2017 4* QB Kellen Mond (aTm commit 6/27/16)

ellitor

• Replies 754
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My apologies to the board. I assumed too much when I thought Ausbon eliminating AU meant doom w/ Mond. It appears it doesn't & FWIW there are sources at IMG where Mond plays high school ball that feel Auburn is the choice. It's still believed very close as to which school he will choose. AU has the advantage with everything immediate football wise including Offense "fit" & relationships with staff. In many cases that makes the end result a slam dunk but this is not 1 of those cases. TAMU has the proximity advantage for the family if they want to see him play in person. They also have the perceived life after football advantage w/ the Aggie network of supporters. Some may scoff at the importance of that but it is a real factor for the Monds. I'm sure they would prefer him at TAMU but he does have family blessing to choose AU if that is his pick.

I have no love for Damien whatsoever. As far as I am concerned, I hope never coaches at Auburn again.

I have no love for Damien whatsoever. As far as I am concerned, I hope never coaches at Auburn again.

Because he did what he felt was best for his family and his career?

My apologies to the board. I assumed too much when I thought Ausbon eliminating AU meant doom w/ Mond. It appears it doesn't & FWIW there are sources at IMG where Mond plays high school ball that feel Auburn is the choice. It's still believed very close as to which school he will choose. AU has the advantage with everything immediate football wise including Offense "fit" & relationships with staff. In many cases that makes the end result a slam dunk but this is not 1 of those cases. TAMU has the proximity advantage for the family if they want to see him play in person. They also have the perceived life after football advantage w/ the Aggie network of supporters. Some may scoff at the importance of that but it is a real factor for the Monds. I'm sure they would prefer him at TAMU but he does have family blessing to choose AU if that is his pick.

That is also what I hear from my source at IMG. However, they haven't come out and asked him just going by what they hear him talking about with the schools...we shall see...

I agree... I don't want Damien to coach at Auburn either.

Maybe it's because of how you guys are spelling "Dameyune's" name wrong. I may be wrong on spelling too, but I like him, and mine isn't the son of that damned devil!

If Lashlee ever left for a head coaching job, Gus should rehire Craig to be OC/QB coach.

As has been said countless times it's not an option. Gus & CDC will not work together again.

If Mond chooses to go elsewhere, who do we start going after next?

Link

QB is a definite concern if we lose Mond. My guess is the staff would make another hard run at Naecisse especially given LSU also has a pocket QB commit whose stock is going up in a hurry, or N'Kosi Perry from Miami.

AU as of today.

I like the words that you just said.

Fwiw. Sorry I've been lurking a lot lately not much been posting.

AU as of today.

Fwiw. Sorry I've been lurking a lot lately not much been posting.

It's almost 100% idle chatter this time of year anyway. I'm sure there will be plenty more to talk about about 2 months from now.

Clayton sightings always a good thing.

Just a general question and I may be way off base here but aren't Art Briles and Gus friendly? After Art's firing, could Art be suggesting AU to Mond (assuming they stayed in touch?)

Just a general question and I may be way off base here but aren't Art Briles and Gus friendly? After Art's firing, could Art be suggesting AU to Mond (assuming they stayed in touch?)

That's assuming Mond talks to Briles... The issues could have burned that bridge if Mond felt let down.

AU as of today.

Yes, please yes!

It sure would be nice to pick up Mond and HOLD his commitment. Not only would we have a solid QB for this class but we'd also have a QB committed who is in a prime position to do some major recruiting for us.

Archived