Four Auburn players arrested

TitanTiger

WarEagleExtra on Twitter said that it could result in a 25% of the season suspension.

They are hurting the team and themselves.

I would say a game.

Homecoming :)

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We could always take a page out of Saban's book and sit them for one of the cupcake games.

If we are going to take something from his book I would rather it being actually winning games and hiring assistant coaches that produce results.

If nothing else, a handy reference/reminder of AU's guidelines in this instance. Looks like the way is open for none of them to lose playing time against Clemson and all to be one year "probation". The June 21 hearing will let us know if they're picking up trash this summer or more.

https://www.seccountry.com/auburn/gus-malzahn-discusses-arrests-of-4-auburn-players-on-marijuana-charges

If nothing else, a handy reference/reminder of AU's guidelines in this instance. Looks like the way is open for none of them to lose playing time against Clemson and all to be one year "probation". The June 21 hearing will let us know if they're picking up trash this summer or more.

https://www.seccount...rijuana-charges

That is if they don't slip up again between now and then.

yeah, them pot smokers are destined to rob a bank within the next month.

Don't you think we should just go ahead and kick them off the team? I mean...they were smoking POT!

They won't start the game and will either miss a series or the first quarter. A half would be most harsh punishment.

IMO, being that this is their first offense, this seems the most appropriate way to handle it. I would set them for the first half, assuming nothing else happens between now and then.

yeah, them pot smokers are destined to rob a bank within the next month.

Don't you think we should just go ahead and kick them off the team? I mean...they were smoking POT!

Whether or not smoking pot is a terrible thing is another issue entirely. A debate for another day.

I'm simply saying, if they fail a drug test between now and the Clemson game, then watch out. That's strike 2.

Enough of the negative waves man

Didn't mean to cramp your energy flow bro. Continue chillaxin' man. Don't let em keep ya down buddy. Block out all those bad vibes and just keep l.i.v.i.n. dude.

I would bet that if you were to investigate, there are likely players in just about any SEC team that has or will do something of this nature...except maybe Vandy to a lesser degree. Pot has been in our society since the 1960s and will not go away any time soon.

Does this make it right? No indeed. I hope that this is the end of anything of this nature for the rest of the 2016 season.

After reading through a few pages...it's obvious who's for the legalization of reefer & who's not. Lol but it all seriousness. Looking how Gus has handled similar situations like this in the past...I would guess he benches them for a half, at the worst.

After reading through a few pages...it's obvious who's for the legalization of reefer & who's not. Lol but it all seriousness. Looking how Gus has handled similar situations like this in the past...I would guess he benches them for a half, at the worst.

At worst I agree. Not going to get worse than Marshall did who wasn't on his first offense. So, we MAY lose 1 starter for a half or less. THE SKY IS FALLING!!! :laugh:

I would bet that if you were to investigate, there are likely players in just about any SEC team that has or will do something of this nature...except maybe Vandy to a lesser degree. Pot has been in our society since the 1960s and will not go away any time soon.

Does this make it right? No indeed. I hope that this is the end of anything of this nature for the rest of the 2016 season.

Doc, the athlete's at Vandy are no different than the other SEC schools. They do the same things. Remember, it was just a year or two ago when 4 football players from Vandy got a girl drunk/passed out and raped her in their dorm.

A problem is that people love to tell others what they should be doing without walking in that person shoes. Then when athletes make mistakes it seems there is some jealousy involved. Athletes don't owe anybody anything.

Yea they do... they owe their teammates everything. That's what being on a team is all about, being there for each other and not doing anything to hurt the team.

Ok, I'm going to ask a question for people to think about. If an athlete (on scholarship) doesn't owe anyone anything, then why does everyone feel the coaches owe the fans anything? Scholarship money or salary, it's all paid out by AU in some form or fashion (boosters or AD) but they all sign a contract to represent AU.

The coaches have a job the players do not, those players busy thier asses off and don't make millions in the process.

I get what you're saying. But to say the players don't have a job is not totally correct. Don't perform and see how long they keep that scholarship? I understand the sensitivity about the amount of money but the fact of the matter is they both are receiving funds to do a job.

Archived