Undrafted guys find a home

Bill Belichik seems to like our players a lot. Not a bad co-sign.

Wish our record reflected the number of professional caliber players we have in the program. Is there a more frustrating thing to wrap your head around? We freaking led the country in players on pro teams after an 8-5 season.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was out of shape, think he was bout 20lb heavier than when he was playing

No, he wasn't. He was ~230 pounds which is the weight he played at all of LAST year. The "215 pounds" or whatever we had him listed as on the roster was pure BS. The coaching staff spent his entire time here trying to get him to lose weight and he never did. We had lots of arguments on here about his weight; the 229 pounds he weighed in at during the Combine isn't new at all.

No way, look at him in 13 and look at him at the pro day, one looks like a Beast WR and the other looks like a LB

No, he wasn't. He was ~230 pounds which is the weight he played at all of LAST year. The "215 pounds" or whatever we had him listed as on the roster was pure BS. The coaching staff spent his entire time here trying to get him to lose weight and he never did. We had lots of arguments on here about his weight; the 229 pounds he weighed in at during the Combine isn't new at all.

No way, look at him in 13 and look at him at the pro day, one looks like a Beast WR and the other looks like a LB

if you are talking Duke he was not at auburn in '13

I didn't think he looked like a beast WR in 2014 during his first season at Auburn, I thought he looked like a LB. He played like he had magnets in his hands though, and that was what we needed. Sammie Coates is the one that looked like a beast WR. In 2014, Duke often played like he could catch anything that was thrown in his ZIP code, but I certainly wouldn't call him athletic in the sense that I would call Sammie Coates athletic. I also think meta is right. Sammie Coates got drafted in the 3rd round pretty much due to athletic ability alone. Would Duke have been drafted if he went to the draft in 2014? No one knows. He probably would have had a better chance at being drafted if he had. That said, there's obviously a reason he didn't declare for the draft then, and loyalty to Auburn isn't it. I expected Duke to declare in 2014, and Sammie to stay. Then again, Sammie could make a one play highlight reel with his one-armed slam of the A&M defender in 2013.

"hahahah." We were talking about if he would've came out last year. He was out of shape at the combine this year. "Hahahah." Who knows how he would've performed...LAST year.

Why would he have been out of shape? He got kicked out of school and had MONTHS to prepare for the Combine. In fact he was an attendant at a pre-Combine athletic training camp just like every other "top prospect" was. You think he would have magically done significantly better last year? Why? He was still overweight last year. He would have tested about the same.

What are you trying to tell me, that after being kicked off the team he just sat around and ate Cheetos all day before showing up to the Combine?

I love cheetos

I didn't think he looked like a beast WR in 2014 during his first season at Auburn, I thought he looked like a LB. He played like he had magnets in his hands though, and that was what we needed. Sammie Coates is the one that looked like a beast WR. In 2014, Duke often played like he could catch anything that was thrown in his ZIP code, but I certainly wouldn't call him athletic in the sense that I would call Sammie Coates athletic. I also think meta is right. Sammie Coates got drafted in the 3rd round pretty much due to athletic ability alone. Would Duke have been drafted if he went to the draft in 2014? No one knows. He probably would have had a better chance at being drafted if he had. That said, there's obviously a reason he didn't declare for the draft then, and loyalty to Auburn isn't it. I expected Duke to declare in 2014, and Sammie to stay. Then again, Sammie could make a one play highlight reel with his one-armed slam of the A&M defender in 2013.

he was overweight and slow when his swollen eye pic and suspension happened. He was not in draft shape then either coming off suspension for behavior his stock was down. I think he came back to improve that stock and just made it worse.

"hahahah." We were talking about if he would've came out last year. He was out of shape at the combine this year. "Hahahah." Who knows how he would've performed...LAST year.

Why would he have been out of shape? He got kicked out of school and had MONTHS to prepare for the Combine. In fact he was an attendant at a pre-Combine athletic training camp just like every other "top prospect" was. You think he would have magically done significantly better last year? Why? He was still overweight last year. He would have tested about the same.

What are you trying to tell me, that after being kicked off the team he just sat around and ate Cheetos all day before showing up to the Combine?

I love cheetos

Doritos are better

If he gets himself back in football mode and in good shape he is still the same caliber player he once was, I hope he puts the work in, because he could become one hell of a possession WR.

If he gets himself back in football mode and in good shape he is still the same caliber player he once was, I hope he puts the work in, because he could become one hell of a possession WR.

Then there's the whole staying out of fights thing...

seccountry has a story up saying Duke has been invited to try out for the Rams.

would say that L.A. is probably one of the worst places he could end up, but if he can't keep his nose clean in Auburn I doubt any NFL city will have a nightlife that agrees with him

you're an idiot. There's a reason ESPN shows Kipers mock draft. Do I like him? No...but for you to say Kiper doesn't know anything is just pure ignorance. Might as well send in your resume to ESPN.

Kiper knows dick-all anymore. Wow, ESPN still shows his mock drafts...you know why? Because he's cemented himself to the point wherein clueless morons such as yourself just eat up anything with his name on it. The man stopped actually "scouting" years ago. He just half-asses rankings together and pulls mock drafts out of his ass. No one who follows the draft gives two sh**s about what Kiper says anymore.

Kiper's mocks are pretty horrible these days. This is true.

would say that L.A. is probably one of the worst places he could end up, but if he can't keep his nose clean in Auburn I doubt any NFL city will have a nightlife that agrees with him

I don't know...Manziel could not stay out of trouble with Cleveland......what NFL city (other than Charlotte perhaps) could have fewer temptations? Looks like some guys can just find a way...no matter where they play.

I don't know...Manziel could not stay out of trouble with Cleveland......what NFL city (other than Charlotte perhaps) could have fewer temptations? Looks like some guys can just find a way...no matter where they play.

With enough money, you can bring the way to you.

Duke Williams wouldn't have been a high pick regardless of his off-field crap. I mentioned numerous times that the "#1 WR" s*** was absurd. Mel Kiper doesn't know anything; he's about 10 years past his prime of actually knowing WTF he's talking about.

Duke Williams is a severely limited athlete, which has nothing to do with "the punch" or getting kicked off the team.

you're an idiot. There's a reason ESPN shows Kipers mock draft. Do I like him? No...but for you to say Kiper doesn't know anything is just pure ignorance. Might as well send in your resume to ESPN.

Kiper built himself a false reputation for actually knowing something. Kiper is as clueless as they come. Thinking Kiper actually knows something is just being a mindless sheep following the flock. Anybody that actually thinks for themselves would know Kiper is totally CLUELESS and always has been.

Duke Williams wouldn't have been a high pick regardless of his off-field crap. I mentioned numerous times that the "#1 WR" s*** was absurd. Mel Kiper doesn't know anything; he's about 10 years past his prime of actually knowing WTF he's talking about.

Duke Williams is a severely limited athlete, which has nothing to do with "the punch" or getting kicked off the team.

Kiper built himself a false reputation for actually knowing something. Kiper is as clueless as they come. Thinking Kiper actually knows something is just being a mindless sheep following the flock. Anybody that actually thinks for themselves would know Kiper is totally CLUELESS and always has been.

Not saying he is the messiah but I'll damn sure listen to him before I listen to most of you.

On May 4, 2016, WarTiger and Metafour agreed and with similar graciousness. ;)

On May 4, 2016, WarTiger and Metafour agreed and with similar graciousness. ;)

lol

If Mel Kiper knew what he was talking about he would be working for an NFL team with all of his scouting expertise

I don't know Green Bay & Foxborough come to mind of not a lot of distractions.

With all due respect - clueless or not I don't see any of the AE experts being called by ESPN yet alone the local station asking for their mock draft or NFL prospect analysis. IMO mock drafts are stupid, the teams drafting really pay no attention to them. Kinda like college coaches don't pay attention to the star system for recruits. It's an aspect of entertainment and in that regards Kiper and McShay have been successful. Kiper and his clueless opinion has probably made him a millionaire. Go figure.

Archived