2017 4* QB Kellen Mond (aTm commit 6/27/16)

ellitor

I'm just preparing for Mond talking about "playing in more of a pro system" as one of the relevant factors in his decision to go to TAMU.

AU actualy has the offensive fit advantage per sources. What I posted before on that was incorrect.

Not sure what you posted earlier, E. I just remember reading a quote from Mond referring to playing in "more of a pro" system at TAMU. Is that what you are talking about?

Yes but AU appears to be the better O fit right now given Mazzone moving around so much lately in his career.

I got you. So, Mond didn't say that quote about being more of a pro qb in TAMU's system?

i believe Mond just said he wanted to play in a system where he could throw more, like a prostyle offense.

Something along those lines.

Didn't say anything about which school was better equipped to meet that desire or if it would effect his decision

Yes. People inferred TAMU from the info.

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm just preparing for Mond talking about "playing in more of a pro system" as one of the relevant factors in his decision to go to TAMU.

AU actualy has the offensive fit advantage per sources. What I posted before on that was incorrect.

Not sure what you posted earlier, E. I just remember reading a quote from Mond referring to playing in "more of a pro" system at TAMU. Is that what you are talking about?

Yes but AU appears to be the better O fit right now given Mazzone moving around so much lately in his career.

I got you. So, Mond didn't say that quote about being more of a pro qb in TAMU's system?

i believe Mond just said he wanted to play in a system where he could throw more, like a prostyle offense.

Something along those lines.

Didn't say anything about which school was better equipped to meet that desire or if it would effect his decision

Yes. People inferred TAMU from the info.

Okay, cool. Thanks for clearing that up.

Anyone know any of the 3 QBs who left Texas A&M in the past 2 years who could arrange an introduction? If we've got Urban in his ear negative recruiting AU and Craig in his receiver buddy's ears negative recruiting AU, we should at least make sure he's getting the whole picture from some QBs who lived the Sumlin experience and decided to get out.

3? I think the number is like 5 or 6.

Kyler Murray transferred to OU

Kyle Allen transferred to Houston

Kenny Hill transferred to TCU

Matt Joeckel transferred to TCU

Matt Davis transferred to SMU.

all transferred under sumlin.

*** I just want to say...

Dameyune Craig is a good man and a hell of a coach... and he loves Auburn!

Now, that being said, it did not work out working under Gus... and that's ok. He's now at LSU doing what he was hired to do... recruiting his ass off. You can call it negative recruiting or whatever, but everybody does it.

DC knows Gus and Lashlee on a different level than anybody, and he speaks from experience. And he uses that to "negative recruit" against us.

I just want everyone to know, the guy loves Auburn and he will be back on the plains one day, mark my words.

Also, everyone claiming he's not a good wr coach... no $hit! He's a quarterback... and he's qb coach! He was hired to recruit... that's about it. Major head-scratcher by Gus not letting Dameyune work with the qb's...

But, Dameyube Craig is one hell of a coach... for the record.

Now, that being said, it did not work out working under Gus... and that's ok. He's now at LSU doing what he was hired to do... recruiting his ass off. You can call it negative recruiting or whatever, but everybody does it.

DC knows Gus and Lashlee on a different level than anybody, and he speaks from experience. And he uses that to "negative recruit" against us.

I just want everyone to know, the guy loves Auburn and he will be back on the plains one day, mark my words.

Also, everyone claiming he's not a good wr coach... no $hit! He's a quarterback... and he's qb coach! He was hired to recruit... that's about it. Major head-scratcher by Gus not letting Dameyune work with the qb's...

And one hell of a PLAYER"S coach to boot. They absolutely love him.

I could care less about Mond. Hopefully JF3 can be a solid starter for 2 years then Barrett can take over. I just wanna survive until Gatewood gets here. That's the one I'm worried about keeping.

I could care less about Mond. Hopefully JF3 can be a solid starter for 2 years then Barrett can take over. I just wanna survive until Gatewood gets here. That's the one I'm worried about keeping.

Gus, is that you?

indeed

The staff has and is putting up a good fight but I would be surprised if Mond does not pick TAMU. Honestly though AU was always going to have an uphill battle here if TAMU decided to go all in on an in state kid which they did starting about a month ago.

Urban getting into Mond's ear didn't help. Urban hates him some AU.

I am sure, since he never beat us.

I just want to say that Craig loves his job more than Auburn. He probably should. That's how he cares for his family, but he's completely willing to bag on Auburn and hurt it at every turn so I don't really care whether he "loves" it or not. I don't make it a habit of hurting the things I love. Like I said, the man loves his job more than Auburn.

As for him coming back, only time will tell. It'll never happen with Gus here. After that, you're too far down the road to try and predict his career path.

If he wants to throw, he can do it in this offense. It has been a while since Gus has had a functional throw first QB to game plan the season with. I think Sean will help prove that if he is the starter from day 1. The reason we haven't thrown more is we have had QBs with a stronger run skill than pass skill at the college level (had to add that in there because of how well Cam has developed in his passing since). Once JJ started throwing interceptions, Gus lost his trust and limited his passing windows to attempt. I really wish Sean had not thrown the pick in the first drive against MSU. Gus got scared again and limited his throws until Sean gained some trust back. I tell you one thing, once Gus loses trust in you, it is hard to get it back. Same with RBS and fumbles. The point is, Gus will open it up if he has confidence in his QB.

I mean who uses positive recruiting tactics?

We don't use negative tactics per a number of recruit interviews after they signed with other schools.

In your opinion did Craig change his tune once he got to Auburn...and now that he is gone to LSU he is back to a negative nancy...?

Yes WDE is correct CDC is not taking shots at the university. He is firing shots at the coaching staff especially Gus and Rhett.

Honest question- what kind of shots do 'they' honestly have in their arsenal against Gus? Guy has had 1 bad year on offense, while the head coach, in 10 years in college ball. That's crazy talk.

The only shot they need... he won't be there in a year. I'm sure that several are also telling QBs that he can't develop them after Jeremy's meltdown.

But he can't get any credit for his time with Todd, or Cam. Just recognition for the one that did not have the stones for big time SEC ball in JJ.

indeed

Then maybe they should have caught a few balls for him...lol just kidding

We don't use negative tactics per a number of recruit interviews after they signed with other schools.

In your opinion did Craig change his tune once he got to Auburn...and now that he is gone to LSU he is back to a negative nancy...?

Well obviously he would not negatively recruit AU while at AU. Based on something WDE said a long time ago it's my theory Gus did not want him negatively recruiting opponents while at AU either but I don't know that to be true. I don't know that I would call a name to it like nancy. There is a way to do it to care about the kid or appear to and not disrespect the other school...For example, If I was recruiting against LSU for Narcisse I would point out that their offense is not dual threat QB friendly & Miles has struggled to get a dual QB developed no matter what he has said or the OC changes he has made While AU at least has Cam & Nick who did very well & well in our offense respectively.

The statements I made about LSU are technically negative recruiting.

Well obviously he would not negatively recruit AU while at AU. Based on something WDE said a long time ago it's my theory Gus did not want him negatively recruiting opponents while at AU either but I don't know that to be true. I don't know that I would call a name to it like nancy. There is a way to do it to care about the kid or appear to and not disrespect the other school...For example, If I was recruiting against LSU for Narcisse I would point out that their offense is not dual threat QB friendly & Miles has struggled to get a dual QB developed no matter what he has said or the OC changes he has made While AU at least has Cam & Nick who did very well & well in our offense respectively.

Thanks ...IMO it's his job to and if he lays out facts then I have no problem with it.

Thanks ...IMO it's his job to and if he lays out facts then I have no problem with it.

Yup. I don't know how he is doing things but guys like Smart & Pruitt are doing their negative recruiting disrespectfully.

So nothing on Mond today?

His commit date is next Wednesday. Yesterday was his birthday.

Yup. I don't know how he is doing things but guys like Smart & Pruitt are doing their negative recruiting disrespectfully.

How so? You laid out the respectful, based in fact negative recruiting pitch but how are Smart and Pruitt's methods different?

How so? You laid out the respectful, based in fact negative recruiting pitch but how are Smart and Pruitt's methods different?

There's lots of ways it can be done disrespectfully. I don't have the particulars but I trust WDE & 23 when they say Smart & Pruitt do.

There's lots of ways it can be done disrespectfully. I don't have the particulars but I trust WDE & 23 when they say Smart & Pruitt do.

I wasn't trying to make it seem as I didn't believe you. I also have read WDE and 23 mention those things but was wondering if there were any actually points Smart and Pruitt make about AU that anyone had specifically heard. It can't be any worse than what gets said on here about our own team though I imagine.

I wasn't trying to make it seem as I didn't believe you. I also have read WDE and 23 mention those things but was wondering if there were any actually points Smart and Pruitt make about AU that anyone had specifically heard. It can't be any worse than what gets said on here about our own team though I imagine.

Job security of the staff which has been discussed ad neaseum.

Now let's get back to Mond.

Gus, is that you?

LOL ?

Archived