At least * 36 dead after explosions at Brussels airport, Metro station

AURaptor

Over 30 dead. Three Americans. Been in that transit station many times...with my family. Listen to the video; listen to the children screaming....see the bodies...this morning they kissed their wives or husbands goodbye....had breakfast with their kids...most planned to fly or take the train back in tonight and go on with life. But thanks to their leadership; that won't happen now. But thanks USN...glad to know you're safe today in DC...

What is it with these sort of threads? :no:

Are they meant for just stoking up your hate for liberals and Muslims?

Such an act is universally abhorrent to any sane person, be they liberal, conservative, Christian or Muslim. That seems obvious to me. Why do I feel that some of you are actually using such a horrific act as some sort of political dividing line. That's insane.

So if your point is that ALL Muslims are dangerous and would be terrorists - all 1.6 billion of them - so we should declare war on Islam, then just say so.

If you are just too terrified we might endanger ourselves by allowing thoroughly vetted refugees into the country, then just say so.

If you are trying to say it's time to set our hair on fire and panic, just say so.

Just please stop using such a tragic event as some sort of political club. It demeans the tragedy as well as you.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love how certain people lump violent extremists from one religion in a different part of the world with hard-working immigrants from a non-Muslim country in this hemisphere who have committed no terrorist attacks.

IMO....there is a big difference. Most violent immigrants from a non-Muslim country are acting on their own, just like any ordinary criminal. It is not about religion to them. On the other hand, to the extremist Muslims it is all about religion. Extreme Islam is the only "religion" I know of that condones killings and want to impose Sharia law on others. I hope to goodness nothing ever happens to you or anyone on the metro but I doubt those on the subway in Brussels this morning were worried either. I rode the DC metro for years. I was never afraid per se. but a good friend gave me some good advice.....always be aware of those around you.

I love how certain people lump violent extremists from one religion in a different part of the world with hard-working immigrants from a non-Muslim country in this hemisphere who have committed no terrorist attacks.

Who did that ?

Who did that ?

See posts above referencing immigration.

IMO....there is a big difference. Most violent immigrants from a non-Muslim country are acting on their own, just like any ordinary criminal. It is not about religion to them. On the other hand, to the extremist Muslims it is all about religion. Extreme Islam is the only "religion" I know of that condones killings and want to impose Sharia law on others. I hope to goodness nothing ever happens to you or anyone on the metro but I doubt those on the subway in Brussels this morning were worried either. I rode the DC metro for years. I was never afraid per se. but a good friend gave me some good advice.....always be aware of those around you.

Really? The KKK used Christianity as a reason for many of their terrorist attacks.

And being aware of your surroundings is just good street smarts, that is not limited to terrorism or the metro.

Who did that ?

Yeah, no one did what you are claiming. That's why I asked.

Over 30 dead. Three Americans. Been in that transit station many times...with my family. Listen to the video; listen to the children screaming....see the bodies...this morning they kissed their wives or husbands goodbye....had breakfast with their kids...most planned to fly or take the train back in tonight and go on with life. But thanks to their leadership; that won't happen now. But thanks USN...glad to know you're safe today in DC...

What is it with these sort of threads? :no:

Are they meant for just stoking up your hate for liberals and Muslims?

Such an act is universally abhorrent to any sane person, be they liberal, conservative, Christian or Muslim. That seems obvious to me. Why do I feel that some of you are actually using such a horrific act as some sort of political dividing line. That's insane.

So if your point is that ALL Muslims are dangerous and would be terrorists - all 1.6 billion of them - so we should declare war on Islam, then just say so.

If you are just too terrified we might endanger ourselves by allowing thoroughly vetted refugees into the country, then just say so.

If you are trying to say it's time to set our hair on fire and panic, just say so.

Just please stop using such a tragic event as some sort of political club. It demeans the tragedy as well as you.

Hhmmm, just following your team leader Saul Alinsky's, I mean Barack Obama's, rules Homey...don't remember you chiding others on here to back off their gun control rhetoric every time there's a shooting in the US....could it be you just get sensitive only when the results of your preferences result in large scale death of innocents?

These killings were preventable, just like San Bernardino, just like Paris, etc., and reflect an abject failure of leadership and delusional ideological framework that says a Western Democracy has 1) no right to control it's border, 2) no right decide who should come in and why and 3) every culture is created equal and assimilation is not required. The solution is painfully simple; and in fact it's already the law...so please stop the childish-drama-queen-knee-jerk-liberal-bull**** like "should we just panic", etc. Talk about demeaning rhetoric... Also, we still haven't implemented simple things brought out in the 9-11 commission findings on registering aliens, entry and exit controls, etc. Two successive administrations (and Western gov'ts in general) hell bent on not offending anyone have failed to protect the citizenry and in the process is offending the only people that should matter...those paying the freight here; the citizens of the country.

Leftist still welcoming refugees? Borders have to be closed ASAP. I hate seeing stuff like this on the news every few months like it's the norm. My Prayers are with Belgium.

So what exactly would "closing borders" (whatever that means / what are you suggesting) do? Here in the US, it would not have stopped Oklahoma City, Centennial Olympic Park, Wisconsin Sikh Temple, Columbine, Charleston, Aurora, Sandy Hook and on and on.

Who did that ?

Yeah, no one did what you are claiming. That's why I asked.

See post #23.

Honest question because I've been busy today. Has there been any indication that the attacks were carried out by Muslim immigrants? I see a lot of calls to "close the border," but is that just knee-jerk reaction or are we dealing with immigrants that actually detonated these bombs and planned the attacks? I haven't seen that reported, but again, out of touch a bit today. Could have been people on travel visas, EU citizens traveling freely within the Union, residents of Brussels, or immigrants. All of those are options and each option presents very different concerns. "Close the border" only makes sense if these were refugees or immigrants.

" Leftist still welcoming refugees? Borders have to be closed ASAP. I hate seeing stuff like this on the news every few months like it's the norm. My Prayers are with Belgium. "

Well, it wasn't exactly stated as you claim, but see it as you wish

In light of Paris, San Bernadino and now Belgium, ( not to mention the chaos in France, Germany and elsewhere in Europe ) , I think i'ts pretty prudent thinking that we at least look at our immigration policy.

Sound too drastic to you ?

Extremism can happen without immigrants. I'm sure all the folks that want the borders closed probably oppose the government snooping on our internet browsing. Citizens can easily be radicalized through the web and do something crazy. Doesn't matter if they are from Syria or if they are from Huntsville.

ISIS has taken credit.

They could be Beligum citizens or legal residents though. I have not seen reports that they were immigrants. I'm not making any assumptions until more information is reported.

Extremism can happen without immigrants. I'm sure all the folks that want the borders closed probably oppose the government snooping on our internet browsing. Citizens can easily be radicalized through the web and do something crazy. Doesn't matter if they are from Syria or if they are from Huntsville.

Boston bombing was done by immigrants who were on the Russian watch list. They warned us about the brothers, and look what happened

San Bernadino wifey lied on her papers, and was here illegally.

Germany NYE assaults of women, the chaos in France, ... all immigrants.

But sure, a few could be " home grown " as well.

And they all have 1 thing in common.

Boston bombing was done by immigrants who were on the Russian watch list. They warned us about the brothers, and look what happened

San Bernadino wifey lied on her papers, and was here illegally.

Germany NYE assaults of women, the chaos in France, ... all immigrants.

But sure, a few could be " home grown " as well.

And they all have 1 thing in common.

They aren't from Mexico where Trump wants to put his wall.

2 different issues.

And just as an aside ? Those militant killers who got in to France and Belgium, could very well come in across that NON border we have and ...well, it's a good bet they already have.

2 different issues.

And just as an aside ? Those militant killers who got in to France and Belgium, could very well come in across that NON border we have and ...well, it's a good bet they already have.

Borders prevent terrorism?

Timothy McVeigh

David Koresh

Adam Lanza

Charles Manson

Ted Bundy. Just a few who might beg to differ.

Leftist still welcoming refugees? Borders have to be closed ASAP. I hate seeing stuff like this on the news every few months like it's the norm. My Prayers are with Belgium.

So what exactly would "closing borders" (whatever that means / what are you suggesting) do? Here in the US, it would not have stopped Oklahoma City, Centennial Olympic Park, Wisconsin Sikh Temple, Columbine, Charleston, Aurora, Sandy Hook and on and on.

Build a wall along southern and northern border. Do not allow any immigrants. Don't let any one in that is not already a U.S. citizen coming back from other countries.

Timothy McVeigh

David Koresh

Adam Lanza

Charles Manson

So, your response is to let more crazies in ?

Koresh wasn't a terrorist. He was a cult leader and a con artist.

Lanza was like many mass shooters, whacked out on psycho meds.

Manson was / is a deranged self promoting lunatic. None of them follow a world vision of religious world domination.

Yet again, we see the SOP of the Leftist, trying to muddy the water w/ utterly unrelated matters, in justifying NOT doing anything about a well defined threat, a militant form of Islam that openly states what it wants to do, and shows no reservation in punishing ( killing ) anyone who objects

Pour vous, Elle.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/

Timothy McVeigh

David Koresh

Adam Lanza

Charles Manson

So, your response is to let more crazies in ?

Koresh wasn't a terrorist. He was a cult leader and a con artist.

Lanza was like many mass shooters, whacked out on psycho meds.

Manson was / is a deranged self promoting lunatic. None of them follow a world vision of religious world domination.

Yet again, we see the SOP of the Leftist, trying to muddy the water w/ utterly unrelated matters, in justifying NOT doing anything about a well defined threat, a militant form of Islam that openly states what it wants to do, and shows no reservation in punishing ( killing ) anyone who objects

Pour vous, Elle.

http://www.jihadwatch.org/

Oh, I see what you're saying. REAL terrorist are Muslim. Not cult leaders, serial killers, or mass shooters. Those crimes aren't terroristic at all.

Not all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslims.

Build a wall along southern and northern border. Do not allow any immigrants. Don't let any one in that is not already a U.S. citizen coming back from other countries.

American Citizen.

1108542_630x354.jpg

Archived