Golden State Warrior's Chase to 73 wins

aujeff11

Kevin Durant picked Golden State as his next destination. This starting five is looking like woah!!!

Steph Curry

Klay Thompson

Iguodala

KD

Draymond

Money is not limitless though so I bet their bench depth shrinks

Didn't Iggy come off the bench? Most likely they'd let Barnes and his money go to Dallas and the first 5 would be:

Curry

Thompson

Durant (at a stretch 3-4!)

Green

Bogut

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kevin Durant picked Golden State as his next destination. This starting five is looking like woah!!!

Steph Curry

Klay Thompson

Iguodala

KD

Draymond

Money is not limitless though so I bet their bench depth shrinks

Didn't Iggy come off the bench? Most likely they'd let Barnes and his money go to Dallas and the first 5 would be:

Curry

Thompson

Durant (at a stretch 3-4!)

Green

Bogut

To make KD money work Bogut almost has to be traded. Festus & Barnes will be let go too.

Perhaps, I haven't really looked at their cap space because I follow the Celtics and Spurs more closely but I was under the assumption that every team was going to have much more room with the cap expansion this season with the exception of Cleveland and a few others.

Perhaps, I haven't really looked at their cap space because I follow the Celtics and Spurs more closely but I was under the assumption that every team was going to have much more room with the cap expansion this season with the exception of Cleveland and a few others.

Bogut made way too much money for his lack of production last year. And Durant is going to make a ton himself. Even if Bogut played great last year, if GSW still wanted Durant, keeping Bogut wouldn't be an option either.

Even with Durant, if the spurs get Gasol, they're still going to be really strong even though they're getting really long in the tooth.

Just saw on Twitter that the mavs are trying to get bogut as well.

Duncan may retire. That would put a dent in a spurs run

Even with Durant, if the spurs get Gasol, they're still going to be really strong even though they're getting really long in the tooth.

So combat aging by getting another ageless wonder? Brilliant

I'm pretty sure the spurs have proven that they are still contenders. Plus, Gasol had one of his best seasons to date last season. Maybe the Durant experiment works well and they become a Bulls of the 90's or maybe it doesn't work as well and turns out like that Heat experiment that was supposed to be such a dynasty that never was. To question San Antonio leadership and coaching I also say is in your own words "brilliant".

I'm pretty sure the spurs have proven that they are still contenders. Plus, Gasol had one of his best seasons to date last season. Maybe the Durant experiment works well and they become a Bulls of the 90's or maybe it doesn't work as well and turns out like that Heat experiment that was supposed to be such a dynasty that never was. To question San Antonio leadership and coaching I also say is in your own words "brilliant".

The Spurs did nothing to prove that they can play at a high level next year. OKC proved that the old guys could not hang! The Spurs were in conservation mode with the big three the whole season and still didn't do much in the playoffs because their legs were worn out. Duncan is done. Ginobili has been out of his prime for years and had to announce he was not retiring( just in case you were wondering how close to retirement he is), and Tony Parker is getting old himself. Pau Gasol is not only going to be 37 next season, his defense which was already a liability, will be a couple steps worse. The Spurs should be building up behind Leonard and start adding pieces to surround him long term.

When TF did I ever question San Antonio's coaching? I'll be waiting. How in the hell was the Heat experiment a failure? They got two championships out of the experiment and a couple more appearances...

When you have James, Wade, Bosh, and Allen coming off the bench and only get two rings, I consider that a disappointment. Also, Duncan will probably will retire and Gasol will be his replacement. Aldridge still has a pretty good game and Parker is older but still a great play maker and sets his teammates up well.

Leonard is as you said a star. He also plays solid defense along with Green who can have flashes of good offense.

Pop manages his older players throughout the season by giving them as much rest as possible. I would also suspect there is a European player or D-League player they've stashed that's going to be on the roster this season and doing well. The Spurs in the past 15 years or so is one of those teams that I count on being a winner and having an impact on the the league. They're kind of like the Patriots.

When you have James, Wade, Bosh, and Allen coming off the bench and only get two rings, I consider that a disappointment. Also, Duncan will probably will retire and Gasol will be his replacement. Aldridge still has a pretty good game and Parker is older but still a great play maker and sets his teammates up well.

Leonard is as you said a star. He also plays solid defense along with Green who can have flashes of good offense.

Pop manages his older players throughout the season by giving them as much rest as possible. I would also suspect there is a European player or D-League player they've stashed that's going to be on the roster this season and doing well. The Spurs in the past 15 years or so is one of those teams that I count on being a winner and having an impact on the the league. They're kind of like the Patriots.

Aldridge is a good player but his team wont match up well with the Dubs if Pau Gasol, Aldridge, and Manu are all on the court at the same time. Two rings is never a disappointment, frand.

The spurs are too old to keep up with athletic teams. Aldridge froze up in the playoffs. He's going to have to prove he can carry a team when the lights are on

David West just signed with GS as well. All GS needs is two or three more ring chasing, minimum wage, veterans like Richard Jefferson of the Cavs and the GSW will solve their new depth problem.

The spurs are too old to keep up with athletic teams. Aldridge froze up in the playoffs. He's going to have to prove he can carry a team when the lights are on

This^

The Spurs are definitely aging but it's hard for me to say they're not going to be competitive until they're not. What is most disappointing is the lack of impactful moves by the C's. I think Horford will help but I was really hoping for the Butler trade or something else. Maybe now that there is speculation that OKC will move Westbrook, Ainge can package those future first round picks and some players for him. OKC will never get what he's worth in a trade, but it would be crazy for them to let him go in free agency like Durant.

David West just signed with GS as well. All GS needs is two or three more ring chasing, minimum wage, veterans like Richard Jefferson of the Cavs and the GSW will solve their new depth problem.

Speaking of vets basically willing to work for free, Jermaine O' Neal, David Lee, and Ray Allen all have had their agents contact GSW wanting a spot on their team.

DWade going to Chi-town. Wow. If the deal gets completed, I assume that Maybe Rondo is the 1 Butler is the 2 and with Dunleavey getting shipped to Cleveland, DWade/McDermott would be the 3/4and Taj the 5 in this Eastern version of small ball.

We have enough NBA fans that post to have different topics. It would be nice to have a Free Agency thread given the l;ast page or so on this one. I'm about to make a Team USA basketball thread.

Archived