At least * 36 dead after explosions at Brussels airport, Metro station

AURaptor

Pin these actions on 1.7 billion people, 99.9999999% of whom were in no way involved.

FEAR THOSE WHO ARE DIFFERENT!

Ignore the rabble rousers who warn of blowback. Blowback is not now and has never been a factor in the motivations of these godless, subhuman goat___ing savages. They hate us cuz they ain't us.

If we've done anything wrong, it's not killing and bombing enough.

Make America great again.

WAR IS PEACE. FREEDOM IS SLAVERY. IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH.

Nice stretch there...the issue comes down to a few simple things:

No one is against Muslims being in the US. Yes, there are 1.6b Muslims; most of which are peaceful. Three issues

• What to do when a flood of refugees are allowed into countries with no expectation of assimilation; or any real vetting on their backgrounds. Refusing entry of Muslims from ISIL controlled territory is just prudent until there is a proper system to tell which ones should and should not be admitted. Even the Europeans awoke to this reality...albeit pretty late in the game. Given that at least 2 of the Paris murderers came in that way on fake ID's produced from ISIL plundered equipment; it should not really be much of an issue to gain agreement on that point. More broadly, dealing with the issue in the region is a much more prudent and cost effective approach. We've also seen what happens in place like Paris and Brussels when there is no expectation or effort at assimilation. Not much of a way to run a country
  • While "most" of the 1.6b Muslims are peaceful and innocent, per the Pew studies, ~72% of Muslims globally and ~81% in the US firmly reject violence (defined as suicide bombings or similar acts targeting civilians) in the name of Islam. So that is great. Now, that still leaves on the order of 400m that think it is ok at times. Again, I'm just using the Pew data (http://www.pewforum.org/2013/04/30/the-worlds-muslims-religion-politics-society-overview/)
  • Let's take yesterday's killings in Brussels and the arrests this past week of the Paris killer...the Paris killer was hiding in plain site in the middle of Brussels. He was the most wanted man on the planet, yet he was sheltered by the Brussels Muslim community and continued to plan operations. This does beg a question ....how does that happen? If all these Muslims are peaceful and most reject the notion of violence, how does the most wanted man on earth continue to operate for so long in this community. To not ask these questions is checking your brain at the door.

There is an obvious battle for the hearts and minds of the Muslim community that needs to be waged...because right now, it is reasonable to assume that there is a large number of people (~400m) who are sympathetic to jihad related killings...and given what we've seen in San Bernardino, Paris and Brussels, etc., it also appears there are a number of the other 1.2b who are willing to stand by by while jihad is planned and carried out in their neighborhood.

So what should we do? Rejecting any type of additional scrutiny from ISIL controlled territories is so comical that I'm going to assume any thinking person would reject that notion out of hand. If you don't know who they are; and you can't trust their IDs, you just can't blindly stand by and let them in your house. And, dealing with the issue in region is just much more cost effective and a better long term solution anyway. By the same token, 1/5 of the planet is Muslim, so we need to be comfortable assimilating them into modern Western society. The tricky part is what do you do with the rather large number that still thinks its OK to kill in the name of Islam? And how do you tell the difference between them and the prior group; and how do you get them to reject that notion; and get them rowing in the boat with you. Because in the end, the number one victim of jihadi's are Muslims. But, that doesn't keep ~400m people from thinking that's killing in the name of Islam is an OK approach for dealing with either non believers or apostates or gays or you name it....

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Elle - because they are completely different !!! Sandy hook ? The killer is dead! It's done! Not so with Islamic killers !!!!!!!!

What do you NOT GET ????

I don't get the part where you people want something done about terrorism abroad but not mass murders here who are American. I believe it was Red who posted a link that most of the mass casualties on American soil have been committed by non Muslims. But you ignore that.

i don't buy the we have home grown terrorists so let's not worry about importing some defense? That just doesn't fly if we can't figure out who is coming in the door it should be closed, the same rules that apply to your dwelling , would you let a perfect stranger move into your home without knowing them?

Elle - because they are completely different !!! Sandy hook ? The killer is dead! It's done! Not so with Islamic killers !!!!!!!!

What do you NOT GET ????

I don't get the part where you people want something done about terrorism abroad but not mass murders here who are American. I believe it was Red who posted a link that most of the mass casualties on American soil have been committed by non Muslims. But you ignore that.

Arm the citizens . There , that solves the lunatic issue. Now, how about bombing the hell out of Isis & tightening up Muslim immigration across the world ?

i don't buy the we have home grown terrorists so let's not worry about importing some defense? That just doesn't fly if we can't figure out who is coming in the door it should be closed, the same rules that apply to your dwelling , would you let a perfect stranger move into your home without knowing them?

Who says we aren't vetting refugees? How many refugees have committed terror in the name of Islam? San Bernadino I'm sure will be mentioned. Gun legislation could have prevented that.

It wasn't too long ago America was crying over the photo of a dead Syrian refuges boy washed up on a beach in Turkey and now we want to close our borders.

What do you NOT GET ????

Arm the citizens . There , that solves the lunatic issue. Now, how about bombing the hell out of Isis & tightening up Muslim immigration across the world ?

How many people around Ronald Reagan were armed when he got shot? Didn't stop that lunatic.

But yeah, let's go ahead and Bomb the Middle East . It probably won't cost Americans anything.

How many people around Ronald Reagan were armed when he got shot? Didn't stop that lunatic.

But yeah, let's go ahead and Bomb the Middle East . It probably won't cost Americans anything.

What the hell does 1 nut job have to do w/ militant radical Islam ?

Go ahead, and answer.

My thing is we have enough of our own crazies doing stuff in this country. We have enough to worry about without opening up and allowing unvetted refugees in that we can't fully determine their background on. I get that there are some legit refugees from Syria etc., that would most likely be good citizens and not terrorists, but in reality we can't fully tell who the extremist are. At this point I'd rather not increase our risk of events like in Brussels.

What the hell does 1 nut job have to do w/ militant radical Islam ?

Go ahead, and answer.

That was in response to your " arm the citizens" comment.

Huh ? Pretty sure Hinkley didn't have a carry permit.

On topic, they're saying 2 attackers may now be on the run, not just 1. Great.

There were armed people around Regan when he got shot. Those people having guns didn't prevent his getting shot.

It's like I'm speaking one language and you read another.

"If you stand up to discrimination in your country, you harm them much more than by hacking their websites. The Islamic State cannot recruit Muslims in Europe if they are accepted in society. So we want all of you to stand together against discrimination."

Anonymous has spoken about this attack.

http://m.mic.com/articles/138742/anonymous-threatens-isis-again-following-brussels-terror-attacks?utm_source=policymicTBLR&utm_medium=future&utm_campaign=social#.K8WpygoEI

There were armed people around Regan when he got shot. Those people having guns didn't prevent his getting shot.

Well, you've got that right. Where as I am talking about organized militant Islamicist that made plain and clear their intentions, you try to pair that with something so completely random and impossible to predict as some nutjob with a gun. They are not the same, by any stretch

"If you stand up to discrimination in your country, you harm them much more than by hacking their websites. The Islamic State cannot recruit Muslims in Europe if they are accepted in society. So we want all of you to stand together against discrimination."

http://m.mic.com/articles/138742/anonymous-threatens-isis-again-following-brussels-terror-attacks?utm_source=policymicTBLR&utm_medium=future&utm_campaign=social#.K8WpygoEI

The radical muslims do not want to be accepted into society,they want to change the society to there beliefs.

http://m.mic.com/art...cial#.K8WpygoEI

The radical muslims do not want to be accepted into society,they want to change the society to there beliefs.

What you're trying to do is take away the conditions that makes recruitment successful.

http://m.mic.com/art...cial#.K8WpygoEI

What you're trying to do is take away the conditions that makes recruitment successful.

Which is exactly what I found interesting about Annonymous' statement.

Well, you've got that right. Where as I am talking about organized militant Islamicist that made plain and clear their intentions, you try to pair that with something so completely random and impossible to predict as some nutjob with a gun. They are not the same, by any stretch

I merely pointed out the hypocrisy of your party. They are so quick to use angry rhetoric about Islamic terrorism but dismissive of terror that happens repeatedly in America. You carry on about the evil refugees when one of the Brussel bombers was a Belgium citizen. Terrorism isn't just an Islamic product. And just like you can't predict the actions of a nut job with a gun, you can't predict the actions of terrorists.

Difference is these are terrorist groups that do it in the name of Allah because of their religious beliefs and could be radicalized by Islamist groups. Most of the american terrorist events were lone terrorist(s) nut jobs

I merely pointed out the hypocrisy of your party. They are so quick to use angry rhetoric about Islamic terrorism but dismissive of terror that happens repeatedly in America. You carry on about the evil refugees when one of the Brussel bombers was a Belgium citizen. Terrorism isn't just an Islamic product. And just like you can't predict the actions of a nut job with a gun, you can't predict the actions of terrorists.

Again w/ the different world you're on. There IS no hypocrisy ! And it's not about ' party '. On one hand, there's a very real global threat, and on the other, there's the random, unpredictable and often tragic event of a crazy person who decides today is a good day to kill someone.

And that's just it... you CAN predict the actions of a terrorist ! They're TELLING US what they want to do, via video, and then they are DOING IT !

Again w/ the different world you're on. There IS no hypocrisy ! And it's not about ' party '. On one hand, there's a very real global threat, and on the other, there's the random, unpredictable and often tragic event of a crazy person who decides today is a good day to kill someone.

And that's just it... you CAN predict the actions of a terrorist ! They're TELLING US what they want to do, via video, and then they are DOING IT !

Isn't something you can predict, thus prevent, really a non issue?

Isn't something you can predict, thus prevent, really a non issue?

Gee, you'd think so, huh?

Turkey says Belgium ignored warning about jihadi bomber

Russia warned U.S. about Boston Marathon bomb suspect Tsarnaev: report

Archived