Stadium Upgrade

TigerDad

I thought they were going to work on the concourses, but as far as I can tell, nothing has been started yet. There is the possibility that we have every construction company in the south east doing something right now, and theres just no one to do the work.

I read somewhere that when A-Day rolls around, only one side of the stadium would be open to get in .

www.auburntigers.com

January 14, 2005

AUBURN -- Auburn’s annual spring football game, A-Day, will be held March 19 at 1 p.m. (CT) at Jordan-Hare Stadium.  Due to construction, only the west side of the stadium will be open for seating.

Auburn will tentatively begin spring practice on March 1.

Auburn’s baseball team faces Tennessee on March 19 at 4 p.m. at Samford Stadium-Hitchcock Field at Plainsman Park

they are doing something right now outside of the tiger walk entrance. i can't really tell if it is just piping or if they are building something

A VP in the AU administration visited me in my office this week and after discussing the reason for being there, we discussed AU stuff in general. I learned that the entire football field will be removed and a new underground drainage system will be installed. This drainage system is not for the football field, but for the AU campus. This is the reason A-Day is being played so early.

In order to explain this, let me say that I know a good deal about the AU campus underground storm drainage system. The main drainage for the AU campus runs directly under JH Stadium. It continues under the Coliseum parking lot towards intramurial fields. Running directly under the football field at JH are massive drainage pipes that collect and transmit runoff from various parts of campus...mainly everything upstream from JH. As development of that part of campus has increased in the past few years, runoff has also consequently increased. The point has been reached where the underground system is at capacity and is in need of replacement. The only way to accomplish this is to replace the pipes uner JH which will require digging up the football field. The added benefit to all of this is that we will have an even better and more modern football field with the latest underdrain system (which helps immensely when it rains during games).

And I don't think the Athletic Dept is having to pay for this.

Archived