Golden State Warrior's Chase to 73 wins

aujeff11

Wow. Finally a great game on this series! Fantastic year for both teams.

Got to disagree. That was an ugly game. Both Curry and LeBron had subpar games. Except LeBron took more shots and made more of them than Curry.

LeBron had 27, 11, and 11. In what world is that subpar?

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just thinking out loud, I can imagine this loss will leave an ever lasting taste of defeat that will ultimately never be completely healed. I'm sure the Golden State Warriors are going to have to do some soul searching because they just performed the first ever 3-1 choke job in all of the NBA history. So the GS Fans are not going to get to enjoy their 73 win season which is also an NBA record because nobody gives a s*** about how pretty your team looked in the regular season.

Also, Curry showed who the best player in all of the world is and it isn't him. He might be the MVP but James is all world still.

Got to disagree. That was an ugly game. Both Curry and LeBron had subpar games. Except LeBron took more shots and made more of them than Curry.

Lebron James did that on a sub par performance. He was 9-24 from the field. If you look at Lebron James capabilities, you'd see that he can almost average a triple double without breaking a sweat. If Lebron goes off, he hits 41 points two games in a row...

It is just crazy to think that there has never been a 3-1 deficit overcome in the finals, and the team to do it was the team that had never won a championship against the greatest regular season team ever and defending Champs. Crazy how sports work sometimes. The block was simply amazing.

So much for "Greatest NBA team ever"

Even from the beginning that hypothetical rested on the condition that the Warriors won the finals again.

5 turnovers in a Finals game ties the record for most on that w/ Magic Johnson. And they were all careless TOs. Given the positives he did tonight especially late I wouldn't say it was subpar. I would call it a meh performance overall by Lebron standards.

Lebron James did that on a sub par performance. He was 9-24 from the field. If you look at Lebron James capabilities, you'd see that he can almost average a triple double without breaking a sweat. If Lebron goes off, he hits 41 points two games in a row...

His numbers may not look what we know LeBron can do (still a good line to anyone else) but he contributed to 50% of the points scored for the Cavs tonight either scoring or assisting and made the plays when the game was on the line on both ends of the floor. Overall I thought Irving was the reason the game was won tonight as just about every shot he made was tough and clutch. Also the 4 point play by the other Cavs player that flipped the score. Green played amazing tonight. Curry, as you said, still has work to do to claim to be the best.

im glad the season is over because I feel like after this offseason, the Celtics are going to be big time contenders for the championship again.

im glad the season is over because I feel like after this offseason, the Celtics are going to be big time contenders for the championship again.

I wish the NBA would last at least another two months. All we have to look forward to now is baseball (bleh.)

The man led every player on both teams in every major statistical category for the entire series. How can anyone hate on him? He was down 3-1 to a 73 win team and takes control. Simply amazing. 9/24 isn't that bad considering the only other person who played major minutes last night who was really more impressive than Lebron from a shooting efficiency standpoint was Draymond Green. Couple that 9/24 shooting with 11 rebounds and 11 assists and what he brought to the table in that his fingerprints were all over this game it cancels out a 9/24 shooting night.

Curry has been out of character the last few days. Pressure + not playing well was probably agitating him quite a bit.

The man led every player on both teams in every major statistical category for the entire series. How can anyone hate on him? He was down 3-1 to a 73 win team and takes control. Simply amazing. 9/24 isn't that bad considering the only other person who played major minutes last night who was really more impressive than Lebron from a shooting efficiency standpoint was Draymond Green. Couple that 9/24 shooting with 11 rebounds and 11 assists and what he brought to the table in that his fingerprints were all over this game it cancels out a 9/24 shooting night.

Curry has been out of character the last few days. Pressure + not playing well was probably agitating him quite a bit.

How can I hate on him? Who is hating on his performance? I still don't care for him as an athlete but I also called him All-world. How is that hating on him? 9-24 isn't very good for a player that doesn't shoot a lot of threes. His average shot is less than ten feet. 9-24 is basically a volume shooter like JR Smith. Players like JR have to will their way into shooting streaks.

I wish the NBA would last at least another two months. All we have to look forward to now is baseball (bleh.)

Not me. I got Nascar baby! But yeah, if O'Bannon had not screwed us all over I'd have a certain football game to play to get me from mid July til the season starts.

How can I hate on him? Who is hating on his performance? I still don't care for him as an athlete but I also called him All-world. How is that hating on him? 9-24 isn't very good for a player that doesn't shoot a lot of threes. His average shot is less than ten feet. 9-24 is basically a volume shooter like JR Smith. Players like JR have to will their way into shooting streaks.

Wasn't necessarily talking about you regarding the hate. I know there's a lot of Lebron haters there but you don't seem to be one of them as you acknowledged how much great he played in the key games in the FInals. But I must say, I agree shooting 9/24 isn't good. Especially since he's not a perimeter shooter. But relatively, 9/24 was one of the best shooting performances of the evening so within the game he wasn't hurting his team with that 9/24 stat -- which makes it forgivable to me. Plus of course his other contributions. For the record I'm not a Lebron fan but I do think he's unjustly criticized, but obviously everyone can have their own opinion on the guy. Him flopping at his size is infuriating to watch, though I can definitely see why people rail on him for that.

I am curious what you mean by you don't care for him as an athlete though? Can you elaborate? He's probably the most physically gifted and dominant athlete in the world at this time, in my opinion, so I'm curious as to how you feel about him as an athlete.

Wasn't necessarily talking about you regarding the hate. I know there's a lot of Lebron haters there but you don't seem to be one of them as you acknowledged how much great he played in the key games in the FInals. But I must say, I agree shooting 9/24 isn't good. Especially since he's not a perimeter shooter. But relatively, 9/24 was one of the best shooting performances of the evening so within the game he wasn't hurting his team with that 9/24 stat -- which makes it forgivable to me. Plus of course his other contributions. For the record I'm not a Lebron fan but I do think he's unjustly criticized, but obviously everyone can have their own opinion on the guy. Him flopping at his size is infuriating to watch, though I can definitely see why people rail on him for that.

I am curious what you mean by you don't care for him as an athlete though? Can you elaborate? He's probably the most physically gifted and dominant athlete in the world at this time, in my opinion, so I'm curious as to how you feel about him as an athlete.

I probably should have said that I don't care for him as a player, not athlete. Lebron is one of the most athletic players in the history of sports with his size and quickness. Scroll back a page or two and see my convo with E and you'll see why I generally don't like LBJ as a teammate although I will admit LBJ actually trusted his teammates this year. Which is funny because when his teammates were better, he had trust issues. You're right though... His flops are atrocious. His ex teammate Varejao probably taught him that because his flops were the worst.

I probably should have said that I don't care for him as a player, not athlete. Lebron is one of the most athletic players in the history of sports with his size and quickness. Scroll back a page or two and see my convo with E and you'll see why I generally don't like LBJ as a teammate although I will admit LBJ actually trusted his teammates this year. Which is funny because when his teammates were better, he had trust issues. You're right though... His flops are atrocious. His ex teammate Varejao probably taught him that because his flops were the worst.

Gotcha. I understand now. And I think it would be a solid move to start fining players more aggressively for flopping. I initially thought they should fine refs for watching the physical reaction of a guy rather than the play but within the game it's too hard at that speed. But the league office should review all of this and be aggressive in fining players, at least at first, to get the message across.

Manu Ginobili

Dwyane Wade

James Harden

Andy Verejao

Paul Pierce

1st Team All-Flop team with Lebron as 6th man

I guess it does mean something to some of the 95-96 Bulls members.

http://espn.go.com/c...e-greatest-team

Yeah. Other than Scottie saying he felt the Bulls would in in 5 earlier this year I had not heard anything from that Bulls team til after the series ended last night.

One of those things that probably would not have been said if GSW won that game.

There has been some pretty good ball played up to this point. I wouldn't mind seeing the season shortened a bit but I really do like some baseball. As long as it's Red Sox/Dodger/Tigers baseball.

There has been some pretty good ball played up to this point. I wouldn't mind seeing the season shortened a bit but I really do like some baseball. As long as it's Red Sox/Dodger/Tigers baseball.

:puke: :puke: :puke: ...Cubbies baby!

About basketball and the Warriors/Cavs. I first got into sports and watching the NBA mid-late 80's. I was able to watch Bird and Magic win championships and the rise of the "Bad Boys " and then the Bulls dynasty. After watching these finals and those of the last several years, Lebron, as great and talented as he is, doesn't have the assassin in him that MJ, Magic, Bird, Zeke, etc...had. There were so many times he was driving the lane and I thought without a doubt he was going to score or be fouled, only for him to pass. I felt like in those situations Jordan, Thomas, Magic keeps on driving the lane and gets the bucket and or foul. I think Lebron has the talent to be a top 3 greatest ever, just not the instinct. And for the record, I'm with pippen, the '96 Bulls would've stroked either one of this years finalists.

• 2 weeks later...

Kevin Durant picked Golden State as his next destination. This starting five is looking like woah!!!

Steph Curry

Klay Thompson

Iguodala

KD

Draymond

Money is not limitless though so I bet their bench depth shrinks

Kevin Durant picked Golden State as his next destination. This starting five is looking like woah!!!

Steph Curry

Klay Thompson

Iguodala

KD

Draymond

What cap moves did they make to get KD? Trade Bogut?

Steph Curry

Klay Thompson

Iguodala

KD

Draymond

What cap moves did they make to get KD? Trade Bogut?

Yeah probably. They're not going to match Harrison Barnes offer for sure. Ezeli will be gone also. Fortunately for GSW, Steph and Klay are still way underpaid which allowed this.

For there to be three heavy shooters on this team now, I'm starting to think this won't work. Last year, a lot of their regular season success was a lot about continuity and I wonder if this team will gel at all. But hey, adding KD will open up the floor even more, so the potential is definitely there.

Archived