Softball vs. Arkansas - game 3

My prediction. Casey Cooper will be the first female Auburn athlete to have a statue on campus in her honor.

Kasey. I could definitely see that happening.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Arkansas gets a walk and then one that goes into the gap in right center. Runners on 2nd and 3rd for Arkansas with 1 out.

Fly ball to right and caught by Gipson to preserve the shutout. After 3 complete, 6-0 Auburn. Back to the top of the order for the Tigers:

Howard, Carosone and Cooper coming up

My prediction. Casey Cooper will be the first female Auburn athlete to have a statue on campus in her honor.

Casey....oops...I knew better than that.....Kasey...auto-spell got me

Carosone sends one DEEP to left center and its GONE... 2 run shot. 8-0 Auburn

Kasey Cooper up.....

I know Arkansas is at the bottom of the league, but we really need to continue the hot play next week. Florida State and Georgia are going to be tough. I honestly think that is why Clint hasn't taken his foot off the gas all weekend. We need to stay hot with a big week coming up.

He's done nothing different this weekend than he normally does. We had one starter left in the game at the end yesterday. The pinch hitters were getting on base whether it was a hit or a walk.

Let me clarify. I didn't mean that Clint was leaving the starters in and running the score up; he has certainly subbed.

What I meant is that mentally, we are still in "gas pedal" mode so we don't have to turn things back on with FSU and UGA coming up. We got up on Troy last week 8-0 before the Trojans hit a home run and forced the game to go the full 7. We were already in "cruise control" before that home run, and then appeared to sleep walk the entire weekend against a scrappy Longwood team (but certainly didn't play our best).

We also had a similar time sleep walking through Tennessee State and other teams leading into SEC play and then went on to struggle offensively against Florida and Miss State. I like how we are playing right now getting near post season and hope we go full throttle from here on out.

Rhodes grounds to the left side, shortstop backhanded attempt and it goes off her glove and gets away from her. Bree Fornis in to pinch run for Wallace at 2nd. Runners on 1st and 2nd for Gipson

I know Arkansas is at the bottom of the league, but we really need to continue the hot play next week. Florida State and Georgia are going to be tough. I honestly think that is why Clint hasn't taken his foot off the gas all weekend. We need to stay hot with a big week coming up.

He's done nothing different this weekend than he normally does. We had one starter left in the game at the end yesterday. The pinch hitters were getting on base whether it was a hit or a walk.

Let me clarify. I didn't mean that Clint was leaving the starters in and running the score up; he has certainly subbed.

What I meant is that mentally, we are still in "gas pedal" mode so we don't have to turn things back on with FSU and UGA coming up. We got up on Troy last week 8-0 before the Trojans hit a home run and forced the game to go the full 7. We were already in "cruise control" before that home run, and then appeared to sleep walk the entire weekend against a scrappy Longwood team (but certainly didn't play our best). I don't agree with this perspective at all. Longwood has been to the tournament the last 2 years if not more. They aren't a cakewalk type of team. They are talented and well coached.

We also had a similar time sleep walking through Tennessee State and other teams leading into SEC play and then went on to struggle offensively against Florida and Miss State. I like how we are playing right now getting near post season and hope we go full throttle from here on out.

There isn't a team out there that hasn't struggled against Florida. Using them as an example isn't relevant, IMO. Of course I would have liked us to play better and we shouldn't have lost the game at Mississippi State but things happen. We lost a few games last year we shouldn't have lost and ended up in the last 4 teams playing. There are some nights that the ball looks like a watermelon and other nights it doesn't. I don't see it as taking your foot off the gas or leaving it on the gas. Sometimes good pitching gets the better of you. Florida has great pitching and Longwood has good pitching.

Arkansas with 2 runners on and 2 outs in the 4th. Great catch in center by Draper 2 batters ago. That one sank on her in shallow center and she made a great catch.

Walters comes back and gets the strikeout to end the inning. After 4 complete...Auburn leads 8-0.

Jordan 1st pitch swinging and sends one high and DEEP to straight away center and its GONE... 9-0 Auburn. Draper, Howard and Carosone.

If we're going to start putting up statues for female athletes there are a couple of All-American and Olympic gold medal swimmers that certainly deserve one, along with basketballer Vicki Orr and that's just for starters. I'm not opposed to the idea but we have several women throughout Auburn's history that deserve a statue fully as much as does Cooper.

Draper loops one to shallow center and it drops for a base hit. Back to the top of the order. Tiffany Howard up

Archived