Four Auburn players arrested

TitanTiger

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And if they miss half or all of the game...whose fault would that be? Is anyone thinking that the players were unaware of the risks they were taking?

It will be their fault because they made a mistake. Not a single person has disputed that. What many of us are laughing/disappointed at is this ridiculous notion that they're bad people or that they don't care about their school, teammates or coaches.

I just get the sense (and I could be wrong) that if the guys sit for the Clemson game and AU loses...then it is all on Gus. Maybe that is how it should be...? Just seems odd to me.

WarEagleExtra on Twitter said that it could result in a 25% of the season suspension.

That's pretty ridiculous, if true. Marshall only sat out a half.

WarEagleExtra on Twitter said that it could result in a 25% of the season suspension.

That would be a lesson in how to cut off your own head in spite of your $5million dollar income. Well, along with completely asinine.

A. All 4 players can't possess it at the same time.....Physically IMPOSSIBLE.....can't happen. It belonged to someone....

B. No more than Nick did and he got a half game.

C. Ridiculous to do any more to appease the great grandmother set.

That's pretty ridiculous, if true. Marshall only sat out a half.

He would've sat out less if JJ wasn't killing Arky in that 1st half. It was such a vague suspension that Gus had the freedom to hold him out anywhere from a series to an entire half. I bet if JJ sucked it up that game NM would've come in ASAP.

And if they miss half or all of the game...whose fault would that be? Is anyone thinking that the players were unaware of the risks they were taking?

It will be their fault because they made a mistake. Not a single person has disputed that. What many of us are laughing/disappointed at is this ridiculous notion that they're bad people or that they don't care about their school, teammates or coaches.

Big difference between a mistake and a choice. I would also bet money that the discussion they had with their coaches was primarily about how they disrespected their team, their coaches, and their school with that choice.

Their coaches can say whatever they want. We had a recent conversation about how Gus certainly will say whatever he wants, even if it's not true. As for the definition of mistake:

noun

• 1. an action or judgment that is misguided or wrong.

I just get the sense (and I could be wrong) that if the guys sit for the Clemson game and AU loses...then it is all on Gus. Maybe that is how it should be...? Just seems odd to me.

Well, it was all on Gus when Lawson was hurt. It was all on Gus when he had to keep shuffling his offensive line due to injuries. It was all on Gus after he had to dismiss his clear cut WR1. It was all on Gus when Jovon Robinson couldn't meet whatever obligations that were required of him to see the field more. I mean, most folks around here have been more than happy to call him an idiot for everything that happened last year. So yes, if we lose a game because Carlton Davis and 3 other guys who have barely contributed are absent, then it should still be on Gus.

Of course, this is a truly stupid conversation. Kids made a mistake that might cause some other people some problems. Gus left a program after only one year after promising he wouldn't. I'm sure I could find a way that every single coach on that staff has screwed somebody else in their lifetime. I bet I could say the same for every person on this forum. Doesn't mean that we only care about ourselves. Such a ridiculous thing to suggest.

We could always take a page out of Saban's book and sit them for one of the cupcake games.

But then we'd lose the moral high ground, because we definitely would have had to bring them all back on for the Jax St game.

We could always take a page out of Saban's book and sit them for one of the cupcake games.

But then we'd lose the moral high ground, because we definitely would have had to bring them all back on for the Jax St game.

Haha.

Big difference between a mistake and a choice. I would also bet money that the discussion they had with their coaches was primarily about how they disrespected their team, their coaches, and their school with that choice.

Their coaches can say whatever they want. We had a recent conversation about how Gus certainly will say whatever he wants, even if it's not true. As for the definition of mistake:

noun

• 1. an action or judgment that is misguided or wrong.

Well, it was all on Gus when Lawson was hurt. It was all on Gus when he had to keep shuffling his offensive line due to injuries. It was all on Gus after he had to dismiss his clear cut WR1. It was all on Gus when Jovon Robinson couldn't meet whatever obligations that were required of him to see the field more. I mean, most folks around here have been more than happy to call him an idiot for everything that happened last year. So yes, if we lose a game because Carlton Davis and 3 other guys who have barely contributed are absent, then it should still be on Gus.

Of course, this is a truly stupid conversation. Kids made a mistake that might cause some other people some problems. Gus left a program after only one year after promising he wouldn't. I'm sure I could find a way that every single coach on that staff has screwed somebody else in their lifetime. I bet I could say the same for every person on this forum. Doesn't mean that we only care about ourselves. Such a ridiculous thing to suggest.

All true....glad I never had a job that was dependent on what some immature 19 year old would do that made no sense. When a person goes into coaching they put their jobs in the hands of some pretty unreliable individuals....just part of the deal I guess.

glad I never had a job that was dependent on what some immature 19 year old would do that made no sense. When a person goes into coaching they put their jobs in the hands of some pretty unreliable individuals....just part of the deal I guess.

Strongly agree with you there.

glad I never had a job that was dependent on what some immature 19 year old would do that made no sense. When a person goes into coaching they put their jobs in the hands of some pretty unreliable individuals....just part of the deal I guess.

Its scary at times...also very rewarding.

1st offense is minor according to Auburn's drug policy. Although I'd like to coach to take a stronger stand, I doubt we'll see these guys miss as much as a half of the opener.

1st offense is minor according to Auburn's drug policy. Although I'd like to coach to take a stronger stand, I doubt we'll see these guys miss as much as a half of the opener.

It really all depends on if this really is a first offense for all of them, and if they really all were breaking the rules or just unfortunate to be sharing a car with someone who was. If any of them were in the dog house for unknown transgressions, the penalty could be bigger. If not, than 1/2 game is the precedent that has been set and it should be stuck to.

It really all depends on if this really is a first offense for all of them, and if they really all were breaking the rules or just unfortunate to be sharing a car with someone who was. If any of them were in the dog house for unknown transgressions, the penalty could be bigger. If not, than 1/2 game is the precedent that has been set and it should be stuck to.

I should have edited the sentence to I doubt we'll see these guys miss more than a 1/2 of the opener, as was done with Marshall.

If Gus had even 1 testicle he would suspend all 4 for at least one full game (the Clemson game). Gus needs to gain control of his team (may be too late) and win a bunch of games (again may be too late).

wde

Its scary at times...also very rewarding.

Coaching is fun and rewarding......coached kid teams back in the day.....but a "job".....not for me.....

And of course back in the day, college and HS coaches did not make exorbitant salaries compared to other working folks and there was no doubt they were in it for the kids and the love of the game. Even today, you see the old coaches in Div II and DIv III who have been at their schools for decades...no doubt the money is down the list of their priorities.

Probably even now most get into coaching for the same old reasons...the kids and the game......but at some point I think for many of them it becomes about the money.....and the loyalties go out the window. JMO

If Gus had even 1 testicle he would suspend all 4 for at least one full game (the Clemson game). Gus needs to gain control of his team (may be too late) and win a bunch of games (again may be too late).

wde

If ifs and buts were beer and nuts...

This will never happen

wde

If ifs and buts were beer and nuts...

This will never happen

wde

Of course you are correct

He lost control of the team in 2014 and compounded it with Duke IMHO

HELL, we should deport them and THEN build a wall.......

THANKS, OBAMA

Damn well his fault.

No... It's not.

Sarcasm, bud.........SARCASM....

Haha

You never know on here!

Archived