of the greatest peremeter defenders of all time along with Kobi in his prime. When Michael & Scottie decide they want Steph locked down they would hound him like he has never seen nor done today by any parameter defenders & he would go extended periods without even able to get a shot off.
Opinion with a lot of backing. 19 All NBA Defense 1st teams between them. And you're right that I don't know but I have a strong idea. Nobody truly knows but the 35 feet versus 25 feet argument is lacking. The fundamentals MJ & Scottie used are the same no matter how far out the O starts.

Don;t get me wrong it would be a hell of a series & Steph would push MJ & Scottie as defenders more than they were ever pushed in their careers. I just think their length & physicality combined with their quickness & fundamentals would slow GS enough to let Rodman's rebounding & D plus MJ being the most complete player ever & his unmatched relentless will be the x factors. Again Just opinion.

The 35 foot argument v the 25 foot argument isn't lacking at all. Did you see how many tear drop floaters GSW had yesterday? They were because GSW forces other teams to overextend,allowing the guards to break toward the goal. Also, this physicality is different than the physicality of the 90's. Many physical plays of today will be called fouls as compared to then when they were fair game. Advantage GSW. Not to mention that forcing the defenders to defend an extra ten feet is going to wear them out on the offensive end. You act like GSW cannot handle the fundamental teams even though they have this year when they handled the Spurs mostly all year long. And nobody can lock down Steph. He regularly makes shots despite great defense from other players. Even when Steph goes cold, he is still shooting shots that we are accustomed to him making. Nobody can double team him either because Klay and Draymond or Iguodala is just as lethal.

Man I wish I could see that series. That would have been must see tv. Epic.

Man I wish I could see that series. That would have been must see tv. Epic.

GSW- OKC isn't as strong as GSW- 95 Bulls by any means but it's up there. There are some great western conference matchups this year Too bad though the western conference teams are going to continue beating each other up allowing the Cavs of the east to breeze through the finals and steal a championship.

Steph Curry is un-guardable. His one on one ability coupled with his ball handling ability transcends eras. He gets the amount of space he needs to get a shot off in literally less than 1 second. With the amount of analytics and in depth film they have these days to study players the best defense on Curry is still to just hope he has an off day. You can try to rough him up but he will just pull back and sauce the defender off the dribble. That's how I see it anyways. Kobe said Tony Allen was the toughest defender he faced. And Curry makes Allen look like he's an average defender.

Steph Curry is un-guardable. His one on one ability coupled with his ball handling ability transcends eras. He gets the amount of space he needs to get a shot off in literally less than 1 second. With the amount of analytics and in depth film they have these days to study players the best defense on Curry is still to just hope he has an off day. You can try to rough him up but he will just pull back and sauce the defender off the dribble. That's how I see it anyways. Kobe said Tony Allen was the toughest defender he faced. And Curry makes Allen look like he's an average defender.

Agree....and to think that no so many years ago he was not considered good enough to get a scholarship offer from Duke and UNC...right down the road from his HS. What a transformation.

The voice of sanity. Thank you.

OKC appears to be the team that wants it more. OKC has home court advantage so this series is in their favor.

OKC appears to be the team that wants it more. OKC has home court advantage so this series is in their favor.

OKC has taken their game to a whole new level. I'm honestly surprised by this. It's only 2-1 and a game 4 win by GSW puts it back in their favor so we'll see how it plays out.

OKC has taken their game to a whole new level. I'm honestly surprised by this. It's only 2-1 and a game 4 win by GSW puts it back in their favor so we'll see how it plays out.

If Draymon gets suspended, I'm not saying he should, it will be 3-1 & GS will be in a big hole.

If Draymon gets suspended, I'm not saying he should, it will be 3-1 & GS will be in a big hole.

My guess is he does get a suspension. As I understand the criteria that is considered for such things, his intention is irrelevant. It's whether it was reckless and put a player in danger or something to that effect.

Looks like GSW is going to lose for the consecutive time for the first time this whole season. But the weird thing is that they look like a team that shouldn't win 50 games. They are not playing hard at all, just a bunch of lollligagging on both sides of the court.

Archived