2017 4* QB Kellen Mond (aTm commit 6/27/16)

ellitor

Why would you want to go somewhere the WR's are being coached not to catch at with DC?

Why would you want to go play for Sumlin, when his two most recent high profile high school QBs just high tailed it out of there?

I don't see how we'd be losing the negative recruiting battle against anyone in this discussion other than Urban.

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good grief guys every thread doesn't have to be coach bashing. He will either come or not. I hope our attention to mond doesn't take away from Tray Bishop. I think he has more upside. I will gladly take both but as mond has already said he doesn't really like to run all the master armchair coaches say Gus had to have a running QB... Sooooo. I'm just sick of the coach bashing. It's old and tiresome. Gus will be here this year and next. If he tanks both he's gone. If he finished above 9-3 in either season he will be staying even longer. Grow up and stop acting like as a fan you're entitled to something. Get behind this team and see what happens.

As always,

War Eagle

Anyone know any of the 3 QBs who left Texas A&M in the past 2 years who could arrange an introduction? If we've got Urban in his ear negative recruiting AU and Craig in his receiver buddy's ears negative recruiting AU, we should at least make sure he's getting the whole picture from some QBs who lived the Sumlin experience and decided to get out.

Won't matter. He's getting too much pressure from the Aggie network across the state of Texas pushing him to not leave the state.

Anyone know any of the 3 QBs who left Texas A&M in the past 2 years who could arrange an introduction? If we've got Urban in his ear negative recruiting AU and Craig in his receiver buddy's ears negative recruiting AU, we should at least make sure he's getting the whole picture from some QBs who lived the Sumlin experience and decided to get out.

Craig may be a great recruiter but IMO as a WR coach he didn't accomplish much while at AU. I would use this to negative recruit against him.

Maybe but his recruiting talents & recent LSU WR history over shadows that.

I agree that it does not look good with JA saying that Lsu and A&M are his top 2. I am not conceding KM to A&M just yet though. I was told yesterday after the story about JA top 2 broke that our coaches still feel good about our position with KM. I should be able to get a good feeling about where he will pick later today or tomm. Also DC is using negative recruiting tactics against us.

I have a strong dislike for Urban Meyer. I hope his run at Ohio State comes crashing down in a scandal-ridden fire.

I mean who uses positive recruiting tactics? If he is at LSU I am sure he will say whatever is needed to get a kid there..same at FSU...and same while he was here at AU. As for Mond - he is from Texas, family there, Aggie network etc., was gonna be hard pull anyway. Maybe AU can just wait until he transfers out after his freshman season.

Craig was notorious for negative recruiting his alma mater at FSU. Why would anyone expect different behavior at LSU? When he left, I thought him talking trash about Auburn was pretty much a given.

I agree that it does not look good with JA saying that Lsu and A&M are his top 2. I am not conceding KM to A&M just yet though. I was told yesterday after the story about JA top 2 broke that our coaches still feel good about our position with KM. I should be able to get a good feeling about where he will pick later today or tomm. Also DC is using negative recruiting tactics against us.

DC is going after Gus and Rhett that is for sure.

Craig was notorious for negative recruiting his alma mater at FSU. Why would anyone expect different behavior at LSU? When he left, I thought him talking trash about Auburn was pretty much a given.

DC is going after Gus. Not taking shots at the school. DC did take some shots at the school while at FSU.

I mean who uses positive recruiting tactics?

We don't use negative tactics per a number of recruit interviews after they signed with other schools.

DC is going after Gus. Not taking shots at the school. DC did take some shots at the school while at FSU.

Thanks for confirmation on CDC hitting us at LSU fellas.

Back to Kellen - fwiw, his top notch linebacker Academy teammate in Bradenton apparently just committed to aTm. (per, I believe, SEC Country).

Yes WDE is correct CDC is not taking shots at the university. He is firing shots at the coaching staff especially Gus and Rhett.

Honest question- what kind of shots do 'they' honestly have in their arsenal against Gus? Guy has had 1 bad year on offense, while the head coach, in 10 years in college ball. That's crazy talk.

Yes WDE is correct CDC is not taking shots at the university. He is firing shots at the coaching staff especially Gus and Rhett.

Honest question- what kind of shots do 'they' honestly have in their arsenal against Gus? Guy has had 1 bad year on offense, while the head coach, in 10 years in college ball. That's crazy talk.

The only shot they need... he won't be there in a year. I'm sure that several are also telling QBs that he can't develop them after Jeremy's meltdown.

Sorry but I don't distinguish between taking shots at the football program and taking shots at the head coach, which directly damages the football program. They're the same thing dressed up differently.

Sorry but I don't distinguish between taking shots at the football program and taking shots at the head coach, which directly damages the football program. They're the same thing dressed up differently.

I agree with that, but I thought the distinction was between the coaches and the school, not the program. I do think you can distinguish between the school and the coaches. Sorry, I know we are already off topic.

I'm just preparing for Mond talking about "playing in more of a pro system" as one of the relevant factors in his decision to go to TAMU.

I'm just preparing for Mond talking about "playing in more of a pro system" as one of the relevant factors in his decision to go to TAMU.

AU actualy has the offensive fit advantage per sources. What I posted before on that was incorrect.

AU actualy has the offensive fit advantage per sources. What I posted before on that was incorrect.

Not sure what you posted earlier, E. I just remember reading a quote from Mond referring to playing in "more of a pro" system at TAMU. Is that what you are talking about?

Not sure what you posted earlier, E. I just remember reading a quote from Mond referring to playing in "more of a pro" system at TAMU. Is that what you are talking about?

Yes but AU appears to be the better O fit right now given Mazzone moving around so much lately in his career. Regaardless I don't think either of those will be a determining factor in the end.

Yes but AU appears to be the better O fit right now given Mazzone moving around so much lately in his career.

I got you. So, Mond didn't say that quote about being more of a pro qb in TAMU's system?

Yes but AU appears to be the better O fit right now given Mazzone moving around so much lately in his career.

I got you. So, Mond didn't say that quote about being more of a pro qb in TAMU's system?

I don't know. I saw it from other places. Also I edited my last post if you want to read it.

i believe Mond just said he wanted to play in a system where he could throw more, like a prostyle offense.

Something along those lines.

Didn't say anything about which school was better equipped to meet that desire or if it would effect his decision

Archived