2017 4* QB Kellen Mond (aTm commit 6/27/16)

ellitor

So here's the silver lining - we still have 8 months to sign someone great.

Most great ones like to commit early so they can make their mark on the recruiting class.

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We are going to settle for a 3-4 star athlete that cannot hit the broad side of the barn. Watch it happen

SMH

Haha, just add them to the fold..

Most great ones like to commit early so they can make their mark on the recruiting class.

I agree. It's definitely a loss. Mond would have really helped us recruit other guys. The 8 month comment was really the only good I could find in it. You never know who we might bring in if we have a good year. If TAM has a dumpster fire after next season everything opens up again.

and we will. SumLin could get canned or many things could happen with Mond or other top guys. Long way to go.

I understand wanting him for depth/backup purposes but would he have been any more ready in '17 than WB should be (if needed)?

Hmm, well I'll be honest, I felt good about Mond. Thought the Kam Martin commitment would do nothing but help our case. Oh well; we've got a good one in Woody

With due respect to our insiders their friendship was over hyped. Martin says he & Mond had not talked since Mond committed to Baylor June of last year.

Odd that he had a tiger as his background and a picture of him in Auburn as his profile??

No. He had that on there for a month. Remember he was a silent to AU for all of about 20 minutes a few weeks back.

So who do we target from here?

We'll take runs again at Narcisse & N'Kosi Perry, & stay on Mond in case any teams have staff changes. As for new names we likely won't here anything for another couple weeks at least because we are in a dead period now til July 10th. It may be up to a month though with the big AU recruiting picnic coming on July 23rd.

So who do we target from here?

We'll take runs again at Narcisse & N'Kosi Perry, & stay on Mond in case any teams have staff changes. As for new names we likely won't here anything for another couple weeks at least because we are in a dead period now til July 10th. It may be up to a month though with the big AU recruiting picnic coming on July 23rd.

Good info. Thanks

Mond would have been great for how he helped our recruiting but I feel like if we somehow steal back LN, he would be the one to fit our offense best.

That one hurt

Sometimes it's hard to beat an in state network when they want something. We at AU know this all to well.

and we will. SumLin could get canned or many things could happen with Mond or other top guys. Long way to go.

I'd love to see a list of these "great" QB's. And don't put NL on the list. Kid isn't coming to AU.

I'd love to see a list of these "great" QB's. And don't put NL on the list. Kid isn't coming to AU.

I'd like to see the list too. Cunningham and Tray Bishop do not qualify. Way too raw. We could take one in addition I suppose but we need to start picking up quality quarterbacks. I had a long rant about this on the woody thread so I'm not going to do it again. We should be bringing in at least one quarterback every year though to create a healthy competition at the QB spot just in case one quarterback turns out to be a dud.

I'd like to see the list too. Cunningham and Tray Bishop do not qualify. Way too raw. We could take one in addition I suppose but we need to start picking up quality quarterbacks. I had a long rant about this on the woody thread so I'm not going to do it again. We should be bringing in at least one quarterback every year though to create a healthy competition at the QB spot just in case one quarterback turns out to be a dud.

Agree 100%.

Not sure why Cunningham's name keeps coming up. To this point at least, he has never been a target the staff has thought seriously about. Also we have brought in a QB every year but like you said earlier in your post we need quality QBs. They can't just be bodies. We are either missing on evals, development issues, or both. Another thing I realized is until we offered Narcisse & Gatewood early in their recruitment, we had been late on offering the best QBs in the classes before them. Gus had been taking very long to do his evals & it probably cost us a better QB or 2 before now. Lastly not giving Lamar Jackson a committable offer looks like a bad eval right now.

Agree 100%.

Lock the site down. Jeff & WDE agree on something...Miracles do happen.

Not sure why Cunningham's name keeps coming up. To this point at least, he has never been a target the staff has thought seriously about. Also we have brought in a QB every year but like you said earlier in your post we need quality QBs. They can't just be bodies. We are either missing on evals, development issues, or both. Another thing I realized is until we offered Narcisse & Gatewood early in their recruitment, we had been late on offering the best QBs in the classes before them. Gus had been taking very long to do his evals & it probably cost us a better QB or 2 before now. Lastly not giving Lamar Jackson a committable offer looks like a bad eval right now.

Well said. I only mentioned Cunningham because somebody mentioned him as a possible plan B. With Cam and this offense, and the results that comes when our offense is working like a well oiled machine, we should have QB's trying to jump into our system. Not settling for the third and fourth best options.

Archived