Four Auburn players arrested

TitanTiger

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where is the accountability.

Bernie Sanders would be proud I suppose of the attitude of most here. Seems to go hand in hand with the free pass we have given Gus for the results of the last two year. When Nick did this same thing in Reynolds, GA that was the first sign of things to come....downhill since.

I am still getting my 6 tickets but I have withdrawn my 3 boys from football camp. That is $900 plus a week in a hotel that I will not spend. I am sure I will get called a troll or stones thrown at...always amazes me how we attack each other but the man making millions we just need to give more time.

Crap on that... I teach my kids better and I expect better from Auburn and those that represent the school. Not impressed with the new DC, apparently he has not gotten his expectations across.

War Disappointed Eagle

...and he had a freaking video of himself smoking through a gas mask on his draft night. 64, if you really think that's apples to apples, then yes, you're out of touch. Btw, the top 2 teams in the draft were taking QBs all along and not all of the other 10 wanted a tackle, either. So no, 12 teams didn't pass on him.

The real takeaway is that you can have a video of yourself smoking pot in a gas mask surface on your draft night and a team in the top half of the first round will still pay you a lot of money to play football.

Also, why would any of us reach out to support Tunsil? All his teammates that he doesn't care about and let down probably already did (while taking a break from getting high and only caring about themselves).

Just say Gus told him to do it and 64 will be ok with it then

...and he had a freaking video of himself smoking through a gas mask on his draft night. 64, if you really think that's apples to apples, then yes, you're out of touch. Btw, the top 2 teams in the draft were taking QBs all along and not all of the other 10 wanted a tackle, either. So no, 12 teams didn't pass on him.

The real takeaway is that you can have a video of yourself smoking pot in a gas mask surface on your draft night and a team in the top half of the first round will still pay you a lot of money to play football.

Also, why would any of us reach out to support Tunsil? All his teammates that he doesn't care about and let down probably already did (while taking a break from getting high and only caring about themselves).

That was sarcasm...Just noting that the innocent fun cost him over 5 million and his team is sending him for drug evaluation before they sign him. Several folks spent a good part of the day minimizing the weed issue. It might be a small deal to a lot of our posters but in fact it is a pretty big deal to many people in the NFL management.

That's funny that they would see him power smoking a bong, risk the 13th pick on him, then send him for a piss test before they sign him. I would be buying him a kit to help pass a piss test, lol.

SPIN BABY SPIN.

Let's see we called the spring game a glorified scrimmage to compensate for the same results we saw last two years.

What do we call this? How about for medicinal purposes.

Gus probably riding around in his sports car and lashless off spending that 800k while he can.

Nothing like watching SEC network and seeing what other coaches are doing and all we get is players smoking weed.

Nice effort.

You always post like you're drunk.

He's right. All this board does is spin spin spin. There are so many red flags happening right now with football. But most here just spin spin spin. And it's only May. Sorry E. Had to say it.

That was one of my first thoughts, "it's only May". Hopefully, no serious offenses from here on out, and no more pot arrests or perhaps keep the total at 5 or 6.

Gus needs to recruit players smart enough to conceal their weed.

HELL, we should deport them and THEN build a wall.......

THANKS, OBAMA

Damn well his fault.

No... It's not.

I seem to be noticing a recurring theme:

When the team is bad or having trouble, we as fans owe them our support and gratitude.

But,

When a player/coach screws up, they owe the fans nothing.

Interesting.

One of the traits I love about Auburn is that even in the age of "I screwed up but I'm the victim", second degree misdemeanor charges against 4 guys holding Auburn scholarships IS a big deal to so many folks. So it's not the law elsewhere, it IS in Alabama. Having grown up in Miami and lived virtually my entire adult life in the Sunshine State, I note all 4 of these guys are from South FL (yes, the Tampa area is S. FL too). There is a tolerated recreational drug culture in S. FL that crosses ALL demographics and is largely unaddressed. UM, FSU, USF and UF having RAGING rec drug problems across their student bodies - compared to most other 4 year colleges - but it doesn't make their list of campus fixes.

I seem to be noticing a recurring theme:

When the team is bad or having trouble, we as fans owe them our support and gratitude.

But,

When a player/coach screws up, they owe the fans nothing.

Interesting.

That might be true of some folks, but not of me. It's a lot more nuanced than that. For example, players and coaches don't belong in the same category when it comes to screwups IMO. I agree that the players don't owe anybody anything beyond what is needed to keep their scholarship. The coaches owe the school, the players and the fans a LOT. And it depends on the screwup. I have no need for an Elijah Daniel or a Duke Williams. I'd take 100 guys with the heart of a Nick Marshall or a Cam Newton. If a coach screws up off the field, then it still depends on the screwup but I personally hold him to a much different standard.

I could be wrong but I am pretty sure that the NCAA doesn't test for Mary Jane. They are mostly interested in PEDs. The schools can test for it and the punishment is entirely up to them. I doubt the NCAA fells like you get and unfair advantage if you are smoking weed. As for the team I can bet you not one single player is mad at any of the four. If anything they will all come to their aid and defense. It's called being teammates. Coaches are probably ticked, not because they smoked weed but because the episode caused them to take time away from their other priorities to answer dumb reporters and fans questions about this being some major demoralizing affair. Chill folks it will be fall practice soon. WDE

The NCAA does test. At least they did test the two teams playing in the BCSNC game.

He was being completely sarcastic about us reaching out to him.

Ya think?

Just answering your question, friend

SPIN BABY SPIN.

Let's see we called the spring game a glorified scrimmage to compensate for the same results we saw last two years.

What do we call this? How about for medicinal purposes.

Gus probably riding around in his sports car and lashless off spending that 800k while he can.

Nothing like watching SEC network and seeing what other coaches are doing and all we get is players smoking weed.

Nice effort.

You always post like you're drunk.

He's right. All this board does is spin spin spin. There are so many red flags happening right now with football. But most here just spin spin spin. And it's only May. Sorry E. Had to say it.

That was one of my first thoughts, "it's only May". Hopefully, no serious offenses from here on out, and no more pot arrests or perhaps keep the total at 5 or 6.

Gus needs to recruit players smart enough to conceal their weed.

^These last 7 words^

This appeases the binary "weed is illegal, so it's bad" crowd, as well as the "I'm capable of coherent thoughts involving multiple levels of morality, free will, consequences, and I believe the letter of the law is secondary to the intent of the aforementioned law" crowd.

Go back and read the article again. They were stopped at 8:30 on a Saturday night somewhere near the corner of Gay and E Samford, roughly half a block from Amsterdam Cafe. Now, it's been a hot minute since I graduated from Auburn but I quite honestly can't even conceive of a reason that someone would be stopped at that time of night in that part of town, let alone searched thoroughly enough to discover weed. Unless they were walking down the street blazing away, I'd really like to know why the heck they were even stopped in the first place.

The Auburn Police are an active bunch. Saw a middle aged white woman driving a nice SUV today between 8 and 9 AM on Opelika road near Dean. They don't discriminate, they just stop a lot of folks.

Good to know it's equal opportunity on just stopping folks for no reason.

I was joe average white frat guy at Auburn ... i stopped on a street - no traffic anywhere around - and backed 20' on the street into a parking lot. Police gave me a ticket for "illegal backing". I want to know if anyone has ever in the history of tickets, gotten that one before or since.

Never even heard of anything like that before. lol. Sounds like APD has too much time on their hands. Well at least they are doing it across the board. No one is exempt from these crazy laws no one has every heard of.

What does The Creed say about smoking weed?

Dont hog the joint.

What does The Creed say about smoking weed?

Dont hog the joint.

Nah, man, it says, "Pass the Dutchie on the Left Hand Side".......

Archived