Four Auburn players arrested

TitanTiger

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone said Cowart must've been spending his time getting high instead of working on his game lolol

But Carlton Davis can spend his time getting high and still be our best cornerback?

Nick Marshall can be the best QB at AU since Cam while not working on his game I guess because he prefers to smoke.

Jonathan Mincy spends his time getting high but....wait, nevermind.

Someone said Cowart must've been spending his time getting high instead of working on his game lolol

But Carlton Davis can spend his time getting high and still be our best cornerback?

Nick Marshall can be the best QB at AU since Cam while not working on his game I guess because he prefers to smoke.

This Jonathan Mincy?

This Jonathan Mincy?

Hahaha yeah I'm just trying to be stupid and failing to be funny. We obviously have been having some issues implementing our talent properly the past handful of years.

From my perspective, this isn't about the legality of pot in Alabama or elsewhere. It's about respect for your coaches, your team and your school. These guys come in knowing what the rules are and they choose to disrespect the people who are guiding them into a potentially lucrative career in sports. If the whole team is doing this and the coaches are letting it slide, then I have no respect for them either. Unless and until the NCAA and the universities remove the rule against drug use, including marijuana, then there should be consequences for doing so. You can call me old fashioned or uncool, whatever you like, but if you respect your coaches and team, you forget the weed and anything else you might normally partake of and concentrate on being the best you can. The problem is the culture in sports these days and the lack of self-discipline in these athletes. I don't know if it's where they recruit or how they recruit, but this, anything goes as long as we win, attitude is foolish in the long run. Winning without respect is losing, in my book, but that's just me. I know I'm in the minority, but moral character means something to me. If you put your wants above the team's needs and requirements, then I'd rather not see you in an Auburn uniform, because I can't respect you as a man.

What does The Creed say about smoking weed?

Dont hog the joint.

Not everyone is aware of the "No Bogarting" clause in the creed.

Auburn creed says: blah blah blah ... cultivate... blah blah blah.

case dismissed.

case dismissed.

Hah!

What's also funny is that a lot of y'all are on some really high horses as we speak.

From my perspective, this isn't about the legality of pot in Alabama or elsewhere. It's about respect for your coaches, your team and your school. These guys come in knowing what the rules are and they choose to disrespect the people who are guiding them into a potentially lucrative career in sports. If the whole team is doing this and the coaches are letting it slide, then I have no respect for them either. Unless and until the NCAA and the universities remove the rule against drug use, including marijuana, then there should be consequences for doing so. You can call me old fashioned or uncool, whatever you like, but if you respect your coaches and team, you forget the weed and anything else you might normally partake of and concentrate on being the best you can. The problem is the culture in sports these days and the lack of self-discipline in these athletes. I don't know if it's where they recruit or how they recruit, but this, anything goes as long as we win, attitude is foolish in the long run. Winning without respect is losing, in my book, but that's just me. I know I'm in the minority, but moral character means something to me. If you put your wants above the team's needs and requirements, then I'd rather not see you in an Auburn uniform, because I can't respect you as a man.

What if the silly smoke is what helps them concentrate or be the best they can be? Some of you need to realize at this point the players have probably been doing it long before arriving at Auburn and its the not being able to smoke that throws them for a loop. Like someone said Carlton Davis was our best CB last year, anybody who believes he hasn't been smoking the whole time is oblivious to the world around them.

case dismissed.

Hah!

What's also funny is that a lot of y'all are on some really high horses as we speak.

cPTexSW.png

Bottom line is we can't afford to lose B. Cowart and C. Davis against Clemson. Maybe not even for just one half. That's how good Clemson's offense is. Our defense is going to have to win us this game, because I know our offense isn't going to outscore them.

Bottom line is we can't afford to lose B. Cowart and C. Davis against Clemson. Maybe not even for just one half. That's how good Clemson's offense is. Our defense is going to have to win us this game, because I know our offense isn't going to outscore them.

And if they miss half or all of the game...whose fault would that be? Is anyone thinking that the players were unaware of the risks they were taking?

What does The Creed say about smoking weed?

WDE - what are you hearing about these guys? Will they be suspended or only put on a 1 year probationary period?

case dismissed.

Hah!

cPTexSW.png

I owe you one, JBiGGiE. You totally bailed out my poorly executed joke. #theresamemeforthat

And if they miss half or all of the game...whose fault would that be? Is anyone thinking that the players were unaware of the risks they were taking?

It will be their fault because they made a mistake. Not a single person has disputed that. What many of us are laughing/disappointed at is this ridiculous notion that they're bad people or that they don't care about their school, teammates or coaches.

FWIW

From the 2015-2016 NCAA Drug testing Rules;

7. What does the NCAA test for during the year-round program? Anabolic Agents Diuretics and other masking agents Peptide Hormones and Analogues Anti-Estrogens Beta-2 Agonists

Note: Student-athletes who have had a previous positive result, or had previous multiple dilutes, may be subject to follow-up tests and may be tested with an expanded panel that includes street drugs and stimulants.

It will be their fault because they made a mistake. Not a single person has disputed that. What many of us are laughing/disappointed at is this ridiculous notion that they're bad people or that they don't care about their school, teammates or coaches.

Big difference between a mistake and a choice. I would also bet money that the discussion they had with their coaches was primarily about how they disrespected their team, their coaches, and their school with that choice.

Archived